Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I'm going greyhound racing in 30 minutes, I've never been before and suck at gambling. It's also a work party.

How do I win big? Can I read greyhound form by eye? Will I become a dog whisperer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You should have posted this thread after your experience, so you won't have to feel awful for attending during the races.

On the plus side, greyhound rescues are a thing and they are baller dogs.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
drink and shout a lot the rest will come

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
this is bullshit how come we are allowed to race them but we arent allowed to fight them thanks a lot fuggin PC police

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
ive been down the dogs before in essex one time and let me tell you this the trick is to watch what dog shits itself before the race and stick a monkey on it, think about it lighter dog equals quicker dog

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

ive been down the dogs before in essex one time and let me tell you this the trick is to watch what dog shits itself before the race and stick a monkey on it, think about it lighter dog equals quicker dog

yeah but be careful when you do that, looking for making GBS threads dogs is the race tracks equivalent of counting cards...

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

My tip would be to completely ignore all the bizarre coded poo poo which gives you information about each dog. Literally noone on earth understands it, you may as well just try and read the necronomicon it'd probably be easier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
never been to a dog track then again im not a gambling addicted human being

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I have a greyhound and they are real weird. She stares at me while I'm on the computer and it's creepy as gently caress.

I'm pretty sure if someone killed me, she would sit there and stare at my corpse until she died as well. Good dog.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I'm the best, pick me!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope you have a flat cap and one of those jackets Del Boy wears.

Also say random phrases in a cockney accent to fit in.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
thought this thread was going to be about bus racing, voted 2

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

thought this thread was going to be about bus racing, voted 2

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
If your dog loses, do you get to take it home with you?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

you were warned posted:

If your dog loses, do you get to take it home with you?

It is usually fed to the winning dog

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Heeeereeee comes Sparky!

I always thought it unfair that when a dog actually catches the mechanical rabbit lure during a race, they aren't crowned automatic Winner Of Greyhounding and instead are painfully shocked to death. What more do you want the fuckin dog to do, ya know?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dethkon posted:

Heeeereeee comes Sparky!

I always thought it unfair that when a dog actually catches the mechanical rabbit lure during a race, they aren't crowned automatic Winner Of Greyhounding and instead are painfully shocked to death. What more do you want the fuckin dog to do, ya know?

blood for the blood god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

They should really jazz up the sport. Attach the dogs to gliders, fire them out of cannons, and have them chase a rabbit-quadrocopter through the countryside.

• Locked thread