Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
go get some wooder, the car needs warshed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Mr Smalls gets good bands, but the sound is always bad and they try to pack way too many people into that tiny venue.

this is true

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Battery Joe posted:

I think Mr. Smalls gets some pretty good bands. Alter Bar seems like the haven for butt rock and nu-metal bands though so I ain't been there yet.

Smalls also has a recording studio and is owned by Liz Berlin and her husband. It may not be a prefect place or even perfectly located, but they are trying to do good for the music scene.

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
too bad most bands skip pittsburgh on their tours

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Yinzer posted:

i totally forgot about this one, ill have to try it

in crafton? ive been disappointed in all chinese resturants so far, but haven't given up hope yet. ill add that to the list whenever i head over to robinson

DiBella's subs? i could walk there from work

according to google maps its permanently closed.

Millie's Italian Deli in corapolis?

i take it you live in the crafton area, but ill add it to the list.

well ive been to esie's original hot dog stand, the dirty o. great fries. i haven't explored squirrel hill much except whenever i go through it to get to monroeville

the only great place id say has been big shot bob's wings, thats in corapolis too. if you havent had it, i highly recommend it, especially their steel city wings.

i went from a food mecca to a food desert, like i said i take opinions from locals with a giant grain of salt.

but appreciate the recommendations tho

I actually live in Utah now, and have a hard time getting good food beyond mexican. Used to live near Crafton/Greentree and worked on 5th in Coraopolis. From what I can figure, Millies is now half polish restaurant and half deli. Dunno if they still make it, but the Inferno sub was to die for.

Primadonna is closed? Pity.

• Locked thread