Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

You guys keep this up and I'll post all the stupid goofy looking Star Wars ships :colbert:

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

bunnyofdoom posted:

You guys keep this up and I'll post all the stupid goofy looking Star Wars ships :colbert:

Dick frigates are the best frigates.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

site posted:

Why does that ship need presumably both a cruiser class ftl engine/reactor and solar panels? Do the panels power the death ray?

Presumably to make it super fast. I kinda dig the Raider.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

if it has been 3 years since the end of season 2 and they are now being hounded by Thrawn I want to see some Interdictors in his flotilla, assuming they are going to make him as close to the original Thrawn as they can. Thrawn loved using Interdictors

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

It's been about a year since the end of season two. They've said Ezra was 14 at the start of S1, turned 15 during Empire Day in S1, was 16 when he met Leia in S2, and is 17 when S3 starts.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

With the ramping up of this show, I assume season 5 will have Admiral Daala with the Sun Crusher and the Yuzhan Vong comin' after the crew of the Ghost

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

With the ramping up of this show, I assume season 5 will have Admiral Daala with the Sun Crusher and the Yuzhan Vong comin' after the crew of the Ghost

Filoni so far only seems to have given a new lease of life to the less stupid parts of the EU, and pared them back so that they work properly in the Disney managed canon, ie Thrawn, Malachor, Mandalorians, or just made them nods that draw names or images from the EU but without any of the fiction attached, ie the Hammerhead cruisers, Dash Rendar's ship. I doubt the rest of that weird nonsense will get anywhere near it.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 4, 2016

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Filoni so far only seems to have given a new lease of life to the less stupid parts of the EU, and pared them back so that they work properly in the Disney managed canon, ie Thrawn, Malachor, Mandalorians, or just made them nods that draw names or images from the EU but without any of the fiction attached, ie the Hammerhead cruisers, Dash Rendar's ship. I doubt the rest of that weird nonsense will get anywhere near it.
They were actually considering/planning a Vong episode before Clone Wars got canceled. Would've been fun to see it just for novelty's sake.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The jury is still out on Thrawn. I just hope his super art-strategy analyst ability has been pared back a bit. The fact he's specifically studying Sabine's work, is rambling about psychology too, and also is gathering personal effects (that aren't art!) of the other crew members is a good sign.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The jury is still out on Thrawn. I just hope his super art-strategy analyst ability has been pared back a bit. The fact he's specifically studying Sabine's work, is rambling about psychology too, and also is gathering personal effects (that aren't art!) of the other crew members is a good sign.

Yeah I'm genuinely hoping hes just 'brilliant military commander with a bunch of personality quirks' and the art collecting of his enemies is just an analogue as tends to happen with Imperials rather than a superpower.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 5, 2016

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I hope someone trolls him with that at some point in the show.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Panzeh posted:

I hope someone trolls him with that at some point in the show.

Kallus discovers Thrawn is a weeaboo and thats what causes him to defect.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
It would be fine if he throws himself head first into learning about his enemies, and art tends to provide some tidbits or context. Though it should be "art the enemy commander/leader makes or enjoys" other than "this entire species obviously can't handle being flanked from the left, I mean, just LOOK at these color choices."

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

TheCenturion posted:

It would be fine if he throws himself head first into learning about his enemies, and art tends to provide some tidbits or context. Though it should be "art the enemy commander/leader makes or enjoys" other than "this entire species obviously can't handle being flanked from the left, I mean, just LOOK at these color choices."

I would dig the latter if it was wrong.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Yeah I like the idea of him understanding people from their art, rather than whole cultures. It would be cool if he has a piece of Sabine's work dropped in front of him and he immediately says "Ah, ambidextrous!"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

TheCenturion posted:

I will only accept it if that exact line is used while Kallus and the Governor stand behind him uncomfortably.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wonder if he'll have a Noghri hanging around at any point during the season.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

TARDISman posted:

Wonder if he'll have a Noghri hanging around at any point during the season.

I would love for the Noghri to get re-canonized.

If I remember the Zahn books correctly, the original crap that happened to their planet took place sometime early in the Rebellion days. There was a large space battle that led to capital ships - both Rebellion and Imperial - crashing onto the surface, doing major damage, and leaving all the toxic and radioactive crap that screwed up their ecosystem. It was Vader who first came in to "save" them, later introducing them to Thrawn. But all this could be taking place around the time of Rebels, and it'd be amazing if they worked that battle into the show, either as a direct plot or something just referred to.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Sith Happens posted:

I would love for the Noghri to get re-canonized.

If I remember the Zahn books correctly, the original crap that happened to their planet took place sometime early in the Rebellion days. There was a large space battle that led to capital ships - both Rebellion and Imperial - crashing onto the surface, doing major damage, and leaving all the toxic and radioactive crap that screwed up their ecosystem.
Didn't the battle take place in the Clone Wars?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

X_Toad posted:

No, neither the Noghri or their planet have been mentioned outside of Legends stuff

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

X_Toad posted:

Yes. It was a clone war battle that led to the poisoning of the planet.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yes. It was a clone war battle that led to the poisoning of the planet.

Yeah, I remembered it wrong. I thought Leia's personal feeling of responsibility over the planet's disaster was due to it being from a Rebellion battle, not something from a generation prior during the Republic.

Of course, even if there is a Honoghr or Noghri now, it's all a blank slate in the new canon. Unless that's just what Thrawn wants us to think. :tinfoil:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sith Happens posted:

Yeah, I remembered it wrong. I thought Leia's personal feeling of responsibility over the planet's disaster was due to it being from a Rebellion battle, not something from a generation prior during the Republic.

Of course, even if there is a Honoghr or Noghri now, it's all a blank slate in the new canon. Unless that's just what Thrawn wants us to think. :tinfoil:

Leia's resposibility feelings came from the same place as yours. She originally thought it was until she learned it generation prior. Then she felt righteous indignation, and also a little guilt because of daddy issues.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

bunnyofdoom posted:

Leia's resposibility feelings came from the same place as yours. She originally thought it was until she learned it generation prior. Then she felt righteous indignation, and also a little guilt because of daddy issues.

Also, she found out that the accident really wasn't that bad, but the Empire came in with Agent Orange to trick the poor saps.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I'm not sure what it says about me as a Star Wars fan but this season's Thrawn stuff does absolutely nothing for me, while each trailer has had like one frame each of TIE Interceptors with red stripes and all of a sudden I'm pounding my fists on the desk chanting "Soon-tir-Fel! Soon-tir Fel!"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New premiere clip with Ezra doing some un-Jedi things with the Force :magical:

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

New premiere clip with Ezra doing some un-Jedi things with the Force :magical:

Welcome to the Grey Side :geno:, we get poo poo done without being a weird zealot or overly anal

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Katee Sackhoff announced today at Ozcomicon in sydney that she did some recording for Rebels Bo-Katan is back

And titles for the first 6 episodes:

Steps Into Shadow, part 1 & 2
The Holocrons of Fate
The Antilles Extraction
Hera’s Heroes
The Last Battle

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Hera’s Heroes
:3:

Can't wait for this one.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm really excited.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New 30 second trailer

Also, I'll probably be putting the new thread up in the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

:(

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Don't worry, it wasn't that great of a trailer.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

They must have changed it, because it's region blocked now, but I was able to watch it as soon as you posted it this morning

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Not really diggin' that preview. Thrawn doesn't really seem the type to grab his minions by the throat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I seem to recall he actually lost his temper once or twice.

Doesn't really matter. People are gonna bitch no matter what. Hell they'll probably bitch about Thrawn not being right in Zhan's upcoming Thrawn book.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I think choking your underlings is actually part of the Imperial Uniform Code of Military Justice. He's just following policy.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
I never finished Outbound Flight. Was there a personal(like was he too emotional?) reason he was kicked out of the Chiss Ascendancy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

New thread's up, take all your hot Thrawn discussions there.

• Locked thread