Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
every phone was a samsung. in case you guys were wondering. Also Jimmy Fallon was in it.

Modest Mao posted:

I think the thing I hate most about this movie is that every single carnivorous dinosaur is basically a video game enemy and will seek humans across the island, follow humans endlessly, put themselves into mortal danger to hurt humans, and not run away when injured or whatever

yeah, like when the Pterosaurs were released - they instantly bee-lined it for human flesh miles across the island like murder machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Same thing happened at my theater. It's like, no one cares, idiots, shut up!

Yah, gently caress people that like things!

:q:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Modest Mao posted:

also, a car that's been sitting around forever being able to run by putting in some expired fuel and a battery off the shelf, ok

why was he just tightening screws on the radiator also lol gotta do something under the hood granddad taught me that

I thought the teenage hero/idiot ultimately took the battery and gasoline from the very recently wrecked car outside the old Jurassic Park building, and used those to start the old Jeep.

Yeah, that was a dumb scene, but whatever. I can forgive a whole lot of bullshit and product placement, but I'd be pissed if I paid for an IMAX ticket and they didn't go tear-assing around the old Jurassic loving Park in an original JP Jeep.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Young Freud posted:

I don't know why the Jurassic movies can get away with humans being chewed up or dismembered by dinosaurs, but we don't see dinosaurs getting torn apart by heavy machine guns or autocannons. Goddamnit, I want to see dinosaurs getting mowed down by guns.

The biggest cheat of all is that in the loving original book Muldoon is literally running around the park with a rocket launcher blowing raptors to bits. He also kills the Baby Rex I think. Granted, his death in JP gave us one of the best dying lines in history, but we could have had dinosaurs getting blown up by rockets.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

JetsGuy posted:

The biggest cheat of all is that in the loving original book Muldoon is literally running around the park with a rocket launcher blowing raptors to bits. He also kills the Baby Rex I think. Granted, his death in JP gave us one of the best dying lines in history, but we could have had dinosaurs getting blown up by rockets.

They did blow one raptor up with a rocket in JW but then all four raptors showed up later in the movie which was confusing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

It wasn't just Muldoon. The lawyer is running around helping him, firing off rocket launchers as well.

Then the Costa Rican army (!?) kills the T-Rex with an Apache. There's so much great stuff that should have been in there.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Modest Mao is highlighting some very funny incidences in the movie that sound like lazy writing. Are they all true? Please post more stupid poo poo.

Any practical effects dinosaurs, or all cgi?

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.

Toadvine posted:

Modest Mao is highlighting some very funny incidences in the movie that sound like lazy writing. Are they all true? Please post more stupid poo poo.

Any practical effects dinosaurs, or all cgi?
There's like once, where Ginger and Tight Jeans are in a field where the super rex has hosed up a brontosaurus, and he cradles its head and soothes it while it dies. It was the best looking dino in the movie, imo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lmao they put Jimmy Fallin in a movie and a billion people watched it.

:owned:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

dog buttz posted:

They did blow one raptor up with a rocket in JW but then all four raptors showed up later in the movie which was confusing.

it was definitely confusing, it wasn't all four, i am sorry you were confused by a literal childrens movie

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

dog buttz posted:

The 4th raptor was the I Rex there were 4 normal then one belw up so now theres three normal and I Rex and I Rex killed two so then there were the two raptors (the raptor and the I Rex) and the two rexes (the Rex and the I Rex) and also Lizard Jaws

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

odds are one of them laughed congrats jimbo it finally happened

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

maybe they hoped he would get eaten by Trex while sitting on toilet?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Young Freud posted:

It wasn't just Muldoon. The lawyer is running around helping him, firing off rocket launchers as well.

Then the Costa Rican army (!?) kills the T-Rex with an Apache. There's so much great stuff that should have been in there.

costa rica has no army

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Cry Havoc posted:

costa rica has no army

:thejoke:

I'm pretty sure that Michael Crichton thought every country has to have a standing military, so Costa Rica should have one as well.

Nevermind that it specifically doesn't have one in it's constitution because of the tendency for said standing army to overthrow the civilian government.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
My favorite part of the movie was: "Want to see something really cool?" *cut to the new 2016 Mercedes Benz, available at a dealer near you*

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CRINDY posted:

My favorite part of the movie was: "Want to see something really cool?" *cut to the new 2016 Mercedes Benz, available at a dealer near you*

Want to drink a margarita at margaritaville and use my samsung galaxy note at the samsung center then drive my mercedes benz to starbucks

Also i think there was a t-rex for a few seconds there at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Want to drink a margarita at margaritaville and use my samsung galaxy note at the samsung center then drive my mercedes benz to starbucks

Also i think there was a t-rex for a few seconds there at the end

the best in-movie placement ad was for dream redhead wife.

• Locked thread