Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Ive had many games where it comes out turn 2, bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
get good

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Hi Nonviolent J, I'm Tenacious J.

Maybe you and I could hang out.

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

How does that come out turn 2?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
"Protection from colored spells"

wow racist much?

Those black mages are going to be so loving mad.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it could only be better by not being legendary
yeah a bullshit card

thank you for bringing this to my attention

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Nonviolent J posted:

Ive had many games where it comes out turn 2, bullshit

kool pic

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
magic would work better if your cards were randomized from all existing cards rather than from a pre-picked deck *gets nuthin' but land 20 turns straight*

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
Would roll that card into a magic J

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i didnt even know what annihilator was before this card, absolute bullshit

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Hydrocodone posted:

How does that come out turn 2?

There are a bunch of cards that let you poo poo out a bunch of mana on turn one. Then there are a bunch of cards that just let you either pick a creature and just play it or do the same but randomly.

So if you have some dark ritual , quick silver amuletl, emrakul, and some swamps you can bust that poo poo out quick. This isn't even a really good way to do because lol at ever getting that draw but the only one I could think off the top of my head. I know blue has some horse poo poo 2 or 3 mana spell that just shits out what ever creature you want.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
a friend and i pool cards and run a cube and we've had a lengthy discussion about high variance in cube drafts with another friend, who has his own power9/channel/etc cube

after many fair and balanced drafts with our cube, we decided to try his cube once and drafted it up, so i channel + emrakul'd 6 times in the course of 8 games (three times turn 2, the rest 3-5, thanks vampiric + demonic tutor), winning 8-0 and never coming close to losing

high variance is fun though i promise

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Rise of the Eldrazi was the best set for draft.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Harrower posted:

There are a bunch of cards that let you poo poo out a bunch of mana on turn one. Then there are a bunch of cards that just let you either pick a creature and just play it or do the same but randomly.

So if you have some dark ritual , quick silver amuletl, emrakul, and some swamps you can bust that poo poo out quick. This isn't even a really good way to do because lol at ever getting that draw but the only one I could think off the top of my head. I know blue has some horse poo poo 2 or 3 mana spell that just shits out what ever creature you want.

and yeah my deck mentioned above has Show and Tell, the aforementioned 3mana blue spell, and i never got to cast it because every game i had it in hand, i had already used a discard spell to check their hand and they had some big fatty so i had to go about it the hard way

one guy showed me sundering titan when i thoughtseized him so instead of show and tell i just armageddon'd with ancestral visions suspended and hosed his poo poo up

e: also balance, thats a fair card

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
My opponent waits
As I prepare
Should I choose a Zombie Crocodile
Or a Grizzly Bear?

Now it’s his turn
What will he do?
I await his trick
But he’s not through

He too plays a creature
I can tell.
He’s done with his turn.
Now I can play a spell.

This game we play
Of spells and creature.
We play it a lot,
This we know for sure.

Richard Garfield[1]

What a man!
To create a game
Play it; 6 million players can!

Magic: The Gathering™[2]

Is this game.
Come and play.
If not, what a shame!

Six million players
Love this game.
Thanks to Richard Garfield,
The world is not the same!

vug fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 21, 2015

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if i come across rhyming lyrics to a song i'm not familiar with, i process them as 90s tv commercial rap

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I cant believe people still play magic the gathering i thought it gomaway like pog. My brother in law recently went to a magic the gathering tournament min las vegas.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

quakster posted:

if i come across rhyming lyrics to a song i'm not familiar with, i process them as 90s tv commercial rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUf_4QYDqT4

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

and i thought threads about video games brought out the biggest dorks. thanks for opening my eyes op

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

as a goon this card is all you need

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I had a good friend in high school who was super obsessed with Magic the Gathering and spent hundreds of dollars on packs all the time just to play with his other group of gay wad friends doing the same thing. One time I asked him why they didn't just print out their own cards since they were just playing together and not going to official tournaments so whats the difference if the cards were legit or not and he got really pissed off at me.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

kecske posted:

as a goon this card is all you need

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i used to buy ren and stimpy cards and the simpsons cards and ren and stimpy pogs. this was a long time a go now. i wish i could go back to those times

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I had a good friend in high school who was super obsessed with Magic the Gathering and spent hundreds of dollars on packs all the time just to play with his other group of gay wad friends doing the same thing. One time I asked him why they didn't just print out their own cards since they were just playing together and not going to official tournaments so whats the difference if the cards were legit or not and he got really pissed off at me.
clearly, envy of your superior intellect + buyer's remorse + sunk cost fallacy. perhaps dunning-kruegers aswell ??

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

quakster posted:

I'm sorry that your taste in music is terrible and you should hate yourself.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
protection from colored

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
spells

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You should trust in the Heart of the Cards, OP.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I was too busy doing human stuff in high school to know why that card is bullshit op, but I believe you that it is :)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wuts annihilator 6

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Thank God I didn't waste my time on this vaguely worded clickbait thread! Voted 5

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I have a foil one :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Wouldn't getting this in turn 2 be pointless? You wanna get it late in the game when your graveyard is full so you can resurrect all your dead cards.
Probably. I don't actually know how M:tG works. It might be like Uno where you're trying to get rid of all your cards first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i just want you to know the awful app doesnt mark this thread as "read" so you've effectively made me disinterested in this thread twice now.

• Locked thread