Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's so they can determine their speed based on the angle of the tassels when the speedo inevitably dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Those are called get back whips and they're part of the larping kit that Harley sells that lets dentists dressed as pirates pretend that they're hells angels

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
They even come in your club's colors!

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

So are you supposed to whip them into the spokes of guys wearing rival colors while you're motojousting on the freeway or

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think having something flailing in the wind, evokes a specific look. It's part of the image people are trying to project. They sell saddlebags, jackets and chaps with strips of tassels sawn onto them. You can see tassels on people's clothing back when main source of transport was a horse. There is a history to it, I just don't know what it is

Just like a full leather suit with racing brands stamped on it, that you buy at the store. Instead of getting it for free along with your massive endorsement checks. All image, all the time

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

clutchpuck posted:

It looks cool and the motor is a sweetheart but it is a nightmare to ride.

If only somebody took that glorious unit evo twin and put it in a capable chassis......... ONE CAN DREAM I GUESS.

How are they bad? Ergos?

That bike, since it came out, has always been my "if I ever owned a Harley…" bike and now you're ruining it. :(

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Nitrox posted:

All image, all the time

(I really need to spend more time on it to change the top and bottom parts from "MOTOR CYCLES" to "GARAGE DECOR")

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was always partial to Hardly-Ableson, myself.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

How about "BRAND-WHORE"

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

tranten posted:

How are they bad? Ergos?

That bike, since it came out, has always been my "if I ever owned a Harley…" bike and now you're ruining it. :(

No, egos seemed fine. In a straight line it felt like an overweight XB12SS, but thinner at the knees. The riding position was pretty "athletic".

Once I put it in a turn, I got some hard Harley wobble. Maybe I had too high expectations but it really didn't turn as well as I'd hoped.

Spend half as much on a XB and you get the same motor in a way better platform.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

HotCanadianChick posted:

(I really need to spend more time on it to change the top and bottom parts from "MOTOR CYCLES" to "GARAGE DECOR")
That is absolutely not limited to the Harley brand, no reason to single them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LwKuJNQrpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3lODEotj0

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Nitrox posted:

That is absolutely not limited to the Harley brand, no reason to single them out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LwKuJNQrpE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3lODEotj0

I feel like you're missing the joke and just feeling butthurt.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Question: did Davidson get upset that everybody just calls them Harleys?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Recently I started a little home business creating custom badges and parts, it started with replicating 100 year old ultra rare WW1 shoulder titles for a local historical society with my makerspace hat on:

Since then I've been fielding enquiries from local bike builders and stuff.

So uh

I can do poo poo like this with keychain loops or actual mounting points for a tank, change the text, depth size to whatever, just saying. I can replicate old timey logos and stuff too, have some possible interest from the VW camper guys.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 4, 2016

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I too am partial to Hardly Ableson.

VOR LOC
Dec 8, 2007
captured
Always been a fan of Hardly-Madeitson.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Pope Mobile posted:

I feel like you're missing the joke and just feeling butthurt.
As a card carrying squid, I strongly feel that my culture is seriously underrepresented in these mock threads.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Nitrox posted:

As a card carrying squid, I strongly feel that my culture is seriously underrepresented in these mock threads.

Fine.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Bro, you gotta hook me up, bro; I ride a gixxer! Bro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

clutchpuck posted:

If only somebody took that glorious unit evo twin and put it in a capable chassis......... ONE CAN DREAM I GUESS.

His name is Erik Buell!

• Locked thread