Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Astrofig posted:

Which means any and all women stupid enough to join are going to end up as sex slaves inside of a week.

Men will be brining sex slaves they bought in Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
The funny part is all their talk about laws and poo poo is totally beside the point. There is exactly one way that Liberland would be treated as a real life country that means anything on the international stage.

Liberland needs to raise an army, occupy whatever land they want to claim, and kick the asses of anyone that tries to take it from them. They need to keep doing this until they get treaties/international recognition and/or people stop trying to take their country away.

If they're not willing to fight and actually win against the Croatian or whoever else's military then just seriously lol. No country in the world has the slightest respect for a "nation" that can't or won't maintain a claim on the land they purport to occupy. ISIS is 100x the nation Liberland ever will be, because ISIS controls land. Liberland controls and holds exclusive jurisdiction over zero land.

I hope Croatia starts summarily executing Liberlanders they catch on their side. Their country is being invaded by a foreign nation (ok technically just a group of people that claim to be one, but hey so is ISIS depending on who you ask) that asserts a claim to Croatia's territory. Any real country asserts exclusive military control of its land. Part of the reason ISIS isn't a real country is because they have yet to prove they can hold the land they claim. If or when they do that, they'll be a country and not a moment before.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 5, 2015

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

basement jihadist posted:

ah, tell me about Kucka

Kucka means "bitch". Also, it's claimed by Croatia.

Uncle Enzo posted:

I hope Croatia starts summarily executing Liberlanders they catch on their side.

Eh, they're just harmless fuckabouts who decided to screw around with finer points of international territorial claims. They just need a good kick in the rear end to gently caress them off where they came from.
Also, technically, Liberland is a Serbian proper. They just don't want to acknowledge that because they would then need to acknowledge Croatia's territorial claims on the eastern bank of Danube (which are far larger).

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

steady posted:

Kucka means "bitch". Also, it's claimed by Croatia.

Eh, they're just harmless fuckabouts who decided to screw around with finer points of international territorial claims. They just need a good kick in the rear end to gently caress them off where they came from.
Also, technically, Liberland is a Serbian proper. They just don't want to acknowledge that because they would then need to acknowledge Croatia's territorial claims on the eastern bank of Danube (which are far larger).

Oh agreed, I'm just making the point that international territory claims only really apply between countries, a random fuckhead can't just file some paperwork and expect to be taken seriously. Also, who the territory might technically belong to based on treaties (to which Liberland was not a party) or how the river meanders or what have you doesn't matter.

They can have any patch of land they want, if they can take it from whoever claims it already and defend it from whoever tries to take it from them.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Oluja pt. II

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Mirconations are alright when its just some eccentric guy who wants to pretend that his garden is a country and make a flag for it, but really he's only playacting, and it's just a bit of fun.

Mirconations that take themselves seriously and try to create the libertarian paradise are funny when the neckbeards realise that it takes more than squatting on a piece of land to become a country give up because they know they can't go Galt, and they aren't becoming the real life Andrew Ryan or Mr. House.

Or there are the ones which are both like Sealand, where a guy kicked some pirate radio people off an abandoned wartime sea platform, and set up his own nation in the North Sea. It snowballed into the leader's son shooting at British engineers, and a German man hiring mercenaries for a helicopter attack which lead to founder's son hostage, leading to an international incident.

I doubt this will get as crazy as that did.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
When some bitcoin idiots tried to make the same thing in Chile, it got shut down by the Chilean government pretty much right away... but with enough time for the guy in charge to cut and run with tons of that sweet sweet cash and bitcoin from the people who pre-bought plots.

Free market!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tipps posted:

When some bitcoin idiots tried to make the same thing in Chile, it got shut down by the Chilean government pretty much right away... but with enough time for the guy in charge to cut and run with tons of that sweet sweet cash and bitcoin from the people who pre-bought plots.

Free market!

It is so drat entertaining when one buttcoiner out freemarkets a bunch of other buttcoiners.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
imo you cant foster a nascent community that will spring into a country by idealizing the organizational structure of feral cattes unless the goal is to have a sweet bugout camp for child rape

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
i like the part where theyre like "haha checkmate statists, we even built a road, didnt think you could do that without paying for it with taxes did you" and is accompanied by a picture of a 4x4 bouncing and splashing through a giant mud puddle in the middle of a rutted strip of more mud

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
libertarians do this like loving clockwork, are they too dumb to read about the million other times this has failed or is it a no true scotsman thing?

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
"checkmate statists, we are building infrastructure at the level of cows and deer or maybe even those galapagos tortoises what carve out tracks in the forest by walking the same route enough times"

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Remember that African micronation that one of the chan sites wanted to make and they were going to make little Ripsaw ATVs be their primary industrial export? Because setting up factories in a desert is easy.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Looks like a more sickly version of Doc Holiday from Tombstone

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Justin Tyme posted:

Remember that African micronation that one of the chan sites wanted to make and they were going to make little Ripsaw ATVs be their primary industrial export? Because setting up factories in a desert is easy.

8chans white pride worldwide microstate ambitions crumbled when someone pointed out to them that foreigners cant own land in namibia, lmfao

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Tipps posted:

Free market!

i applaud this

Ambrose Burnside posted:

8chans white pride worldwide microstate ambitions crumbled when someone pointed out to them that foreigners cant own land in namibia, lmfao

for people who believe in the innate superiority of their great white genes they sure do give up quick

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Lufiron posted:

it's evolution, baby

it's sperg behavior

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Booblord Zagats posted:

Looks like a more sickly version of Doc Holiday from Tombstone

ofcourse he has a ponytail and fedora

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

quote:

Is statutory rape illegal?

Depends. I say it "depends" because I was not given any definitions/conditions for this "Statutory rape".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

p sure that entire nation is on a floodplain

• Locked thread