Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015

literally a fish posted:

brotherly love
cool stuff, gives me time to scum together a proper microphone
see you in march (at the latest)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Since Neruz isn't going to cover the remaining Aeon campaign, time for one last story note.

When Dostya dies in the Aeon version of Operation Meltdown, Crusader Rhiza is enraged - probably more emotion than she's displayed since Aeon 1 back in vanilla. This is to a large extent all that's left of another cut character arc: Rhiza and Dostya had been intended to start a discrete, low-key romantic relationship during the Forged Alliance campaign. The Aeon and Cybran epilogues to Forged Alliance both indicate that these two former mortal enemies both spurn the UEF after the Seraphim war and pursue a closer relationship, and Rhiza and Dostya were supposed to be a microcosm of this evolving relationship: the Cybrans and Aeon have been mortal enemies for centuries, but when they stop shooting at each other they find they work really, really well together and complement each others' strengths wonderfully.

I feel bad for the UEF. I mean they suffered more during the X war than the Cybrans or Aeon in terms of casualties, it seems. With the Seraphim emerging right on their core world and expanding out from there. I can definitely see why Aeron and Cybrans would find it easier to forgive one another when they stopped killing one another, sure, but goodness gracious for both factions to more or less stonewall the UEF... I mean, say what you will about the UEF's practices during the infinity war as a government- there's still millions, even maybe billions of people there who were just civilians. That so many should suffer merely because the biggest representative the coalition has aside from the commander is an rear end in a top hat like Fletcher is quite sad. And at the same time, entirely human and realistic; it's normal, I think, for people to judge people by their most visible representation even if that representation isn't a good example of most of the people represented.

What I'm saying is, I'm a bit upset that GPG killed off Clarke.

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
alright, managed to get a decent audio setup i'll keep doing tweaking but SC2 hardly deserves the headaches it might induce

when you finally run out of anime drop a line in the #letsplay channel in synIRC

Shoeless posted:

What I'm saying is, I'm a bit upset that GPG killed off Clarke.

wasn't a specific reason behind this? hearing that Clarke's mission was cut and sent to the intro for budget reasons, along with -according to Cy's posts- half the campaign ideas being scrapped, makes me think that THQ was pulling some behind the scenes financial chicanery, i mean the couldn't reprise most of the VA's for anything more than single missions.

• Locked thread