Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
The kitchen. From the dawn of man, when the tribe would huddle around the campfire to share the day's kill, to today's double-island open floor plan monstrosities, the place of food preparation has long been the social heart of the home (excluding a few years in the 1800's and 1900's when everybody decided to shove the kitchen into a closet in the far back of the house). For many of us here in GWS, the kitchen has an even greater significance. For us, it is both workshop and rec room. It's where we go to escape the outside world, as well as welcome our friends and neighbors. It's where we create, experiment, and play. Just as the automobile aficionado invests much of him (or her!)self into his garage, for many of us the kitchen is a reflection of who we are. Or, perhaps, a reflection of how cheap our landlords are.

This is a thread to share pictures of your kitchen. Discussion is certainly welcome and encouraged, but please take the time to contribute some pictures of your own as well! One of the remarkable things about GWS is that I've seen world-class food being made in what looks like the burnt-out bathroom of a 7-11 - every kitchen is wonderful in it's own way, and nobody should be afraid to contribute just because they don't have a 500 sqft megakitchen. On the other hand, if you do have a gigantic, lavish kitchen - show it off!

I'll get things started with mine. I bought this place about a year ago, so most of what you see here was chosen by the previous owners. Regardless, I like it well enough.

The wide-angle shot. The wrap-around bar is where guests tend to hang out, and ample counter space allows me to do fun things like make your own pizza parties. Please don't judge me too harshly for the Kuerig machine in the corner - it came with the wife, and she insists that the french press takes too long on weekdays.

Stove and knives, with requisite obnoxious Chinese cleaver. The oven is a double oven, which I really like (especially because the smaller top drawer preheats extremely quickly). It's also an electric glass flat-top, which I hate, because I can't use any of my lovingly cared for cast-iron pans. I'm also not a fan of the combination microwave / vent hood, because it's really, really awful at the vent hood part of that combination.

Pantry and liquor cabinet, off to the far right side from the perspective of the first picture. Roll-out shelves on the right side, which are awesome. I think the hanging wine glass rack underneath is a nice touch, though the full wine bar lives in the adjacent dining room.

Bonus dining room shot. Immediately adjacent to the kitchen, as you can see in the stove picture. Very red. I'm a big fan of the table - the bench seats on the side are super cozy, and the center leaf is well-hidden and expands easily.

So - post your kitchens and talk about kitchen-y things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grandpas drunk
Jun 10, 2015

by Ralp
not much bbut its home

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thanks for this thread OP

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
forgot this kitchen too

you can see i have chef tools and a cool apron

heres another kitchen

you can see my cup thing

It was there when i moved into the house

:shrug:

another shot of that kitchen

you can see my cool wood block thing

not technically the kitchen but we were having a contest where we threw kitchen knives at each other

as you can see i enjoy cooking outdoors a lot

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 24, 2015

• Locked thread