Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Goons and Goonettes do not take likely when your doctor says you have high cholesterol. Two years ago today I had a widowmaker heart attack and survived. Sure they had to electrocute me with the paddles to restart my heart and sure a few hours after my stent was placed I had pulmonary edema and couldn't breathe but here I am. the leading cause of death in the USA is heart attack so more than likely you will die of this. Most won't have time for a second chance or even to call 911. I was lucky and these boards are lucky that I survived.

Cholesterol kills which means all that meat and fried foods will one day stop your heart. I had mine at age 44. a friend of mine died at age 46 of an HA and a colleagues husband last week died at age 49 of this. It sucks that my heart is now so hosed up that my cardiologist has to do a double take to make sure the electrodes aren't reversed due to the screwed up electrical pathways my heart had to make (the wonders of the human body) to keep it beating but I'm here and hope you will be too.

ps. I wasn't fat or overweight just bad genetics and not listening to my medical doctor when he told me to cut back on red meats and take cholesterol lowering pills that cost me over a hundred dollars for a months supply. I couldnt afford it.

http://widowmakerthemovie.com/

Tony Homo fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
hearts: they hurt our feelings, and eventually kill us

BAN HEARTS!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tony Homo posted:

Goons and Goonettes do not take likely when your doctor says you have high cholesterol. Two years ago today I had a widowmaker heart attack and survived. Sure they had to electrocute me with the paddles to restart my heart and sure a few hours after my stent was placed I had pulmonary edema and couldn't breathe but here I am. the leading cause of death in the USA is heart attack so more than likely you will die of this. Most won't have time for a second chance or even to call 911. I was lucky and these boards are lucky that I survived.

Cholesterol kills which means all that meat and fried foods will one day stop your heart. I had mine at age 44. a friend of mine died at age 46 of an HA and a colleagues husband last week died at age 49 of this. It sucks that my heart is now so hosed up that my cardiologist has to do a double take to make sure the electrodes aren't reversed due to the screwed up electrical pathways my heart had to make (the wonders of the human body) to keep it beating but I'm here and hope you will be too.

ps. I wasn't fat or overweight just bad genetics and not listening to my medical doctor when he told me to cut back on red meats and take cholesterol lowering pills that cost me over a hundred dollars for a months supply. I couldnt afford it.

http://widowmakerthemovie.com/

so what were you #'s? And, generic statins are like 20$/3month supply.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

so what were you #'s? And, generic statins are like 20$/3month supply.

I had Blue Shield and the statins weren't a covered benefit. This was 10 plus years ago so I wasn't given an option of generics. As for numbers I was always high or over the high. I believe the highest acceptable was 150 and would always be 150 to 200. I used to always go to the gym (5 times per week) and did the elliptical. I seriously thought heart attacks happened to overweight people who didn't exercise. I was wrong. It was a surprise when I felt the pressure on the chest and the only reason I'm here is because the ambulance was around the corner from me and my heart stopped in the back of the ambulance.

My colleagues husband had heartburn that changed to a sore throat and the keeled over dead. Different symptoms.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
molesterol does worse imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
but that's not fair! only fat people should have heart attacks and cholesterol! it's not fair! ITS NOT FAIR

• Locked thread