Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When I was in maybe fifth grade the Rainbow Family had a gathering in a state park adjacent to the city. We had one NGO food bank / shelter in the town and they went in there and cleaned out everything they had. The little food bank had to do emergency food drives in the schools and at a football game to get back to operational status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

how do you get run out of idaho did they come within 200 km of a potato farm and one of the five people who live in idaho got nervous

-Be black or hispanic
-Not be churchy enough
-Tina et teh ham
-I bet I could throw a football over those mountains

glowing-fish posted:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/20/lakota-warriors-vow-to-crush-dirty-rainbow-hippies.html

The Rainbow Family, a loose-knit unorganized group of people who has summer gatherings, wants to hold their gathering this year in the Black Hills of South Dakota. There are two problems with this: 1. Rainbow Family gatherings have had more than a few bad incidents in the past, and even if they were on their theoretical best behavior, they create a lot of waste and strain on resources wherever they go. 2. The Black Hills of South Dakota are sacred to the Lakota Sioux, and at least some of them are more than a little annoyed that the Rainbow Family is planning to poo poo up their land.

I've talked to people who have had experience with the Rainbow Family, and I've heard plenty of bad things. It is not just a bunch of hippies hanging out, there is a lot of hard drug use, theft, and crime that seems to ride along with it. Its like the Gathering of the Juggalos, only with no one responsible.

Anyone have any Rainbow Family experience?

Best part of the article is the angry quotes from the native dude. My faux Blackfoot accent (which I use for all Native Americans) has really fallen into disrepair.

raton fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 22, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

They used to come to the parks around here and dig up the whole place looking for JO crystals and get all the plumbing hosed up with red clay washing them off in the sinks.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Last i had heard of them, they would travel the country going from music festival to music festival. A week or two before the next festival they would bury a couple tanks of nitrous in the park, within the boundaries of the festival. Then, when the festival started, they would dig up their tanks and then sell whippets for $5 a piece

If other festival-goers attempted to encroach on their nitrous-selling monopoly, they would spray their face w liquid nitrogen to freeze it and then hit it so that their loving FACE WOULD SHATTER!!!!!

Needless to say, once word got out, they were the only nitrous game in town

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

If other festival-goers attempted to encroach on their nitrous-selling monopoly, they would spray their face w liquid nitrogen to freeze it and then hit it so that their loving FACE WOULD SHATTER!!!!!

"Why don't you be chill, man"

*bashes frozen face in with a filthy bong*

• Locked thread