Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I've been looking for an overarching thread on this and I didn't see anything that seemed to cover it or otherwise be devoted to it, either here OR in SA Mart.

Right now, I work for a small business in northwest Arkansas, near Wal-Mart home office. We're an IT management firm, and we basically do everything related to keeping offices running smoothly and professionally; we set up networks and servers, maintain hardware within a business environment (including POS systems but not inkjet printers because gently caress those), and do basic technology consultation and have a partner company who does web design and marketing (SEO, PCI compliance for . We run a computer repair shop front as well, but most of our income is from our business clients, one of whom is a plastic moulding company who is pretty much banking our payroll and bills just for all the work we do for them.

I've been with the company for a year and a half, and come from a history of sales and corporate brown nosing and all that poo poo, and my boss asked me to see about setting up a marketing campaign. In the past, his business partner handled all of that, and mostly got us advertised on the back of receipts in a local supermarket chain, got us a commercial spot on the local news station during Dr. Phil. and got us in an advertising booklet that I think died.

I feel I've got a good idea on how to market us, and I've started attending little networking meet ups run by each chamber of commerce (Springdale, Bentonville, Rogers, and Fayetteville) and passed out business cards, talked about our business, and generally made a few tenuous connections.

But I'm looking for ideas; I know we can do more. We want to have 'corporate gifts' with our names on them, like pens, usb sticks, and all of that, but I suck at shopping around, because I don't know the base line for things. A local printing company offers pens as low as $0.29 per pen for an order of 500, but my boss believes we can find them cheaper, and I just can't find it. Vista Print is $0.95 or so for 250, and I don't know of any other good places to shop from.

I'm certainly not looking for a full blown marketing strategy (though we might be open to consultation,) but any ideas and suggestions would be great. I'm not really certain of our budget, because I'm waiting to hear back from him on the actual limitations, but I figured if anyone knew where to get things inexpensively, it'd be the financial subforum. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
PM me if you want to chat. I've done a lot of marketing work in IT management for companies similar to yours all the up to large scale module server farm construction and colocation firms.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
PM sent, thanks!

• Locked thread