Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BloodBag posted:

Indeed.com seems to be where a lot of people have success. Finding IT work while having to compete with half of India is pretty tough these days. I ended up having to change careers entirely after getting laid off from my programming job in 2010.

Eh I'm a part of Indeed but after a few months and countless apps it's just really a ghost town for me. I did ask my a programmer friend on his thoughts wrt to outsourcing but they mentioned there's quite a few downsides like additional headaches when the team is in different time zones and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx
Stack Overflow careers worked really well for me

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Series DD Funding posted:

Stack Overflow careers worked really well for me

Thanks, I checked it for NYC but since I started learning how to code 3 weeks ago I'm not sure if it's the best route for me atm.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

BloodBag posted:

Indeed.com seems to be where a lot of people have success. Finding IT work while having to compete with half of India is pretty tough these days. I ended up having to change careers entirely after getting laid off from my programming job in 2010.
Really? Consensus I've seen is that the dev job market is booming. 2010 was pretty bad, but you could probably get back in now if you're good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm tired and tired and tired.

• Locked thread