Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Taxis are a service where that gets you places.

Sometimes they won't because the driver will tell you that he's on strike.
It's a Uber situation where you pull out your smart cell phone and order an Uber.

Taxis don't like ubers so they'll break your loving face like this guy

Since uber operates in a grey area and uber drivers aren't subject to the same regulations as normal taxis, normal taxis are expressing their distress, taxi style.

By breaking poo poo:

Burning poo poo on the road:

Throwing bricks at cars (lol at the baby inside)

That's after blocking major cities and airports of course

If they feel like it they'll also tear gas a journalist or two 'cause they're loving untermensch.

gently caress taxis

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
blame over regulation from government

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

drat, woe, didnt know about this. thangs for bringing it to my atten

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

LOL if cabbies beats you up. Just LOL.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

sio.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

tion soery

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
good I'm glad of it

I hope the taxis win and usher in a dark thousand year cabbie reich, totalitarian transportation

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
he had won the final victory over himself, he loved Yellow Cab

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if in the off chance i have to take a cab like if its raining a lot or something i always ask for exact change back

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

i was watching a commercial on TV and the Toronto association of cabbies or whatever warned me about the dangers of uber and how they need to be regulated by the government

i was like ayy lmao

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They have banners warning about Uber Doctors, Uber Pharmacists and Uber Surgeons, because sitting in a car and not running into traffic requires the same level of education as opening someone without killing it, gently caress.

e:just noticed the guy just hanging around with his little scooter here

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

id pay for some uber dentistry

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:getin:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
God I loving hate taxi drivers. Scum. Of. The. Earth.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hmm. on one hand, undercutting an existing structure, say, a union, can be super lovely. on the other hand, this particular structure strikes me as pretty bad and therefore should be destroyed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Scabs go home

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

gently caress Uber. loving unethical bullshit.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Doctor Dogballs posted:

gently caress Uber. loving unethical bullshit.

yea but taxis are still worse.

American taxis are like old clapped out cop cars, loving road boat crown vics or whatever. There's a barrier between you and the driver because you just might be a crazy bandit man and so we can't take no chances can we. There's an implicit and frankly offensive accusation of potential belligerence in that and it loving pisses me off. Reduced to a suspect in a monkey cage with old smelly vinyl seats that you just know will be hosed down daily for blood poo poo and piss from the crazy people who use taxis. Oh and a taxi ride can't be just a money grab they now also have to have a blaring television in your face showing ads. Because taxi companies are about as awful as Comcast only on wheels.

Uber cars by contrast are invariably nice and the driver/owners like to keep them neat. You get in and you feel special. It's like getting a ride from a friend. You're not in a cage. There's not a loving ad blaster television in your face. They treat you nice, sometimes there are freebie water bottles. They'll ask you what music you like to listen to.

American taxis still operate like it's the 20th century and so if they do take credit card which you can't take for granted, then it will be the worst system imaginable with the least amount of protection for your payment information. I've been in a taxi where the driver forced me use his radio to talk to central and spell out my billing address and credit card numbers. On the loving radio! None of the drivers have GPS or know how to use a GPS. Most taxi drivers barely speak English anyway and so if they're not sure what you were saying they'll just take you for a random ride until you start complaining. Happened to me in DC: Driver just took off and went on the freeway. After twenty minutes the jackass says so which way we goin boss? And then you have to tip at the end of the ordeal of course. Keep the change. Because you're doing your job? What?

Uber drivers by contrast have an iphone with a map and it knows your destination already when you get in. Your card is on file and you get a receipt by email. Uber has got their poo poo together.

So maybe what I'm saying is if you don't like uber destroying taxis like velociraptors in a poodle grooming saloon, maybe the taxi service operators should up their game and actually try and loving compete and make the experience of using their product as good as they can instead of as cheap and lousy as they're legally allowed to get away with.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tr: huge demand due to taxi strike, expect service shortage

e: cops seized a molotov cocktail on a taxi road blockade in Marseille, gently caress taxis

e2: and they blocked tramways too, because that's the logical thing to do, loving public transportation

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 25, 2015

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

French taximen don't play around with us please. :pray:

So what are the disadvantages of Uber apart from getting raped in India?

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i never leave my house so i don't care

• Locked thread