Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 14, 2009

You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Germans

I was gifted this recently lmao

99.99% of Germans don't understand these games either. I guess some buy or gift them as a joke. :kiddo: I've never encountered anyone who looks forward to get home from work just to do virtual work at his computer.

Sheik Yerbouti fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sheik Yerbouti posted:

99.99% of Germans don't understand these games either. I guess some buy or gift them as a joke. :kiddo: I've never encountered someone who likes to get home work from just to do virtual work at his computer.

on the other hand, World of Warcraft

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
that guy has a pretty reasonable complaint if an update broke his install

I didn't read any further to see if it becomes funny, sorry

Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 14, 2009

You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

on the other hand, World of Warcraft

Touché, I guess. :unsmith:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Wanamingo posted:

Some spergin virgin is VERY UPSET about his videogames being updated

fuckin casual train drivers ruining train sims

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
dude is really crazy about the word "compulsory"

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Wanamingo posted:

The world of german simulator games is a rich one indeed

Can you play the passenger too?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

dude is really crazy about the word "compulsory"

the game auto-updated and broke his save game, which he presumably put a lot of hours into, sounds pretty annoying to me

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

did it? I kind of skimmed but I got the impression that he was upset about the mere possibility of breaking his save

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

it said it did in the first paragraph, the only one I read

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

that guy had played 1400 hours in a train simulator

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

breaking an install isn't the same as breaking a save game

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Germstore posted:

breaking an install isn't the same as breaking a save game

lol fair enough, if thats what he meant then that's stupid, but steam updates should still be optional/rollback-able

maybe he has 3 TB of train dlc and doesn't want to unrar it okay

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK_AxwyzUNE

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Train Simulator: WCML Trent Valley Route Add-On

quote:

Excellent add on. Money well worth spending and endless workshop potential with what can already be bought that runs on this route. Living in Tamworth these stations are as ture to life as you can get. Very well done to those involved.

quote:

Well Done thompson. Best you've ever done for train simulator. Like the intergrated cab/passenger view. Sounds still need work. Shouldn't be long before AP patch the 350 into their Desiro pack.

quote:

The WCML Trent Valley Route Add-On is the best route ever because another section of the WCML has been made and this route has some of the best overhead catenary you have ever see.

This one has multimodal freight wagons and on-board train announcements!! :gizz:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

does it let you like mount cannons on your train and fight other trains

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone accomplished anything in Spintires? All I do is get stuck in the mud and run out of gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I dont think goons are in any position to diss other people for their choice in video games. Train sim people were doing this kind of thing before people on this forum were even born, respect the trailblazers, imo. I'd rather play a train sim than some stupid picture-book click through adventure of some 200 hour LoTR rip-off.

• Locked thread