Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Games Workshop charges too much money for tiny unpainted toys that you have to assemble yourself.'

I wish hasbro would just buy them out already!

its bullshit yeah. affordable warhammers is why i demand communism now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Games Workshop charges too much money for tiny unpainted toys that you have to assemble yourself.'

I wish hasbro would just buy them out already!

the perils of capitalism

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

its bullshit yeah. affordable warhammers is why i demand communism now

Affordable Warhammer means that large company buys small lovely company.

large Company then mass produces product from now defunct small lovely company and makes it more accessible and better. Profits then are raised next quarter and shareholders get dividends

See Disney buying Marvel and Lucasfilm.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Affordable Warhammer means that large company buys small lovely company.

large Company then mass produces product from now defunct small lovely company and makes it more accessible and better. Profits then are raised next quarter and shareholders get dividends

See Disney buying Marvel and Lucasfilm.

its called economies of scale and marx was one of the first people to observe it. ownned bitch

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

its called economies of scale and marx was one of the first people to observe it. ownned bitch

How can it be an economy of scale? Warhammer guys aren't even 1/60, I'm not paying for this BULLSHIT!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

How can it be an economy of scale? Warhammer guys aren't even 1/60, I'm not paying for this BULLSHIT!

when the workers own the means of production a warhammer army wont cost you an arm and eye and the warhamms will be as big as you can dream. join the revolution, comrade

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
wouldn't a warhams commie just buy chinese knockoffs? china=commie

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

babypolis posted:

when the workers own the means of production a warhammer army wont cost you an arm and eye and the warhamms will be as big as you can dream. join the revolution, comrade

uh there are already a ton of worker owned companies that churn out toys. They all do 3rd party poo poo and it's usually way more expensive than anything else.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

uh there are already a ton of worker owned companies that churn out toys. They all do 3rd party poo poo and it's usually way more expensive than anything else.

arent all the alternatives to warhammer cheaper? im pretty sure those are smaller companies than games workshop

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

we must seize the means of warhammer toy production

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the economics of baby toys

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

what's gonna happen when the only thing 3D printers are actually good for is printing plastic army men and those cunts at GW go out of business?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the capitalists will sell us the warhammer toys with which we will own them

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm a culturally texan marxist

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Cultural Bolshevism (German: Kulturbolschewismus) was a term widely used during the Third Reich by critics to denounce modernism in the arts, particularly when seeking to discredit more nihilistic forms of expression. This became an issue during the 1920s in Weimar Germany. German artists such as Max Ernst and Max Beckmann, were denounced by the Nazis as "cultural Bolsheviks".

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Culturally marxist, fiscally conservative

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also remember that time that DND wanted to keep all the doctors and smart people prisoner because if they left the country for another country that paid them better that could upset their communist utopia that was supposed to be "freer" than America.

Free countries usually don't have secret tattle tale police.

comin what is this crap

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

babypolis posted:

wow ... seems pretty obvious to me ... peOple before marx must have been dumb, as poo poo

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

an unexpected turn from the taint reaper

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

katlington posted:

comin what is this crap

the logical consequence of a planned economy. Theres no point in planning if you dont force people to follow the plan.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Full Communism now! Ok, three quarters full Communism now... half full Communism now...

...man, this thing gets lousy mileage.
---
Just a little Communist humor for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Oh wow, my thread got taint reaped. My first time!

Wasn't so bad.

• Locked thread