Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DM Punk posted:

100% agreed, but he's the exception and not the rule. You won't see a dozen of his body type on RAW every week.

Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Samoa Joe. Wrestling has a proud tradition of fat dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DM Punk posted:

100% agreed, but he's the exception and not the rule. You won't see a dozen of his body type on RAW every week.

It's like pro wrestling is meant to have a variety of shapes and sizes, or something.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Interesting Wikipedia nugget

WrestleMania XXVII (2011). Triple H's original entrance involved riding a Clydesdale horse from the stage toward the ring. However, during the rehearsal, the horse fell through a trap door that contained The Undertaker's casket. The horse was stuck for hours and was almost euthanized due to the stress it had suffered. As a result of this accident, this ring entrance was scrapped.[citation needed]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The only thing that really matters in wrestling is booking. If you book a dude to look like a star, chances are he will be a star regardless of how they look. Of course that's not going to work for everyone. If body was actually super important in wrestling literally every muscleman vince ever hired would all be main event wrestlers.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

You have to have something special to be a star, but it's not necessarily the same for everybody. Some guys get over because of their physique. Other guys get over because of their gimmick. Some guys get over by stellar ring work. Others give great promos

Some guys get over because they're just a really believable face or heel. I think that's what makes Owens special — he's just SO believable as this petulant rear end in a top hat wrestler who rationalizes every awful thing that he does.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Bo Dallas got the rub from the Rock. Bo Dallas rules and is a future hall of famer. :allears:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
One step closer to WWE champ Bo Dallas.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Kevin Owens is a wonderful dick. That save when he stumbled in his promo was ace.

Last thing about this weeks NXT, Bret Hart put on some weight...

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

keevo posted:

Bo Dallas got the rub from the Rock. Bo Dallas rules and is a future hall of famer. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlBTowpS8gA

He's a good guy.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

...it's ...it's not that difficult

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'm stuck at work but I can tell that's a vid I need to watch.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dolph hasn't resigned yet, source: Dolph

VV gently caress hyphens

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 29, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I don't think anyone was saying Dolph resigned. :v:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
dolph ziggler: comedian/movie and television guy

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

triplexpac posted:

It's like pro wrestling is meant to have a variety of shapes and sizes, or something.

WWE has a lot of the same type of guys though. It's not as bad as its been in recent years, but still.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Lest we forget Funkasaurus Rex

Somebody call my momma...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

That guy's hair.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dolph's just doing what every other guy that leaves is: Setting up a Wrestlemania main event 3 - 5 years down the road :v:

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

More like come back for an IC title match somewhere in the middle of the card ;-)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Why do you want to see Owens be funny?
This is a bit old, but it was more like I don't personally share the huge Owens enthusiasm that obviously exists. He is not a bad wrestler at all, and I've enjoyed his feud here with Cena, but it's not like old Undertaker stuff, or even DB, where I could go "OK, I get this."

Different tastes I suppose.

It was pretty funny when he threw the singer into a giant foam pad though.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That's fine you can have your own taste.

But you didn't answer my question. Why do you want a new guy they've established and continue to establish as an important, serious guy to be funny?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the number of posters here whose understanding of what wrestling can be is entirely shaped by current WWE is pretty sad

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
i think if you care enough about a thing to post on a forum about it you would maybe enjoy expanding your horizons a bit

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spermgod posted:

the number of posters here whose understanding of what wrestling can be is entirely shaped by current WWE is pretty sad

Even I don't fit that mold which is kind of terrifying if you think about it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Let's see, WWE has:

El Torito
New Day
Eva Marie

Other feds have:

Not those

Who gives a poo poo about those other ones?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I hope this Raw is more like last week's

Good news friends, it will be!

Tonight's Raw main event posted:

No DQ: Reigns/Ambrose vs Rollins/Kane

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Kane's totally gonna out himself as a goon tonight, I KNOW IT!

Seriously did the guy ever make a "so here's why I didn't" submission?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Spermgod posted:

i think if you care enough about a thing to post on a forum about it you would maybe enjoy expanding your horizons a bit

I hope you swirled a brandy snifter around in your hand after you finished writing this.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Delsaber posted:

I hope you swirled a brandy snifter around in your hand after you finished writing this.

suck my nuts bitch

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
posting an a forum about a topic requires an insane amount of caring apparently.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Hace posted:

posting an a forum about a topic requires an insane amount of caring apparently.

i don't think it requires any less caring than the amount you would have to care to try watching wrestling other than current WWE. i don't think either is "an insane amount".

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Spermgod posted:

i don't think it requires any less caring than the amount you would have to care to try watching wrestling other than current WWE. i don't think either is "an insane amount".

well i'm just going to watch WWE anyway, and I don't feel like spending more time watching even more wrestling so :shrug:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

Good news friends, it will be!
Oh god a No DQ match how will it possibly end!!!!

Bray's going to do a run in or a creepy promo to distract Roman and allow Rollins to beat Dean Jobrose because you see Dean Ambrose is a jobber

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Brock will do a promo where he cries like Big Show did that one time; people here will defend it as solid booking.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Bray's going to do a run in or a creepy promo to distract Roman and allow Rollins to beat Dean Jobrose because you see Dean Ambrose is a jobber

hmm i like this but how about instead of rollins it is The Goon, Kane who pins dean

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

GrimGypsy posted:

Brock will do a promo where he cries like Big Show did that one time; people here will defend it as solid booking.

hey he's finally being funny! what a full package

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hace posted:

well i'm just going to watch WWE anyway, and I don't feel like spending more time watching even more wrestling so :shrug:

But if you dont watch the right kinds of wrestling that I tell you to, then however will you be able to care enough to type words about it on the internet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

He's gonna fall on his rear end after a tantrum like Rusev did last week and people will Laugh

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Hace posted:

OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

don't remember him saying anything specific just "non-wwe" but sure ok i'm also proud of not trying new things

• Locked thread