Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Yesterday I had afternoon tea for two (£25) and it looked exactly like this, in fact this picture was taken from the menu and is an accurate depiction...

I had the choice of Earl Grey and English Breakfast tea and I chose English Breakfast as I find the bergamot in Earl Grey a little too overpowering for my liking. The tea was nice, I had it with a little cream and no sugars.

Now lets talk about the sandwich fingers. All were very dainty and fresh the salmon and cucumber in particular were excellent.

How do you take your scones? Not like in the picture, I can tell you. No I actually happen to subscribe to the Devonshire method of spreading the clotted cream i.e. before I plop on the jam. I don't care what you say I simply will not use the Cornish method. In this case there was a choice of blackberry and strawberry. I opted for strawberry on the traditional scones and blackberry on the fruity scones.

The cakes and pastries. Well, the fruity pink cake was very nice. The eclairs were ok but I think that the true winner was the sponge and cream cake. Very light and fluffy. I did rather enjoy the carrot cake also.

All in all a very nice afternoon tea, filled us both up and well worth the 25 knicker asking price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I prefer my scones with a bit of butter, marmite and some grated cheese on top, savoury scone supremacy :vuvu:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Lunixnerd posted:

I prefer my scones with a bit of butter, marmite and some grated cheese on top, savoury scone supremacy :vuvu:

how positively barbaric...

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Coffee supremacy

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
also, just lmao if you put milk in your tea like some Vit D deficient northern hemisphere fruit. Black with 2 sugars please.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Lunixnerd posted:

also, just lmao if you put milk in your tea like some Vit D deficient northern hemisphere fruit. Black with 2 sugars please.

lol no thanks, im sweet enough

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
That looks like a lot of saturated fat, OP. Enjoy your high cholesterol.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
I neglected to mention that the mini vegetable quiches were exquisite

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Where did you consume this delectable treat, OP?

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Americans are asleep, post pictures of tea

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shirley Crabtree posted:

lol no thanks, im sweet enough

Never trust a man with a pig farm.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

therattle posted:

Where did you consume this delectable treat, OP?

Well I'm glad you asked and they certainly deserve the shout-out, it was here...

http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roy posted:

Americans are asleep, post pictures of tea

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Yesterday I had afternoon tea for two (£25) and it looked exactly like this, in fact this picture was taken from the menu and is an accurate depiction...

I had the choice of Earl Grey and English Breakfast tea and I chose English Breakfast as I find the bergamot in Earl Grey a little too overpowering for my liking. The tea was nice, I had it with a little cream and no sugars.

Now lets talk about the sandwich fingers. All were very dainty and fresh the salmon and cucumber in particular were excellent.

How do you take your scones? Not like in the picture, I can tell you. No I actually happen to subscribe to the Devonshire method of spreading the clotted cream i.e. before I plop on the jam. I don't care what you say I simply will not use the Cornish method. In this case there was a choice of blackberry and strawberry. I opted for strawberry on the traditional scones and blackberry on the fruity scones.

The cakes and pastries. Well, the fruity pink cake was very nice. The eclairs were ok but I think that the true winner was the sponge and cream cake. Very light and fluffy. I did rather enjoy the carrot cake also.

All in all a very nice afternoon tea, filled us both up and well worth the 25 knicker asking price.

That's a lot of things to eat with tea for just two.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

Lunixnerd posted:

Black with 2 sugars please.

it's pronouced "bleck"

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

whoa there horsey, is that a genuine copy of superman versus muhammad ali? and in what language is that that superman is terasmies?

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's a lot of things to eat with tea for just two.

that's true, i shared it with a lady and i ended up scoffing way more than her

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shirley Crabtree posted:

whoa there horsey, is that a genuine copy of superman versus muhammad ali? and in what language is that that superman is terasmies?

Mongolian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

reading a mongolian superman whilst having your afternoon tea is edgy as gently caress, i salute you

• Locked thread