Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

blarzgh posted:

The American South .jpg

The south would be great if it weren't so filled with southerners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I've decide to make an iowa chop one day. Probably season it with a carolina dry rub

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Me too.
Gonna rub some sidewalk salt into a chunk of styrofoam and let it sit on the grill for 2 minutes to get that authentic IOWA CHOP experience.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

i went there the other day and they had something like 90% sours and one stout on tap and the sours were horrendous

the stout was good and it was nice to see something other than IPAs but god drat were those sours bad

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sojenus posted:

i went there the other day and they had something like 90% sours and one stout on tap and the sours were horrendous

the stout was good and it was nice to see something other than IPAs but god drat were those sours bad

you probably had that plum thing they attempt and fail at. theyre fairly new but they have a double ipa called transmigration of souls thats creamy and like10%, it rules

e: nvm i went to their website and ive never tried their sours

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Iowa is more famous for HFCS and Biodiesel and other federally subsidized bullshit they receive because of our retarded primary process.

The South isn't going to compete with Cali, the PNW, or New England on craft beer, but they do have plenty to be happy about in Jester King, Prairie Artesian Ales, Cigar City, and some really nice locals here and there.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Fried okra.

It is really good.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Mr.Bob posted:

Fried okra.

It is really good.

I'm sure Northerners could gently caress it up somehow though, can anyone confirm?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

duodenum posted:

Iowa is more famous for HFCS and Biodiesel and other federally subsidized bullshit they receive because of our retarded primary process.

The South isn't going to compete with Cali, the PNW, or New England on craft beer, but they do have plenty to be happy about in Jester King, Prairie Artesian Ales, Cigar City, and some really nice locals here and there.

well all the hyped places like SF or NYC are really too expensive in terms of basic things like housing costs.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

I'm sure Northerners could gently caress it up somehow though, can anyone confirm?

Yeah, do you even know how hard it is find okra and corneal up north? I has been a while but both were impossible to find in the PNW fifteen years ago.
It would just be a sad mixture of tofu, sesame seeds and white bread.

Edit

In the mid nineties I was the only person in my english class who even knew what okra was, let alone eaten it

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 23, 2015

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
I live in MN and have to buy okra from the Asian or Arab grocery store.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

c0ldfuse posted:

I live in MN and have to buy okra from the Asian or Arab grocery store.

I used to work in a produce department at a grocery store in the Anoka/Andover area and we did try for a bit to sell Okra to meet a request from a few customers. Stuff didn't really sell beyond that. I for one didn't like the feel of raw okra and haven't really tried it myself.

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Bedevere posted:

My house last weekend. This is what happens when you move south.

For the north tards, when you are making burgers on your grill..you aren't barbecuing....you're grilling. Stop loving saying you are "having a barbecue".
You have to make actual barbecue to call it barbecuing.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

c0ldfuse posted:

I live in MN

My sincerest condolences.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

My sincerest condolences.

better than Ohio

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

better than literally Hell :shepface:

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013

duodenum posted:

Weirdly enough Florida just got into IPAs recently so now everywhere I go, there's goose island or some other variant IPA on tap. Strangely it's the only Goose Island beer they seem to get and damnit they make more than just the IPA. I want the 312 and the Pepe Nero again. :(

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

Indubitable Leg posted:

Weirdly enough Florida just got into IPAs recently so now everywhere I go, there's goose island or some other variant IPA on tap. Strangely it's the only Goose Island beer they seem to get and damnit they make more than just the IPA. I want the 312 and the Pepe Nero again. :(

Goose Island is owned by ABInBev whatever the gently caress they are now, same folks that make Budweiser, probably why you keep seeing it.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Which is too bad. A lot of microbrews are genuinely good, but I wish I could get a nice off-label WITHOUT giving money to the big boys like Budweiser. They go through great lengths to make sure we don't know that though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

FrankenVader posted:

For the north tards, when you are making burgers on your grill..you aren't barbecuing....you're grilling. Stop loving saying you are "having a barbecue".

Seriously nothing is worse than going to an event advertised as a bbq only to find the food on hand is crisp burger pucks straight from some retard's propane grill

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

FrankenVader posted:

I'll accept that the proper term for that is a "cookout", but also it's pedantic as poo poo.

Can we compromise and call it a "pathetic yankee barbecue" if one of the grilled items is assorted chicken parts that we then completely drown in BBQ sauce? :v:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Jastiger posted:

Which is too bad. A lot of microbrews are genuinely good, but I wish I could get a nice off-label WITHOUT giving money to the big boys like Budweiser. They go through great lengths to make sure we don't know that though.

the bigger microbreweries like sierra nevada and new belgium open new plants across the country and pretend they're local companies too it's pretty :laffo:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

thathonkey posted:

Seriously nothing is worse than going to an event advertised as a bbq only to find the food on hand is crisp burger pucks straight from some retard's propane grill

:sigh: yeah this is the truth. At least throw some sausages on the grill if you're gonna fire it up. Way harder to screw up and better tasting than a crappy meat patty.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

comes along bort posted:

the bigger microbreweries like sierra nevada and new belgium open new plants across the country and pretend they're local companies too it's pretty :laffo:

That one new Belgium, snapshot, is pretty good

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

comes along bort posted:

New Belgium at least makes decent beer and does a lot of cool stuff like the Tour de Fat.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

comes along bort posted:

they are still considered microbreweries. it's just a for better distribution. fresh and tasty brews to your fridge.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

This craft beer discussion in the american south thread is hilarious. You guys and your fist shaking at those darned hops in those befuddling micro brews! Give me back my poo poo lager you darn kids! Shave your beard!

Change the subject, you're embarrassing yourselves.

edit: wow, I think my beard got the better of me.

duodenum fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 23, 2015

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

duodenum posted:

This craft beer discussion in the american south thread is hilarious. You guys and your fist shaking at those darned hops in those befuddling micro brews! Give me back my poo poo lager you darn kids! Shave your beard!

You need to stand up to her every so often :laffo:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

duodenum posted:

talking about beer in the south thread, since as we all know southerners don't drink beer

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Peanut President posted:

talking about beer in the south thread, since as we all know southerners don't drink beer

Never.

You should post in TFF again man, you were cool there and the Falcons are probably going to stomp us all year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

I haven't watching a down of pro football in like 3 years.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Peanut President posted:

I haven't watching a down of pro football in like 3 years.

Probably for the best

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

FrankenVader posted:

Well you're not invited to my barbecue so there :colbert:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dot Jay peg guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

• Locked thread