Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will the Warriors come out and play?
This poll is closed.
WARRIORS!!!!!!!! 27 23.28%
No they're dead 17 14.66%
Because Matthew Dellavedova killed them 20 17.24%
Steph Curry looks alive so they should be alright 17 14.66%
This game is gonna own 35 30.17%
Total: 64 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

E2M2 posted:

Pretty sure it was like Fox News finance and they were trying to bait NBA players into saying that they love money

Yup, and I remember the hosts getting frustrated because Iguodala was way more intelligent than they were expecting.

LeBron looked gassed tonight. Is he actually human after all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spite posted:

Yup, and I remember the hosts getting frustrated because Iguodala was way more intelligent than they were expecting.

he was setting his team up great but they shot 4-27 from three. He was 1-4 from three.

he was also bleeding a lot, headband's coming back

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spite posted:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4347317/andre-iguodala-russell-westbrook-talk-taxes-politics/#sp=show-clips

The host is one of the schmarmiest fucksticks imaginable.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

EvanTH posted:

he was setting his team up great but they shot 4-27 from three. He was 1-4 from three.

he was also bleeding a lot, headband's coming back

They swarmed him more this game and were able to recover. GSW ran more which I think clearly tired Cleveland out.

Do they have to run LeBron through the concussion protocol? Blatt is currently trying to avoid using the word concussion.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Classic Mark Jackson

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spite posted:

They swarmed him more this game and were able to recover. GSW ran more which I think clearly tired Cleveland out.

Do they have to run LeBron through the concussion protocol? Blatt is currently trying to avoid using the word concussion.

well 1-4, 25% with the last one being a sort of rushed "we're way behind" prayer shot isn't that bad and I guess I didn't think he seemed dazed at all from that hit. it looked like it hurt a lot immediately, ripped some skin off.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
"every playoff game is like a precious moment"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lessail posted:

"every playoff game is like a precious moment"

time.....to die....

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

inx posted:

surprisingly articulate, isn't he?

Don't be a poo poo. Most coach/player interviews are awful. Iggy's was not.

EDIT:

Seeing Westbrook, Iggy, and Josh Smith have to put up with trying to be trapped by loving Varney and not letting him do it is the best thing.

Also, to the surprise of no one, Stuart Varney is also really loving disingenuous/outright lying about how Capital Gains taxes work.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 12, 2015

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

Seeing Westbrook, Iggy, and Josh Smith have to put up with trying to be trapped by loving Varney and not letting him do it is the best thing.

Also, to the surprise of no one, Stuart Varney is also really loving disingenuous/outright lying about how Capital Gains taxes work.
Stuart Varney is the same guy who once said that poor people are only poor because they "lack a richness of spirit".

I hate to say this, but as someone who once went broke "richness of spirit" doesn't pay thousands of dollars of brain-related medical bills :eng101:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Don't forget that they're not REALLY poor, because 99.6% of them own a refrigerator. If they were TRULY poor, they'd have botulism :bahgawd:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm glad they found LeBron a hat

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I just heard LeBron say "well, I hit my head on a camera and I have a headache right now but I don't need to take a concussion test or anything"

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spite posted:

I just heard LeBron say "well, I hit my head on a camera and I have a headache right now but I don't need to take a concussion test or anything"

He probably doesn't have a concussion. The camera gives because it's attached to a fall-able dude and his skin absorbed some force by tearing.

I feel like you want him to have a concussion.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I imagine his head is aching because it was literally split open and needed stitches. I hate how sports cover up concussions as much as the next guy but really it didn't look like a concussion situation and people need to pick their battles. There are far worst cases of this being a problem this playoffs alone if you really care about concussion protocols.

Vire fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 12, 2015

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Basketball is objectively the best sport

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

Don't be a poo poo. Most coach/player interviews are awful. Iggy's was not.

lol calm down Veryslightlymad. also try not to use well-spoken when describing a black person please. it is not a compliment

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Use non-controversial things to describe black people, like not wearing a hoodie or sneaky smart.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

inx posted:

also try not to use well-spoken when describing a black person please. it is not a compliment

lol

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

inx posted:

lol calm down Veryslightlymad. also try not to use well-spoken when describing a black person please. it is not a compliment

It is a compliment though?

It would've been a backhanded compliment if it came along with an insinuation that his speech is impressive because most black people are not/could not be well-spoken, which in his case it really kinda didn't. And most nobody here thinks it did because Iguodala is well-spoken compared to most everybody, not just against pro athletes who spend most of their lives doing athletics, not studying politics and taking public speaking courses.

Also, I think "articulate" is the common dog-whistle, not "well-spoken."

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

EvanTH posted:

It is a compliment though?

It would've been a backhanded compliment if it came along with an insinuation that his speech is impressive because most black people are not/could not be well-spoken, which in his case it really kinda didn't. And most nobody here thinks it did because Iguodala is well-spoken compared to most everybody, not just against pro athletes who spend most of their lives doing athletics, not studying politics and taking public speaking courses.

Also, I think "articulate" is the common dog-whistle, not "well-spoken."

i see op. thanks for this. any more advice for me?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

*mumbles with a bit of a lisp at times, but without an urban patois* drat, how well-spoken!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

inx posted:

i see op. thanks for this. any more advice for me?

sure, how about "don't deliberately mischaracterize what people are saying in order to make an unclear-yet-pissy political point about word choice"

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

EvanTH, you are very condescending. please don't post at me like that again

let me be very clear then: 'well-spoken' IS a 'dog-whistle' as you call it. said word only gets used when talking about a black person not using african-american vernacular. has gently caress all to do with anything else. i can't speak for other black people but i sure as hell get vexed when i see that. but by all means tell me how i should feel about such compliments

liberal gamer fan Veryslightlymad should try not to use that word in the future. i don't know where this mischaracterization business comes from? i didn't call him a racist or bigot??

also iguodala is not all that great of a speaker.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

inx posted:

i can't speak for other black people but i sure as hell get vexed when i see that. but by all means tell me how i should feel about such compliments

Yeah, it doesn't bother me if used in the correct context

inx posted:

also iguodala is not all that great of a speaker.

He is very thoughtful and intelligent, pretty articulate, if you will.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Close this thread and start over again with Game 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Yeesh

Nobody gives a poo poo how well Andre Iguodala speaks or does not speak

• Locked thread