Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

reminder there was that idiot fat goon who posted a picture of himself "looking cool" even though he visibly looks like 50 lbs overweight and is wearing a fedora and a shirt with adventure time on it. He then submitted dozens of DCMA requests, hilariously.

edit: rcman40 or something? I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I can't recall if anyone actually went and took pictures of his house; I think people just posted aerial views and google street views of it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fabricated posted:

I can't recall if anyone actually went and took pictures of his house; I think people just posted aerial views and google street views of it

well in any case we should all be real mad about it and not talk about it in threads because bonvivant is mad about it

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

quote:

Failed ANOTHER inspection - Different fire marshal - SAME wiring. Call me paranoid but I can't imagine that two completely different fire marshals, from competely different government bodies (the city and the state police), would just randomly come to the same conclusion about such a clever wiring setup. I pointed out that Id already purchased and installed over 180 outlets over the course of the project, so I probably knew what I was doing by now. And anyway, I could have every outlet-capable thing I own plugged in, on, and running, and it wouldn't even take up a quarter of them. Meanwhile, the Ol Wifenheimer, fuzzed out of her mind on black bombers and kratom, skittered by like a trembling woodcutter ant with several dozen sheets of plywood hoisted above her quietly jabbering head. I told the Marshal how much I wanted them but he shook his head sadly and said, "Grover, you need to choose a few outlets, and you need to take the rest away. You can't have them all, it's dangerous, you could burn your house down and you don't want to die in a terrible fire? Do you? That's why we need you to take the wires out, Grover, so you don't hurt yourself and your family." I swore up and down that I'd do the work, and not just try to fool him with a new fake-wiring setup like I did the other guy, but now that he's walked out the door - I kind of feel like just leaving it, and then start dodging inspections until after I get licensed up myself

Part of the grover fan-fiction mythos. Though probably closer to truth then fiction in reality.

Sometimes when I feel down, I read through the old gassed LF grover thread, and gently caress if I don't end up with at least a poo poo eating grin.

...as I was typing this a lumbering piece of our bloated military budget flew very low over my house, a good omen in a grover thread. Also my house still stands.

• Locked thread