Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

why don't you go gently caress off to a moor and eat a lime

if i were indeed to take a trip to the moors on this wonderful sunny weekend a lime would indeed make a zesty and refreshing snack, thanks for the suggestion, but no tomorrow i am going to the seaside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

actually we let them decide that for themselves and they voted an overwhelming 'och no'

was that much of a landslide, it was only 400,000 votes and considering the amount of stupid campaigning brits did to fight it idk man

fwiw less than 40% of people living in the colonies supported independence from the UK. I feel like you're always going to have 1/3 of the population be loyalists, 1/3 be apathetic, and 1/3 be separatists (and generally that's how things usually shake out). given that a simple majority democratic vote seems slightly unfair.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

fwiw less than 40% of people living in the colonies supported independence from the UK

so essentially what you're saying is everyone wants to be british, interesting, perhaps we should claim them all back then by your very logic?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Foolproof troll on Americans, OP.

"TRY IT ILL FUKCING KILL YOU human being!!!!!!!!!"

Voted 1 tho.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

so essentially what you're saying is everyone wants to be british, interesting, perhaps we should claim them all back then by your very logic?

no I'm just saying at least half the population are fuckwits at any given moment and it is unfair to punish the other half for it.

why not have goal marks like 'at 51%+ the scots can be totally independent, at 45%+ we can talk about less centralization and more power to the scots.' That way the people who actually know or care that they are getting hosed by the ponces in the South with regards to things like oil production/export/profits are ameliorated.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
nothing compared to the amount of interest britain owes to italy

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

General Napier on Indian Custom posted:

"Be it so. This burning of widows is your custom; prepare the funeral pile. But my nation has also a custom. When men burn women alive we hang them, and confiscate all their property. My carpenters shall therefore erect gibbets on which to hang all concerned when the widow is consumed. Let us all act according to national customs."

You used to be cool, Britain.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

gently caress off op

gently caress off, fat fedora-wearer

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

no I'm just saying at least half the population are fuckwits at any given moment and it is unfair to punish the other half for it.

call me old fashioned but in any given civilisation i tend to favour the wishes of the many over the few but then again i am not hitler :godwin:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
If Great Britain wants the USA they can come take it from us.

:911:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Agag posted:

Foolproof troll on Americans, OP.

"TRY IT ILL FUKCING KILL YOU human being!!!!!!!!!"

Voted 1 tho.

why you gotta be so down on killing ? we have a lot of military equipment and we barely get to use it :(

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Decebal posted:

why you gotta be so down on killing ? we have a lot of military equipment and we barely get to use it :(

Killing rules. :black101:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

call me old fashioned but in any given civilisation i tend to favour the wishes of the many over the few but then again i am not hitler :godwin:

but don't you see that they just want lowered central authority and you are instead framing it in such a way that they have to vote for total independence or nothing and thus the whole drat thing is disingenuous (to speak nothing of flooding scotland with pro-unity propaganda)?

Like I bet there's tons of Scots who want to be treated more fairly by Parliament, or at the very least not have their representative's proposals laughed at, who at the same time don't necessarily want to be totally independent. But no, everyone just gets the finger because David Cameron is a fucker who lols when Scotland says 'hey we produce more oil than Britain but Britain gets most of the money from it...'

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Rahu posted:

If Great Britain wants the USA they can come take it from us.

:911:

as i said before we only want your gold your silver and i guess we'll take scarlett johansson too

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

but don't you see that they just want lowered central authority and you are instead framing it in such a way that they have to vote for total independence or nothing and thus the whole drat thing is disingenuous (to speak nothing of flooding scotland with pro-unity propaganda)?

Like I bet there's tons of Scots who want to be treated more fairly by Parliament, or at the very least not have their representative's proposals laughed at, who at the same time don't necessarily want to be totally independent. But no, everyone just gets the finger because David Cameron is a fucker.

look, samantha, i don't know who's taken the jam out of your doughnut i'm just saying that democracy is a good thing, and i honestly thought you would agree with that seeing as it's the reason for why you bomb most of the browns that you do

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
thnx for the AP US History summary

weird conspiracy poo poo at the end of that tho

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

look, samantha, i don't know who's taken the jam out of your doughnut i'm just saying that democracy is a good thing, and i honestly thought you would agree with that seeing as it's the reason for why you bomb most of the browns that you do

lol if you think this company/country is a democracy

frankly you can have it back, so long as channel 4 stops blocking their poo poo on the internet over here

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

The Whole Internet posted:

lol if you think this company/country is a democracy

frankly you can have it back, so long as channel 4 stops blocking their poo poo on the internet over here

if you hate it so much sounds like you should just emigrate over here, and get channel 4 whilst you're at it, bish bash bosh problem solved

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Is this thread because the US is saving soccer Gypsum?

:allears:

Edit: By the way here are two gents from the UK with their scandalous opinions on the US https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JVAKghnzxzM

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I'm just here to collect our rightful 50% share of mined gold and silver and 5% of your overall profits, ta very much.

how bout you pay back the billions from the Marshal Plan, first

loving debtors

• Locked thread