Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
rkplace.

Discuss this topic in a single page memo format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

gas this thread

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

basement jihadist posted:

gas this thread

You're not a good communicator. You need to shape up, else next quarter I'm going to fire you.

Don't tell HR I said that.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
eat a rancid poo poo sandwich with mayo and mustard, op

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

quakster posted:

eat a rancid poo poo sandwich with mayo and mustard, op

See me in my office. Don't even dare try talking to the shop steward, the union won't save you now.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
For the first half of FY2015, we have seen a sharp rise in consumables expenditures that far outpaces the typical year-to-year historical trend. The month-by-month expenses have gone from ~$540 a month to an astounding ~$1000 requisition every new calendar cycle! Additional business requirements and business growth cannot account for this rise in consumables usage, and so we must find a solution elsewhere. We must cut down expenditures to the year-end averages, a 50% reduction of the current rate.

We are not utilizing a significant amount of toner, and paper usage is nominally the same as year-end trends. The sharp rise in expenditures is strictly from nondurable office and IT supplies, such as:

• Staplers and staples
• Pens and stationary
• Tape
• Computer accessories: mice, keyboards, monitor, USB and SD card storage devices

The current system of open-door storage of office and IT supplies is suspected to be the main culprit; we must be careful stewards of our supplies else we run up expenses to the point where we need to find cuts elsewhere.

I propose that we commit to a security-based solution. A simple custodial system would be the simplest to implement but the most costly in man-hours and effort. I do not want to saddle any one person with additional responsibilities. We must think high-tech.

A system utilizing our current digital key RFID tags would be best. We currently have excess inventory of RFID readers and common COTS computer hardware to make securing our supplies a cost-effective option. A magnetic dead-bolt system could be procured inexpensively from our partner supplier. We would have to invest an estimated 2 man-hours of labor to install and ready a system of accountability where supplies will be easily logged electronically as they are procured.

At an investment cost of $438.26, we will be able to better monitor and act on consumable consumption; with the data on-hand, we can then make decisions on where to go next concerning the costs of consumables today.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Angry Fish posted:

For the first half of FY2015, we have seen a sharp rise in consumables expenditures that far outpaces the typical year-to-year historical trend. The month-by-month expenses have gone from ~$540 a month to an astounding ~$1000 requisition every new calendar cycle! Additional business requirements and business growth cannot account for this rise in consumables usage, and so we must find a solution elsewhere. We must cut down expenditures to the year-end averages, a 50% reduction of the current rate.

We are not utilizing a significant amount of toner, and paper usage is nominally the same as year-end trends. The sharp rise in expenditures is strictly from nondurable office and IT supplies, such as:

• Staplers and staples
• Pens and stationary
• Tape
• Computer accessories: mice, keyboards, monitor, USB and SD card storage devices

The current system of open-door storage of office and IT supplies is suspected to be the main culprit; we must be careful stewards of our supplies else we run up expenses to the point where we need to find cuts elsewhere.

I propose that we commit to a security-based solution. A simple custodial system would be the simplest to implement but the most costly in man-hours and effort. I do not want to saddle any one person with additional responsibilities. We must think high-tech.

A system utilizing our current digital key RFID tags would be best. We currently have excess inventory of RFID readers and common COTS computer hardware to make securing our supplies a cost-effective option. A magnetic dead-bolt system could be procured inexpensively from our partner supplier. We would have to invest an estimated 2 man-hours of labor to install and ready a system of accountability where supplies will be easily logged electronically as they are procured.

At an investment cost of $438.26, we will be able to better monitor and act on consumable consumption; with the data on-hand, we can then make decisions on where to go next concerning the costs of consumables today.

I agree, boss.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Angry Fish posted:

• Staplers and staples
• Pens and stationary
• Tape

tl;dr yourf ired

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5XT9CifIlY

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
your work phone has nothing but penis pictures on it and none of them yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014