Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBrpl3Cb7IY

There wasn't a thread so here is one.

I can't wait.

I am really glad to see they know how bad the combat was in the first one. And don't say you liked it, it just makes you look sad. The combat was terrible and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Half the reason I supported the last game was Obsidian's involvement, so I'm a bit unsure about this one.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

lol at the title of this game

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

evilmiera posted:

Half the reason I supported the last game was Obsidian's involvement, so I'm a bit unsure about this one.

Even if the game play sucks it will be worth if to just get a15 hours of new interactive South Park. I'm sure Matt and Trey will make sure the game play is at least at the acceptable level.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BexGu posted:

Even if the game play sucks it will be worth if to just get a15 hours of new interactive South Park. I'm sure Matt and Trey will make sure the game play is at least at the acceptable level.

This is true, but they are also aware of how bad the combat was the first time so it will be improved and hopefully fun this time.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I didn't hate the combat. Although that Al Gore fight was absurd.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I giggled at the game title because I am a loving manchild.

Strange times where Obsidian are the ones making the first game and now some other dudes are making the second one.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Geight posted:

Strange times where Obsidian are the ones making the first game and now some other dudes are making the second one.

Hey man as long as the publisher does not go bankrupt 3/4 the way through again things are looking pretty good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BexGu posted:

Hey man as long as the publisher does not go bankrupt 3/4 the way through again things are looking pretty good.

And the fact that Matt & Trey have a games worth of experience under their belt.

Also, superheros >>> middle earth BS.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Geight posted:

This general sentiment is a reasonable enough explanation for why Stick of Truth was one of my most favorite games for last year. It wasn't the gameplay entirely that secured that opinion. I'm not all that worried because the developer is changing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The first game was a pretty fun take on the Paper Mario formula but really it was just a solid combat system propped up by the game's writing and humor. If they're taking that as a baseline, still having the SP guys write the game, and improving the mechanics, it should be really good.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Kelp Plankton posted:

The first game was a pretty fun take on the Paper Mario formula but really it was just a solid combat system propped up by the game's writing and humor. If they're taking that as a baseline, still having the SP guys write the game, and improving the mechanics, it should be really good.

Yeah. The combat mechanics in the game do not worry me. I played the first because the writing and humor worked very well and it made for an enjoyable South Park game. They could actually just reskin the entire first game and slap a new story/voice acting in there with minimal changes to the game and I think it would be a great sequel already.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't get the main title can someone explain it to me, I feel like i'm missing something super obvious.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Abu Dave posted:

I don't get the main title can someone explain it to me, I feel like i'm missing something super obvious.

It's fractured. But it's whole at the same time. It's ironic.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Abu Dave posted:

play dark souls 2, you'll figure it out.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
the fractured butthole... ?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

no I don't think that's it...

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Geight posted:

It takes a really good pun to get an actual laugh out of me these days, but drat that one did it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm excited to see what they do with a suite of super powers. I really liked little things like how the classes were drawn in Stick of Truth. Subtle yet hilarious.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the fractured but whole is a reference to what DLC prices do to people.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
People still watch south park?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

heh, i dont even own a tv

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

evilmiera posted:

the only thing obsidian is good at is words and since matt and trey wrote the first one the only thing obsidian brought to the table is their mediocre game development

the only way forward is up

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lord Lambeth posted:

I didn't hate the combat. Although that Al Gore fight was absurd.

I don't know how people had problems with the AL Gore fight. Poison and bleed stacked so I beat that fight in one turn. Didn't even realize it was supposed to be hard until people bitched about it.

Also, it just dawned on me how absurd that a mainstream AAA video game had an Al Gore boss fight.

Fractured but Whole is gonna be a day one purchase.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I don't think Coon and Friends are as endearing as Wizards and Elves, I'm sorry.

Even though they have a Coon Mobile...

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Stick of Truth owned. Only problem was that the combat was poorly balanced, hope they improve the gameplay. (Maybe we'll get an Action RPG this time?)

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Poison and bleed stacked so I beat that fight in one turn.

Jew was definitely an overpowered class. Whatever least-politically-class available in the next game there is, that's going to be the one to run.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
My only issue with The Stick of Truth was that it felt like the game just kind of ended after the Kenny bossfight, but other than that it was one of the most refreshing games I've played in years. It was a lot funnier than the last few seasons of the show, so I'm kind of excited.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 20, 2015

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Anatharon posted:

People still watch south park?

Honestly? No. This is that type of game that was so good it didn't really matter if you do or not, just that you are familiar with the source material. There were a lot of little easter eggs even from the few seasons I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I'm still giggling like a man child at the title.

• Locked thread