Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Would be hell for me allright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Would be hell for me allright.

same here man, im so heterosexual *brofist*

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I would be ok with a few hard cocks sprinkled in my doom hell I guess.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Get rid of the brown, keep the fart mists, add wall-to-wall dicks.

InterFaced posted:

I've been out of the loop for years. I need a doom pro to recommend some bitchin' wads.

Edit: Stronghold is one I remember playing a little while ago and its really fun. It turns doom into a killing floor style co-op stay-alive defense thing. It was pretty cool. I'm going to try it again.

http://stronghold.drdteam.org/
DoomRL Arsenal is a must-play as far as gameplay mods go; the DRPG mod is cool too if you have an Nvidia card in your machine (it's GZDoom only and the designer of that source port quit in a huff because everybody was complaining about ATI/AMD performance), plus you can even combine the two or add in Brutal Doom to the DRPG mod.

Russian Overload is fun for shits and giggles, although you need to run it on maps with crazy amounts of monsters if you want to ever have a challenge playing it.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 17, 2015

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Leroy Dennui posted:

Get rid of the brown, keep the fart mists, add wall-to-wall dicks.

DoomRL Arsenal is a must-play as far as gameplay mods go; the DRPG mod is cool two if you have an Nvidia card in your machine (it's GZDoom only and the designer of that source port quit in a huff because everybody was complaining about ATI/AMD performance), plus you can even combine the too or add in Brutal Doom to the DRPG mod.

Russian Overload is fun for shits and giggles, although you need to run it on maps with crazy amounts of monsters if you want to ever have a challenge playing it.

Just looked up Doom RL arsenal and Its giving me a bit of a doom boner. Thanks! I also found some old favorites like scythe and alien vendetta last night. :hellyeah:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Madcosby posted:

brutal doom looks ok but it still suffers from maze/keys needed gameplay which is so 1991 and just garbage in today's world

Brutal Doom is not a level WAD you baka, it just changes the game into a casual adventure with no difficulty at all. There is a map pack being made that was probably abandoned already that changes the levels so they are not so lovely.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

To be honest I am reminded of what happened before Diablo 3, with how the game's bright colors and tone just spit on the atmosphere of the game. A lot of people defended it and Diablo III turned out to be a lovely Diablo game; sometimes visual gently caress-ups indicate a level of overall "not getting it" in the team. (Seriously Path of Exile looks like what a Diablo III should have, visually)

path of exile looks like my dogs rear end

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Since this thread is full of doom dorks I'm guessing a lot of you have played splash damage team shooters like Wolf:ET, quake wars, or Brink. The newest one is called Dirty Bomb, its free to play and I've been having a lot of fun with it. They're giving away a good character who's special ability is chucking recharging grenades for watching a video right now. http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-the-full-dirty-bomb-e3-trailer-and-get-a-free-mercenary/

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Zzulu posted:

I want hell to be nothing but cocks

Ground made of cocks, canyons made of cock, sky made of cocks

I think you are describing heaven.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Zzulu posted:

was the gameplay video posted?

Whatever here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpejIwm9Sfw

[edit] it was posted. Oh well now you can watch it again~

Thanks man I will

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Ahundredbux posted:

Thanks man I will
Here's the Hell level from the longer version of that posted video.
Be sure to watch in 720/60fps with this version:
https://youtu.be/QiinO9JPUGw?t=15m5s

Also, here's the portion of the first one you saw but also available in 60fps:
https://youtu.be/QiinO9JPUGw?t=2m21s

From the videos, to speed up gameplay it appears every demon or enemy is like a little pinata, spilled out gifts after you break them open.

I'm hoping the enemy attributes are easy to modify: in Doom 3 I had to modify game files to speed up all the enemies attack rates projectiles by three times to make the game challenging (kind of like running the original Doom in -FAST mode).

I don't like the plasma gun sound. Hopefully I can override that with the original Doom's plasma gun sound (which I also did for Doom 3).

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 18, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

music owns

game is gonna blow

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It looks pretty fun, to be honest

Art is uninspired but poo poo, the aesthetic for every FPS (except maybe TF2) for as long as I can remember has been uninspired so

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
It looks fun, but dumb.

Hoping the add more zombies, writhing corpses impaled on spikes, pentagrams, etc. so I can be spooked out.

wormsauce
Oct 30, 2005

I see that big ole dick you got
I hope there are a lot of puzzle, i really like puzzles.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
puzzles made out of corpses and pentagrams

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

all the enemies are so goddamn generic and boring looking. why would demons be beige?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Doom needs a portal gun but all portals go to dick strewn hell

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Frog Act posted:

all the enemies are so goddamn generic and boring looking. why would demons be beige?

Why does that demon have a machinegun arm? I can understand if they were Stroggs and this was Quake, but they aren't. They're just really minor cyberdemons?

Also, does anyone else suspect that Bethesda's using the Creation engine for this? You know, the Elder Scrolls and Fallout engine?

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 19, 2015

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I like the goomba stomp and the chainsaw. That's about it.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Here's another version of the Mars gameplay video, but someone replaced all the sounds with the Doom 1 music and Doom 1/2 weapon, combat and monster sounds. And he also sped up the video to simulate speeding up the gameplay.

The embellishments were _very_ well done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elA4kE_lkiQ

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

InterFaced posted:

Blood Dragon is awesome.

I thought that game still looked like poo poo because while 10% of the screen was neon the rest was still a washed out dull blue or black and everything was hard to see.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

as i was watching that footage i was thinking to myself "they better have the super shotgun and chainsaw"

and i smiled when i saw it

i like the first person finishing moves, everything not being so dark, the time slowdown when you make a weapon selection, and using actual health and armor pickups and not some recharging shield system

looks like fun

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I played some rage again over the last few nights and the haters can go to hell. That is the kind of game I want more of. Its great.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

the little flourishes like inspecting the plasma rifle and seeing all those bits of machinery click in place was oddly satisfying

i hope they do have some wide open areas. claustrophobic space imp broom closets gets kinda boring.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

the difference is the contrast, the stone is grey but the demons and sky are red. compared to the original where everything is poo poo brown. oh and it also actually looks like doom:

This picture makes me sad for the developers. Like they're sitting on franchise gold, but literally have no clue what made their game good besides being one of the first

Does Doobie work at id

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Madcosby posted:

This picture makes me sad for the developers. Like they're sitting on franchise gold, but literally have no clue what made their game good besides being one of the first

Does Doobie work at id

TBH, none of the original team from iD is working on this, even Carmack. In fact, it's wholly a Bethesda production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine

nnnotime posted:

Here's another version of the Mars gameplay video, but someone replaced all the sounds with the Doom 1 music and Doom 1/2 weapon, combat and monster sounds. And he also sped up the video to simulate speeding up the gameplay.

The embellishments were _very_ well done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elA4kE_lkiQ

While this isn't perfect, it sure seems a lot better to me. Hopefully once the game is out, there can be some sort of mod to basically make it into this, or something similar.

• Locked thread