Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatis
Jun 6, 2012
theres this good movie called "idiocracy" you probably havent heard of it

its really good and it describes this EXACT situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
He was an honorary professor. That means he basically wasn't working there any more and was just getting a small salary so the university could keep another "sir" on the rolls and maybe have him teach a grad level course on a pet topic once every five years.

When your job is to be a figure head it's best to not make off the cuff potentially offensive remarks.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

So I'm gathering that gender studies students are required to dye their hair red?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Smart people don't stand up in public and commit career suicide. HTH.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

smart people exercise nosehair control

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Smart people don't stand up in public and commit career suicide. HTH.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

smart people exercise nosehair control

academically smart people don't care about either of those things and laugh about the anger of the unwashed masses

academically smart people should run more universities instead of mbas and wannabe mbas

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Max Hammer posted:

So I'm gathering that gender studies students are required to dye their hair red?

Or blue or green.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think that's a stereotype believed by dumb people. (re the post above the post above)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

blowfish posted:

academically smart people don't care about either of those things and laugh about the anger of the unwashed masses

academically smart people should run more universities instead of mbas and wannabe mbas

You're right these huge institutions filled with a broad spectrum of people should be run by idiot savants.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

You're right these huge institutions filled with a broad spectrum of people should be run by idiot savants.

i agree, scientists produce the most useful work when left alone

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think this guy is hilarious.

When told his remarks were offensive to women he should have said "oh I guess women cry at criticism outside of labs too", then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Oppenheimer.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
cant say it isnt true (opposite genders working together tend to BONE) but what are you gonna do? lol. work over it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't see something like this as warranting termination (though it does warrant action), except he was an honorary professor so he was probably doing .00003% of a thing anyway.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

spud posted:

I think this guy is hilarious.

When told his remarks were offensive to women he should have said "oh I guess women cry at criticism outside of labs too", then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

or died.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

cant say it isnt true (opposite genders working together tend to BONE) but what are you gonna do?

for the time being what we do is work through social media to render unemployable all ppl who express these offensive ideas. soon enough we'll be able to root out impure thoughts through brain scans and other biophysical measurements, at which point we can actively begin to remove the cancer of bigotry from the face of the earth. the glorious future of a world citizenry unified in thought and action will put even ants and mole rats to shame.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

kindermord posted:

for the time being what we do is work through social media to render unemployable all ppl who express these offensive ideas. soon enough we'll be able to root out impure thoughts through brain scans and other biophysical measurements, at which point we can actively begin to remove the cancer of bigotry from the face of the earth. the glorious future of a world citizenry unified in thought and action will put even ants and mole rats to shame.
But what happens if you get a minority report?

That precog chick with the shaved head was hot as balls

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

kindermord posted:

but i don't wanna be borg.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

homercles posted:

But what happens if you get a minority report?

That precog chick with the shaved head was hot as balls

i haven't seen that movie so i am unable atm to incorporate its plot into my vision of future eusocial harmony

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

gently caress the Republic. posted:

but i don't wanna be borg.

i haven't really seen that either :ohdear:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

cant say it isnt true (opposite genders working together tend to BONE) but what are you gonna do? lol. work over it

same genders also bone

everyone has to work by themselves in a crate

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

kindermord posted:

i haven't really seen that either :ohdear:

She worked in an Astronomics Lab. You can see why things would be very problematic.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

2005 Re: re: Re: re: re: re: you won't believe what they're doing now
2015 http://simitator.com/generator/facebook/chat

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Pick posted:

same genders also bone

everyone has to work by themselves in a crate

as long as it's a skinner box that discourages the sexual impulse and the archaic tendency to form pair bonds this will be just fine

She worked in an Astronomics Lab. You can see why things would be very problematic.

*shocks you*

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

drat check out the mondo tits on that slut

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

drat check out the mondo tits on that scientist.

Anyway, this isn't the first time a Nobel prize winner has demonstrated some really terrible opinions.

Look at Crick and his bullshit on race.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

idk why we should expect the guys who are good at science to also be super enlightened about girls or personal grooming, that seems like an unfair standard

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Anyway, this isn't the first time a Nobel prize winner has demonstrated some really terrible opinions.

Look at Crick and his bullshit on race.

You are thinking of Watson, not Crick.

As far as I know, Crick was well regarded.

Watson has a long history of being a dick to pretty much everyone.

In The Double Helix he shamelessly admits being willing to pimp out his sister to another scientist (marriage iirc) for the networking benefit.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
why do men seem to have forgotten that you keep the women out because as soon as you let them in they start opening their goddamn mouth and everything goes to hell

i mean the garden shed exists solely as a place for men to go do stuff without women giving them poo poo, this is our cultural inheritance here

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Sheep-Goats posted:

You're not a real scientist until you cum in your Asian grad student / intern while her glasses scrape against the inert black countertop with your thrusts.

This really turned me on

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

lol. I had to try to remember if her bewbs were that big in the show, cause they are actually really huge.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you have to take boner killing meds if you are a man at a work

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Frankly women are always crying. They do everything through a veil of blubbering tears.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nostrils Spiders has resigned.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jun/11/nobel-laureate-sir-tim-hunt-resigns-trouble-with-girls-comments

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
ill tell you WHAT they wouldnt give you a nobel PRIZE for reading the THREAD

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

vug posted:

ill tell you WHAT they wouldnt give you a nobel PRIZE for reading the THREAD

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Beef Turret posted:

2005 Re: re: Re: re: re: re: you won't believe what they're doing now
2015 http://simitator.com/generator/facebook/chat

Summers thing was independently verified by journalists and when Michelle Obama went there, told them off.

• Locked thread