Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
It also released on the EU WiiU VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

SylvainMustach posted:

I'll get the 3Ds one eventually since it doesn't seem to be coming to the WIIU vc anytime soon.

The 3DS remake is good, the only downside to it is that they re-recorded all the dialog and the new stuff isn't as campy as the original.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Szmitten posted:

It also released on the EU WiiU VC.

Yea I was hoping that they'd release it stateside to promote zero

Sorta shocked they didn't.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

SylvainMustach posted:

Yea I was hoping that they'd release it stateside to promote zero

Sorta shocked they didn't.

What NOA releases on the Wii U VC is dependent on what's popular right now, what NOA feels like localizing, the phase of the moon, and whether Jupiter is in Sagittarius or in Aries .

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
This may sound dumb but is there a trick to turning quickly? I actually like the motion controls for shooting but when it comes to dogfights I feel like I can't catch anyone (or is that the point?)

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

This may sound dumb but is there a trick to turning quickly? I actually like the motion controls for shooting but when it comes to dogfights I feel like I can't catch anyone (or is that the point?)

Hold the right stick diagonally down in the direction you want to turn, so you're leaning left and braking when you want to do a sharp turn to the left. This'll reduce your turning radius a whole lot.

And otherwise it's just somersaults and U-turns all day long.

I played co-op with a friend for the first time yesterday and it was surprisingly fun for both players. I really liked that the one flying the Arwing also got a dinky little laser to shoot straight ahead with. It also kinda solved the problem of not knowing which screen to look at while playing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Zero/Guard for <$37: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Fox-Zero-Guard-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00ZRZTT3W

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo put out two demos this week, one for Guard and one for Zero that contains the animated short, they should be available in both regions now.

Best Buy is also doing a $30 ($24 for Prime members) sale on a bunch of Wii U games including Starfox; the regular sale price doesn't update until next week but you can get the discount early if you're an Elite member, whatever the hell that means: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/20160722-wiiu

(other games: Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Yoshi's Woolly World, plus some discounted amiibo)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Best Buy is also doing a $30 ($24 for Prime GCU members)

I know you mean GCU, but other people might be confused :)

I kinda wish I had waited on buying some of those games, I own them all but out of the lot I've only finished Star Fox and I could have waited for that one to drop in price.

Best Buy (and apparently TRU as well) seem to have entered Fire Sale mode as far as Disney Infinity tchotchkes as well, to include the Wii U starter packs for all 3 versions, for anyone that cares about those.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 21, 2016

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Got this during the Best Buy sale. I've only played one level so far but I love the gyro controls and the two view styles. Splatoon spoiled me on good gyro controls and this feels right to me. Needing to look at the cockpit view for precision shooting is a little bit of an adjustment which I remember after release some saying they couldn't enjoy the game much because of it, but I don't mind. Having to switch views to do different tasks optimally makes the game feel much more engaging to me. I may not yet be playing as well as I would if I was just using a control scheme similar to earlier titles in the series, but I had fun and felt like I was doing a lot rather than playing yet another rail shooter.

I honestly forgot Star Fox Guard existed so that was a nice surprise. Neat that it comes in its own separate game case.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Is there a wiiu thread? Is it still a self aware shiposting thread of irony? I can't find it. I found this thread though so all works out I guess.

Anyways I bought this game when it came and finally got my wiiu back from the person I let borrow.

How's co-op? Is it just a dinky crosshairs you move around. Will it be a high five bonding experience with my gf or will she be frustrated? Is it the whole game or only a few select missions?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 22, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's really good. One person uses a pro controller to fly the arwing while the other uses the gamepad as like a turret. Think Han flying while Luke shoots the Millennium Falcon.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's really good. One person uses a pro controller to fly the arwing while the other uses the gamepad as like a turret. Think Han flying while Luke shoots the Millennium Falcon.

By far my favorite part about SF0. It's so fun to split those duties.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok cool so we'll have fun thanks. Is it through the whole game?

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
As I recall, you can only play stages that you've already cleared solo, So I don't think you can do it right out of the box.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DanielCross posted:

As I recall, you can only play stages that you've already cleared solo, So I don't think you can do it right out of the box.

You can get around this by starting a level solo then backing out to the level selection screen and pressing x.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is there a wiiu thread? Is it still a self aware shiposting thread of irony? I can't find it. I found this thread though so all works out I guess.

It was killed by hamburgers of all things. The Nintendo Switch thread operates as a safe harbor for general Wii U stuff.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Oh, hello again thread.

:smug:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can get around this by starting a level solo then backing out to the level selection screen and pressing x.

All missions have a co-op function?

Were the controls that bad or was that just exaggerated

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 24, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

All missions have a co-op function?

Were the controls that bad or was that just exaggerated

They can be very frustrating to adjust to. Ultimately, I think I would have been happier with a traditional Star Fox control scheme in single player.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dogfights just ain't that fun. Ultimately I tried it because it got it for about twenty bucks, but it's just not my kinda thing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The controls aren't for everyone but I love them. It feels like I'm controlling some expensive drone or something. They do have a pretty big learning curve though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Finally really digging into Star Fox Guard and it's the first tower defense game I've actually enjoyed. Anyone have any good squads to battle?

Here's the ID for my first squad: 3WVB9VW

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
is there someway to donate so they improve wii 64 or port it to wii u

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nonviolent J posted:

is there someway to donate so they improve wii 64 or port it to wii u

The original version of 64 is on Wii U.