Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Ulysses

i always get stuck reading about the dozens of references contained in each sentence

:(

A Jewish man wanders around Dublin, killing time and distracting himself from the fact that his wife is having sex with her concert promoter that day. Along the way, he runs into Stephen Dedalus who is really a young James Joyce. Each chapter resembles an incident in "The Odyssey".

E: Proteus and The Wandering Rocks are only tangentially related to the voyages of Odysseus proper, but you get the idea.

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Would you kindly read this?

I am here to ask you a question:

Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?

No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.

No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.

No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different.

I chose the impossible.

I chose... Rapture.

A city where the artist would not fear the censor.

Where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality.

Where the great would not be constrained by the small.

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

---Andrew Ryan

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Thunder Moose posted:

The irony is, of course: that Rand spent the last 8 years of her life taking social security benefits despite having an estate valued at $500,000 which is over $1,000,000 by today's standards.

Parasitic greed indeed.

Ayn Rand thought that smoking represented mankind harnessing the power of fire, and that not smoking was immoral. She got lung cancer because she smoked three packs of cigarettes a day.

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp
atlas jacked off

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Atlas stroked

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Atlas Duggared.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
rand literally said that a broad could never be rpesident because that is the highest office any human can achieve. if a chick doesnt have a man to look up to who can dominate her shell get all hot and flustered and be too sexulaly unsatifisied to be president.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

rand literally said that a broad could never be rpesident because that is the highest office any human can achieve. if a chick doesnt have a man to look up to who can dominate her shell get all hot and flustered and be too sexulaly unsatifisied to be president.

Unless you're a woman I don't think you're qualified to contradict her.
That's the feminist perspective anyway.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Beef Turret posted:

Don't click that boring poo poo. Read this cool comic instead http://activatecomix.com/162.comic

this was good thanks buddy

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
a bunch of rich guys hide in a mountain and say, "im gay"

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Applewhite posted:

The biography comic is v. good.
Just think, if only Ayn's mother hadn't given away her toy chicken all those years ago, she might have grown up to be a nicer person.

:bernget:
:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Didn't that Ayn Rand kickstarter fail horribly and they went off on a rant about how people are loving idiots or whatever when the free market actually spoke and told them they weren't interested?

• Locked thread