Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Knights surrounded Sam for a second day with another noose, only this time they also tied the ropes around his wrists and ankles too to make sure he definitely doesn't escape. Hiipfire removed his dagger from his cloak and stabbed Sam in the neck repeatedly, watching with glee as the blood pooled thicker and thicker with each stilted gurgle. Finally, Sam died, for real this time. As the sun set however his skin slowly shifted back and forth between fur and flesh, his mouth extended to hideous proportions to accomodate his new set of bestial teeth, and his fingers cracked and jerked until they more resembled claws. The Knights had finally found their monster.

:s: Samfucius, Qiu Lung, Beast (beast-aligned serial killer), was executed day 6. :s:

Having finally tracked down and killed the awful beast, the Knights packed up their camp and began the long march back to civilization. They had suffered horror beyond imagination in those deep, dark woods of Ruzelia, but finally they could, at least for a short while, know peace.

:woop:
Look Under the Rock, Miguel Basilio, Scout (town-aligned tracker);
100YrsofAttitude, Erin Brieghnne, Scout (town-aligned tracker);
yuming, Olympia Sztolaz, Knight (town-aligned vanilla); and
Hiipfire, Simon Philemon, Knight (town-aligned vanilla), have won the game for the town!

:ghost:
merk's town-alignment has been retroactively restored due to the town victory.

:gibs:
The wolves have been defeated.

Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Roughshod in Ruzelia

A Game for 12 players

2 Mafia:
--- Beastman, bloodthirsty killer.
----- Can target multiple players at night to kill. 1 kill has a 100% chance of "success." 2 kills, 50%, 3 kills 25%, and so on. If a kill fails, however, all subsequent kills fail as well.
----- If a kill is "successful" but blocked somehow (e.g. doctor protection), the following night that player turns into a Beast as well. Essentially another SK.
----- Beast-creating power applies to all subsequent Beasts as well.
----- Is one-shot BP/LP
--- 1 Follower
----- Can protect at night, 50% chance of success
----- If Beastman dies, Follower can perform kills with a 50% chance of success

10 Townies:
--- 3 doctors
--- 1 jailor
--- 2 trackers
--- 4 vanilla

==========================================

Player List:
1) Samfucius - Qiu Lung - Beast (beast-aligned serial killer)
2) BottleKnight - Remislav Lakotsko - Follower (beast-aligned faith healer)
3) Ghostly Gangsta - Mana Moritsovna - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
4) Grandicap - Estiev Ruiz - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
5) merk - Eudaemon Przemysław - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
6) MC Eating Disorder - Hayri Xanthopoulos - Officer (town-aligned jailor)
7) WHICH WAY MADNESS Look Under the Rock - Miguel Basilio - Scout (town-aligned tracker)
8) fiery_valkyrie 100YrsofAttitude - Erin Brieghnne - Scout (town-aligned tracker)
9) yuming - Olympia Sztolaz - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
10) Deadbeat Dad - Khazi Dehlafie - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
11) Hiipfire - Simon Philemon - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
12) EXAKT Science - Maria Deldonna - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)

===========================================

Night Actions:

Day 1:
WWM is replaced by LUTR
fiery is replacd by 100Yrs
Town executes GG

Night 1:
Sam kills merk + grandi (SUCCESS)
BK protects Deadbeat, fails
Grandi protects merk
merk protects Hiipfire
MC jails Deadbead Dad
LUTR tracks EXAKT
100Yrs tracks EXAKT

Day 2:
Town executes MCED

Night 2:
Sam kills merk
BK protects nobody what a loser
merk kills DBD
LUTR tracks DBD (NOWHERE)
100Yrs tracks yuming (NOWHERE)

Day 3:
Town executes EXAKT

Night 3:
Sam kills yuming + lutr (FAILS)
BK protects NOTHING omg
LUTR tracks 100Yrs
100Yrs tracks Hiipfire

Day 4:
Town executes BottleKnight

Night 4:
Sam kills yuming + lutr (FAILS oh my gosh what is he DOING)
LUTR tracks yuming
100Yrs tracks Sam

Day 5:
Town executes Sam (LP activates)

Night 5:
Sam kills hiip, yuming, lutr (fails again gosh golly)
LUTR tracks Sam
100Yrs tracks Lutr

Day 6:
Town executes Sam

TOWN VICTORY
GAME OVER

===========================================

ROLE PMs:

Samfucius - Qiu Lung - Beast (beast-aligned serial killer)
It's a funny thing, dying. You felt the pain of an animal's bite into your flesh, and then you felt your life slipping out one flash of light at a time until there was nothing but darkness. And then there was light again. And a hunger. A hunger for more, for flesh and blood dripping from your jaws. You looked down at your frame - a small but strong Pimonese woman. And yet, inside, there is the heart of a beast.
You are a mafioso! You seek to consume everyone in the game into your ravenous maw, and as such, win when you are the only player left alive in the game or nothing can stop the same. Your scumbuddy is BottleKnight, a pathetic human with a wolf fetish. You two are confirmed to be of the same alignment and may talk freely OOT. However, only you may perform the nightkill.
You are gifted with mighty bestial strength, and what would kill a normal person you can shrug off for a time. You are one-shot bulletproof OR hangproof (depending on what happens to you first).
You are filled with a bloodlust, and feel capable of consuming as much meat as you can. You may act as an "Ecco Vig" - instead of just one nightkill each night, you may, if you desire, target as many as you like. Your chance of success drops by half for each additional kill (e.g. 2 kills: 50%, 3 kills: 25%, etc.), AND if you fail a roll for one kill, you fail it for all of your kills that night. These will count as failing to perform a kill (which involves the clause below), but your attempts may still be watched or tracked.
Your saliva is also dripping with a powerful magick venom - getting it into someone's bloodstream will transform them into a beast just like you. If you successfully perform a nightkill on a player, but the kill fails to take effect (e.g. your target was protected by a doctor), that player will, the subsequent night, turn into a serial killer. Their win condition will be to also be the only one in the game, so watch out!
Aaand I think that's it! Phew that's a lot of stuff! Let me know if you have questions about it.
You are a serial killer and you are beast-aligned.

BottleKnight - Remislav Lakotsko - Follower (beast-aligned faith healer)
The old Ruzelian legends talk about these ancient creatures called, in the Arrentish translation of the Ruzelian dialect, "wolfskins." They are these large, monstrous beasts who prey on the flesh of the living while they themselves are half-alive half-dead. They are not like any other animal out there, they do not reproduce by copulation like animals, or by shedding and budding like plants and moss, but rather through their bite. One pierce of their teeth and dark magicks infest your body, your blood, and, piece by piece, turns you into another monster. You have always loved and worshiped them, so when you joined the Bottle Knights, it was partially in the hope of meeting one of these majestic and horrifying beasts. And now you have; you watched as a beast bit into your bunkmate, Qiu, and left her a beast as well. You persuaded her to work with you in exchange for someday turning you. It's cruel to betray your fellow soldiers like this, but, with the promise of immortality, you have plenty of time to resolve your feelings.
You are a mafioso! You seek to have your beastman consume everyone in the game, and as such, win when only Qiu Lung (Samfucius!) is alive or nothing can stop the same. You two are confirmed to be of the same alignment and may talk freely OOT. However, only Sam may perform nightkills. His kills have all sorts of special conditions on them, he can tell you about them at his leisure.
You yourself are trained in special herbal magicks based around Ruzelia; during the night you may target a player in the game and, using a complicated mixture of herbs and berries, feed them a protective potion. This will give them a 50% chance of surviving harm during the night. Note that this power works not only on humans but also beasts as well.
You are a faith healer and you are beast-aligned.

Ghostly Gangsta - Mana Moritsovna - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
Grandicap - Estiev Ruiz - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
merk - Eudaemon Przemysław - Cleric (town-aligned doctor)
As the Bottle Knights often find themselves deep in the wilderness without sanctuary for sometimes months at a time, it is important to have proper protection in place. You don't want soldiers marching in a swamp to trip and scrape their knee and within a day die of gangrene or other horrors, that would be horrible. You are a member of the White Mage Corps, an elite healer trained in the finest medical institutions of Dromay. Your job is to heal the sick, lessen suffering, make sure those who are about to die do so in peace. Now that your team of Knights are under attack from within, you need to use every spell in your book to try and keep everyone alive and get them home safely.
You are a townie! You seek to eliminate the monsters inside your own camp, and as such, win when only town-aligned players are left alive. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You are also a highly trained master of white magicks. During the night you may target a player in the game and cast healing and protection spells on them, saving them from death.
You are a doctor and you are town-aligned.

MC Eating Disorder - Hayri Xanthopoulos - Officer (town-aligned jailor)
Leading the Bottle Knights is no easy task; they can be an unruly bunch, and though well-disciplined, even the hardest soldiers can start to break under the stress of not seeing a town or village for months at a time. Sometimes they even threaten to mutiny, but you don't take it personally, it's just nerves. The wilderness does that to people sometimes. Despite the struggles, you always manage to keep the team together. But now, with monsters inside your own unit, you need to use all your skills to make sure the soldiers remain united against their common foe.
You are a townie! You seek to eliminate the monsters inside your own camp, and as such, win when only town-aligned players are left alive. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
Additionally, you are the commanding officer of the Knights. You are used to occasionally having to knock a soldier senseless and tie them up to make sure they don't do something sketchy. During the night you may target a player in the game and prevent them both from performing any actions or having any actions target them.
You are a jailor and you are town-aligned.

WHICH WAY MADNESS Look Under the Rock - Miguel Basilio - Scout (town-aligned tracker)
fiery_valkyrie 100YrsofAttitude - Erin Brieghnne - Scout (town-aligned tracker)
An army is only as good as its eyes and ears, and that's your job. You are attached to the elite Bottle Knights and act as their scout, making sure as they cruise through the darkest swamps and thickest forests they don't accidentally march themselves into a trap. You've recently been tracking a beast through the woods of Ruzelia, but, you never saw the trap it laid for you. Now you are reeling, trying to find the monster in your midst, before it finds you.
To assist you, you are a highly trained scout. You are able to subtly follow animals (and people) to see where they go without them knowing you were ever there. During the night you may target a player in the game and will be told who if anyone they targeted.
You are a tracker and you are town-aligned.

yuming - Olympia Sztolaz - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
Deadbeat Dad - Khazi Dehlafie - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
Hiipfire - Simon Philemon - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
EXAKT Science - Maria Deldonna - Knight (town-aligned vanilla)
You have spent your entire life so far dedicated to the Legionne of Her Imperial Highness Queen Judyta III. You started as a grunt, sent to quell a male uprising or help provide muscle for a local duchess's claims, but you excelled at your work. And you were noticed. And you got really, really lucky. You were promoted and given ample opportunities to prove your worth to the Legionne, and now here you are, a member of the elite Bottle Knights. Of course, you're in the middle of the uncharted forests of Ruzelia, and a vicious monster is breathing down your necks, waiting to murder each and every one of you in your sleep, and has taken the form of one of your most trusted and beloved companions, so, maybe you should have been a little more complacent with your lot in life. Still, it's time for a bit of the Verch Courage, and get out of this in one piece.
You have no outstanding abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game! Thanks for running it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NOTES:

- This setup was a modified version of one I used for a large game a few years ago. I mostly wanted to test out an SK-creation mechanic that didn't get used at all in the first game.

- Had there been a 13th player I'd have given the town an overeager vigilante so the town has more tools at their disposal to stop the scum wolves, though with 12 players it would have been just too few. I really wish we had gotten the 13th because without the vigilante the town was at a moderate disadvantage setup-wise.

- If you observe the game you might notice that Sam had the game in the bag night 3, but he didn't realize it, and did the exact one thing he could do to lose the game. And then he lost the game. It was exciting. :v:

- This game was kinda :effort: but it was that way on my end too so don't be hard on yourselves too much. These minigames I run are mostly just to pass the time and test out mechanics, don't worry about taking them too seriously.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Fun game. I enjoyed it even with the alignment change. I didn't enjoy dying though! I thought I was in a good spot.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Sorry I had to pull out. I kept reading along though and as soon as I saw Merk's flip I knew exactly what was going on with the setup, because I also played the original of this setup. It was very frustrating to read knowing what was going on and not being able to say so.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry I had to pull out. I kept reading along though and as soon as I saw Merk's flip I knew exactly what was going on with the setup, because I also played the original of this setup. It was very frustrating to read knowing what was going on and not being able to say so.

You could have said so! I don't make it a secret that these series of minigames are taken whole and entire from past games. The astute player will be at an advantage and that's okay!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

You could have said so! I don't make it a secret that these series of minigames are taken whole and entire from past games. The astute player will be at an advantage and that's okay!

No I had replaced out before I knew what was going on.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Lurker scum :effort:

well I was only right about merk... I mean sam...

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
This game was terribly fun! Thanks for running it :-)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Lurker scum :effort:

well I was only right about merk... I mean sam...

I wasn't lying about my sleep schedule. That one 200-post afternoon was insane to catch up on and demoralized me lol

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
This was fun! Sorry about being afk at the end there.

Town kill lurkers early imo!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

yuming posted:

This was fun! Sorry about being afk at the end there.

Town kill lurkers early imo!

Scum too. Everyone just do it.

Good game sorry for kinda just not being able to put my all. I did what I could out of respect for those giving 100%. I was happy to finally have a power role and end up being useful at it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Scum too. Everyone just do it.
Yes. :sun:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Sorry I was crap but yay go town! LUTR you rocked it! :sun:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I signed up for this before my new job started, and I was telling that truth that the schedule is insane. Sorry everyone, and sorry bk for not realizing that we had won the game d3.

That being said I liked my weird power so even if it never worked again I enjoyed rolling the dice.

I am going to take a mafia break now which is sad, but I can't really be a good active player with this work schedule.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

How did they almost win it on D3? I don't quite get that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How did they almost win it on D3? I don't quite get that.

- Day 3, town votes out town, game is now 6 players with 2 scum.
- Night 3, Sam could have performed just one solitary nightkill rather than two (which had a 50% chance of failure and did fail). This would have made the game on day 4: 5 alive, 2 scum.
- HOWEVER Sam had a one-shot LP power, as you all saw.
---- If the town voted Sam, they'd have failed. Then Night 4 Sam could perform a single nightkill again and Day 5 would be 4 alive, 2 scum -> victory.
---- If the town voted Bottle, Sam could perform another single nightkill N4, bringing Day 5 as 3 alive with 1 scum. But had the town then voted Sam (fails on the LP), Sam could do another solitary nightkill, bringing Day 6 as 2 town, 1 scum -> victory yet again.

By performing two nightkills instead of just one on night 3, Sam did the only thing he could do to lose himself the game by a coinflip. Had he performed just one, the mafia would have had unassailable dominance over the town and the game would have ended.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

- Day 3, town votes out town, game is now 6 players with 2 scum.
- Night 3, Sam could have performed just one solitary nightkill rather than two (which had a 50% chance of failure and did fail). This would have made the game on day 4: 5 alive, 2 scum.
- HOWEVER Sam had a one-shot LP power, as you all saw.
---- If the town voted Sam, they'd have failed. Then Night 4 Sam could perform a single nightkill again and Day 5 would be 4 alive, 2 scum -> victory.
---- If the town voted Bottle, Sam could perform another single nightkill N4, bringing Day 5 as 3 alive with 1 scum. But had the town then voted Sam (fails on the LP), Sam could do another solitary nightkill, bringing Day 6 as 2 town, 1 scum -> victory yet again.

By performing two nightkills instead of just one on night 3, Sam did the only thing he could do to lose himself the game by a coinflip. Had he performed just one, the mafia would have had unassailable dominance over the town and the game would have ended.

I see. Thank you!

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I swear to god though I have played in games where there are 4 people left and votefinder requires 3 votes for a kill. 2 is not the majority of 4 after all. I guess I don't get how 2v2 is an auto victory, unless the mod just decides it is.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Samfucius posted:

I guess I don't get how 2v2 is an auto victory, unless the mod just decides it is.
I want you to think for a second. With 2v2 you need 3 votes to execute right? Are scum ever going to vote for themselves in that kind of situation? What happens when the deadline is reached? What do the scum do that night?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ah, I see.

I don't know why that was so hard for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
There are rare situations where the scum can have parity (or even a majority!) and still fail to actually have an insurmountable lead over the game, but it would require pretty strange setups and a lot of random dumb luck.

So of course it happened in one of my games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3291400&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28#post376330491

• Locked thread