Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
A handy little scale of potential methods, ranked by time it takes to die and how much pain they cause:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thanks for this,

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Astrofig posted:

A handy little scale of potential methods, ranked by time it takes to die and how much pain they cause:

how does carbon monoxide cause agony (to the suicide)? you just go to sleep and never wake up

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Astrofig posted:

I feel this chart is missing the most important stat: Awesomeness of Death

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Man this thread is totally dead. Where'd everyone else go :saddowns: ?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

how does carbon monoxide cause agony (to the suicide)? you just go to sleep and never wake up

Mix a bit of nitrous oxide in there and you start getting negative agony.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I've heard it's actually quite painful; your lungs start burning as the oxygen is replaced.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
just like I am with everything else in my life I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself so I just drink myself into oblivion everyday with the hopes that will do the job. so far it's taking to loving long oh well.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astrofig posted:

haha cool

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Astrofig posted:

What is time in relation to? Seconds? Minutes?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Astrofig posted:

I've heard it's actually quite painful; your lungs start burning as the oxygen is replaced.

well if you're breathing nothing but carbon monoxide, I'd imagine

but I think there is a good reason it's called the silent killer and it's because you don't notice until it's too late

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Young Freud posted:

What is time in relation to? Seconds? Minutes?

I think minutes but not sure.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Astrofig posted:

I think minutes but not sure.

I've heard that non-measured drop hanging takes a while for it's victim to fully succumb, anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, so I would be thinking that it's probably an average in minutes. For example, people have shot themselves in the head with shotguns and still survived (but horribly disfigured) or blew their faces off but didn't destroy their brain immediately so it's not instantaneous as one would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Young Freud posted:

I've heard that non-measured drop hanging takes a while for it's victim to fully succumb, anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, so I would be thinking that it's probably an average in minutes. For example, people have shot themselves in the head with shotguns and still survived (but horribly disfigured) or blew their faces off but didn't destroy their brain immediately so it's not instantaneous as one would think.

• Locked thread