Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So Russia's paying people to troll pro-Putin stuff and poo poo this is bullshit I've been threadshitting for years and not gotten a loving cent goddamn capitalist pigs denying me the profits from my keyboard sweat. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html?_r=0

quote:

Dozens of journalists, media outlets and politicians, from Louisiana to New York City, found their Twitter accounts inundated with messages about the disaster. “Heather, I’m sure that the explosion at the #ColumbianChemicals is really dangerous. Louisiana is really screwed now,” a user named @EricTraPPP tweeted at the New Orleans Times-Picayune reporter Heather Nolan. Another posted a screenshot of CNN’s home page, showing that the story had already made national news. ISIS had claimed credit for the attack, according to one YouTube video; in it, a man showed his TV screen, tuned to an Arabic news channel, on which masked ISIS fighters delivered a speech next to looping footage of an explosion. A woman named Anna McClaren (@zpokodon9) tweeted at Karl Rove: “Karl, Is this really ISIS who is responsible for #ColumbianChemicals? Tell @Obama that we should bomb Iraq!” But anyone who took the trouble to check CNN.com would have found no news of a spectacular Sept. 11 attack by ISIS. It was all fake: the screenshot, the videos, the photographs.

quote:

One account was called “I Am rear end.” rear end had a Twitter account, an Instagram account, multiple Facebook accounts and his own website. In his avatars, rear end was depicted as a pair of cartoon buttocks with an ugly, smirking face. He filled his social-media presences with links to news articles, along with his own commentary. rear end had a puerile sense of humor and only a rudimentary grasp of the English language. He also really hated Barack Obama. rear end denounced Obama in posts strewn with all-caps rants and scatological puns. One characteristic post linked to a news article about an ISIS massacre in Iraq, which rear end shared on Facebook with the comment: “I’m scared and farting! ISIS is a monster awakened by Obama when he unleashed this disastrous Iraq war!”

mods please change my name to I Am rear end tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
:firstpost:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You can't be rear end, I am rear end

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

FuturePastNow posted:

You can't be rear end, I am rear end

I'm the hairy butthole.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
An actual paid organization who does nothing but sit around and write political spin all day is the kind of poo poo you'd expect to see only in fiction.

This is a fascinating article.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

xov posted:

An actual paid organization who does nothing but sit around and write political spin all day is the kind of poo poo you'd expect to see only in fiction.

Not really, that describes the mainstream US media perfectly

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf

gnarlyhotep posted:

I conjured a mental image of what the Fox News offices are probably like and it's unnerving that you are correct. Same poo poo, just less overt.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm scared and farting

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bart get out! I am rear end!
:regd13:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i, too, am gay

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

C. Everett Koop posted:

rear end shared on Facebook with the comment: “I’m scared and farting!
Lmao

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
this guy sounds cool and putin is better and more manly than david cameron, where do I sign up?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i'm scared and farting

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
this poo poo was revealed like months or a year + ago drat you guys are behind the times this forum used to be where i got this kinda news now its like the old grandmas barely keeping up with the latest chain letters

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

any nation that can afford to probably does in proportion to their potential media attention times their potential image as a kind of aggressor

us china russia israel

how can i get paid to do this btw

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
:siren: eat poo poo rear end op:siren:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Unlucky posted:

this poo poo was revealed like months or a year + ago drat you guys are behind the times this forum used to be where i got this kinda news now its like the old grandmas barely keeping up with the latest chain letters
its because the news are a medium for feeding cultural fascism in the form of simplistic narratives directly into the throats of retarded children like you. hth

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oprah kangaskhan

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

gary oldmans diary posted:

any nation that can afford to probably does in proportion to their potential media attention times their potential image as a kind of aggressor

us china russia israel

how can i get paid to do this btw
Your national army will have positions open for media relations people. Give that a go.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
vladimir putin is actually extremely cool according to some. hes also good many sources report

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
large penis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

update: still scared and farting

• Locked thread