Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Triskelli posted:

Just finished up the LP, and have to say the output has been fantastic so far. Considering picking up the mod, but I'm curious about the Columbian Confederacy. What sort of events do they have? Not going to deny their position as bastards, but just like everyone else I have to try and start in my hometown first. Speaking of, it looks like that province starts with an isolated branch of Evangelicalism, on the East Coast near the Savannah River. Is that Charismatic? The text is too small to read. Still, the Charismatic Duke of the Royal Port Sound and Commander of the Paris Mariners seems like a fun start.

They have the Southern Knight event, but that's about it. It plays like an Orthodox Holy Roman Empire (with a Varangian Guard equivalent called the Knights of the Golden Circle, loved that), which is good fun for CK2, but lacking in fresh mechanics, if's that's what you want. If you see an Evangelical heresy in the area, yeah, they're probably Charismatics. I think they've got a couple of events, but no unique mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Are there any plans to flesh out the Confederates? Considering the goodies other regions receive and the crazy religions that are available it seems odd that the most powerful realm is also one of the most boring...

Actually found something interesting while snooping around in the mod files. My home county (Beaufort, for the curious) is Gullah, and by the looks of it the only Gullah province on the map. If there's a Confederate run in this LP, consider this a nomination to retry the Sea Island Experiment 800 years down the line.

e: Scratch that, one of 2 or 3.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 13, 2015

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Reading this LP got me back into After the End, but I have the same problem as ever with CK2, I have so many ideas about who I want to play that I can never stick with anyone.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The Pirate Principality of Arctica can be good fun, though the inane 'Durr you arent coastal have huge penalties' thing doesnt lend it too much staying power.

The horse nomads are also good, especially the start where you struggle but they're best thought of as stepping stones to something else because the game gets a bit dull an OP once they get too big. One of those did show me though that Revelationism is the least loved of the pagan faiths in the mod, dreadfully garbage.

Cetic Emperor is always fun, reuniting the Empire through seniority succession and enforcing dynastic claims is solid fun. I like the constraints.

The Airmen are a good challenge; The Empire of Airmen was one of my better times because its nice to be surrounded by enemies. Sadly Rushmore is gimped by the changes in how you take over nomad lands but you can still kinda make it work if you hit Lakota while theyre having their poo poo kicked in.

And Rust Cultists are probs the guys with the second most love after Americanists and its pretty easy to get them going: Detroit is a super fun run and you can the go towards the south or target the weaker Canadians and use them to build your strength (and subjugate New England in the way, heh) and reformation is a breeze.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Uh actually the correct way to play After the End is to choose whoever rules your birthplace/current place of residence and then play as them.

If you don't live in North America then you're out of luck I'm afraid.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

vyelkin posted:

Uh actually the correct way to play After the End is to choose whoever rules your birthplace/current place of residence and then play as them.

Still half hoping for an invasion of Palinites from the north.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Dareon posted:

Still half hoping for an invasion of Palinites from the north.

I spent a good minute trying to think of which like Canadian First Nations tribe this was and eventually googled it to find my idiocy laid bare :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I wish Greenland was on the map

Poor Greenland, neither Europe nor America enough

Though if I was wishing for things I'd honestly also really want the map to extend all the way to Hudson Bay but then we're uhhh, getting to pretty cray levels of Northern stuff

• Locked thread