Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
what the gently caress is even real anymore

i'm not a teenager, but i'm certainly not an adult. i personally don't have kids but everyone i know who does tells me that they have no idea what they're doing. everyone younger than me is certain of their career path and everyone older than me has no idea how they got there. i don't hate my life but i'm not loving rich, and i've definitely been poorer than i am now and having more money hasn't really helped. this is loving bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
I just live my life enjoying each day as it comes. Don't overthink things

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Life's tough and then you die. HTH

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sorry about your depression OP. Life is pretty cool. I was hoping this would be some kind of "future journal entry" creative writing thing. I hope you find what you are looking for one day but if you don't, I hear drugs are pretty cool.

edit: Captain's Log: 6/9/2069

I am 15 parsecs out from the pizza planet, I am running low on spaceweed and my sexbot is currently recharging. I may have to do this the old fashioned way.

Incomplete Fish fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 17, 2015

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

The space ship stewards haven't figured out that I ripped off one of the wall panels and am currently getting loving juiced off the warp coil.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
just found out I can program the holodeck with anime, the future rules

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
the enemys gate is down. *falls out of computer chair and starts peeing* theres too much pee in this quadrant. please call my mom

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
well op its your loving life dont blame us that you shitted it up and didnt achieve your dreams you had your chance and you blew it which is kind of selfish really when you consider you had the privilege to be born in one of the richest countries in the world with every opportunity to succeed. do you think little starving kids in africa moan about their lives like you do? no theyre mostly pretty grateful for what theyve got so cheer the gently caress up you ungrateful bastard.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011

Incomplete Fish posted:

Sorry about your depression OP. Life is pretty cool. I was hoping this would be some kind of "future journal entry" creative writing thing. I hope you find what you are looking for one day but if you don't, I hear drugs are pretty cool.

edit: Captain's Log: 6/9/2069

I am 15 parsecs out from the pizza planet, I am running low on spaceweed and my sexbot is currently recharging. I may have to do this the old fashioned way.

Just refuckulate or head to juniper

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Adjust!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2o77i74T48

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
maybe stop being a redshit op

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Captains log, Stardate 49382.5

I sabotaged the transporter mechanism again, forcing O'Brien to enter the Jeffries Tube in an attempt to fix the problem. This time I will have it welded shut.

End of log"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

devin2 posted:

what the gently caress is even real anymore

i'm not a teenager, but i'm certainly not an adult. i personally don't have kids but everyone i know who does tells me that they have no idea what they're doing. everyone younger than me is certain of their career path and everyone older than me has no idea how they got there. i don't hate my life but i'm not loving rich, and i've definitely been poorer than i am now and having more money hasn't really helped. this is loving bullshit

yeah that's about the age when the existential crisis hits

either figure out what makes you happy or default to drinking/smoking every night like most of the population.

material wealth and consumerism are empty as gently caress. it sucks to be poor but once your basic requirements aren't something you are worried about don't fall into the trap of spending all your money on useless transitory bullshit.

realtalk though: all the people younger than you don't know wtf they're talking about 99% of the time, and also don't have kids until you're at least 30.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

spud posted:

I sabotaged the transporter mechanism again, forcing O'Brien to enter the Jeffries Tube in an attempt to fix the problem. This time I will have it welded shut.

End of log"

i lol'd

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

spud posted:

End of log"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Something they don't talk about much, but every so often a group of high ranking officers will pull Starfleet Academy students into a holodeck to observe the recordings of some Irish grunt named "O'Brien". Without his knowledge, a day of his private and professional life was secretly documented and the cadets watch him go throughout his day. They see him get up in the morning and lay in bed, wide awake, for 20 minutes before getting up and taking a vibe shower for release and bathing before going about the horrible trudging day of his life. They watch as he excuses himself to the restroom several times a day, an activity unbecoming of officers, for certain. He sits in the stall for a few minutes, making ineffectual whining noises sometimes, other times simply crying for seemingly no reason.

They watch him get off duty, hide in a small corner of a storage bay, where he has hidden a small pillow and blanket inside a tight shipping container and proceeds to cry himself to a restless sleep that only lasts about 30-40 minutes, waking up more tired than when he went in.

The instructor says that Starfleet Psycho-Telepathic researchers have stated this is 'pleasure' for him, to pretend he is dead and in a coffin about to be shot out an airlock into cold empty nameless forgotten void of space. His dreams, however, are of constant visions of the choices not made and the roads in life not taken.

He eventually goes home to his wife, knowing that it was a mistake. Marrying her seemed like such a good idea, but now, he's not so sure. At one time she admired him for being a Starfleet crewman, then she realized how little he was in the organization and the glamor and romance quickly vanished from their relationship. A divorce might have been possible, a chance for them to have their own careers and live separate lives, but he wasn't an officer and such things were not so accepted in the lower ranks.

At night, he abuses his body with alcohol and drugs, howling and crying himself to a near stupor. Eventually, his wife, sick of the smell of poo poo, gives him shot of some stimulant to detoxify his body just enough to peel his clothes off his body, throw them in the recycler, scrap himself fresh in the vibroshower'. Though exhausted, it will still take him another 2 hours before he can fall asleep, again.

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:eyepop: It's beautiful.

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

Moridin920 posted:

yeah that's about the age when the existential crisis hits

either figure out what makes you happy or default to drinking/smoking every night like most of the population.

material wealth and consumerism are empty as gently caress. it sucks to be poor but once your basic requirements aren't something you are worried about don't fall into the trap of spending all your money on useless transitory bullshit.

realtalk though: all the people younger than you don't know wtf they're talking about 99% of the time, and also don't have kids until you're at least 30.

solid advice op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When i die im going to be buried with all my riches and servants like the pharaos of old

• Locked thread