Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Runaktla posted:

Yeah Mithross gives a poo poo way too much about my lynch and MMM's lynch to be not town unless you assume there are actually two scum left and both Mithross and I are scum (I'm not).

He even disclosed that he is concerned that if I die he dies bc of the mistletoe thing.

He wouldn't have brought up the toy inspector plan which could end up placing a valid, working vig in a townie's hands. He would have just lynched MMM or me.

I don't even understand what this means.

Town doesn't want to stay alive, town wants to find scum.

And why are you just looking at him purely in the context of this day, as opposed to all days as I just said?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Quidnose posted:

I don't even understand what this means.

Town doesn't want to stay alive, town wants to find scum.

And why are you just looking at him purely in the context of this day, as opposed to all days as I just said?
It means if he was scum he wouldn't give a poo poo about whether MMM or I got lynched.

As for the concern re mistletoe I was just stating it felt town bc he didn't hide it.

As for this day/all day I already reviewed his posts for the entire game and posted about it a lil while ago.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

Especially since all the toymakers have been town except for the fake toymaker, from a ~setup speculation~ point of view Mithross as scum makes sense.

Also, GG died the day after Santa. So if someone was scum for giving GG a vest, it's King Burgundy.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Casing MMM.

In response to Hazdoc about to get lynched...

And Quid says this...

Quidnose posted:

This isn't entirely helpful since we're 10 minutes from deadline, MMM. I know you just joined but why are you trying to distance yourself from this as if you already know it's gonna go bad?

His response...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This looks like people apathy killing a new guy for being awkward. I suppose if I had been here the whole time I'd understand better, but just getting here now it feels very wrong to me

It's like even though he just joined he wasn't interested in looking for alternative lynches. He just wanted to communicate clearly that he wasn't part of this lynch.

Here we got lazy commenting on the purported scum slip by AN...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Is this really it? I was confused before and thought it was because I haven't really read much of the thread so far.

He votes scum LuTR after he does a long dumb self conscious disclaimer post...

Couple pages later...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What's the deadline of this game? I have a full thread to read and need to schedule it in somewhere
Someone responds, his next posts switch his vote to EP who he hammers. Doesn't mention LuTR again.

He sure as hell didn't push/case LuTR.

Next day...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I've been really burned out on mafia lately, sorry folks. I'm going to try later though, hang in there

Then a bit later these four posts back to back...

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

While I don't think I've been completely absent I definitely wouldn't characterize what I did as posting a bunch

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Actually the complete dissonance between that and

Has me feeling a bit worried about Kleedrac. It makes me feel like he's picking calls unrelated to the actual game right now.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also sorry for dissing LUTR over the arsonist thing yesterday

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also this WALRUS chat is getting pretty dense, are they different that the cookie baking group or is it the same?
Guess he's eased up on LuTR cause.... reasons???

He makes a few other posts about cookies and bakers that I think are irrelevant other than he sure didn't care to push LuTR.

But he ends up joining the group in lynching LUTR... he's the 5th vote...
So basically he voted LUTR rightly on a really bad post, never pushed it, was ignored and he focused elsewhere and even apologized over the arsonist thing, but then rejoined a bandwagon on LUTR when she already had 4 votes...

Done for the moment I need to shut my eyes, reviewing the next day later

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

We're 100% just guessing going into the end now and I'm really bummed out we didn't dunk AN yesterday. So frustrated.

For all I know Mithross might be scum since he's handing out BP vests and we know one went to GG, who Mithross commented literally zero upon. Doctor + BP items in the towns hands sound pretty unbalanced.

It's also worth noting that my vests, like all toys, are one shot, activated abilities. They aren't the usual passive bullet proof.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I have a roleblocking key that I haven't used yet, though, which is why I am wondering.

Chaoslord died n2, so with n0 he probably did make three keys. Two were used on BK, as far as we know. So yours is probably legit, especially if you got it in the first three nights. Three of the fake items are accounted for, which also is right (I think? I'm phone posting. I think we lynched LUTR the day after Chaoslord was kidnapped)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nothing going on here.

MMM was the only one not matched by AN, so let's see what happens to the game when it's all matched people.

##vote MMM

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
For the record, Quid, I got a vest night 0, and I said as much on Day 2.

##vote

Here's hoping we can trust ANarc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia Edit:

##vote MMM

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:redhammer:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
MMM was bussed out of the village.. MMM was your parents and you're sending them away on some cheap Summer Vacation because you just can't stand them... you think you should regret your actions but your Christmas in July was better than ever.

He was a member of the Naughty Fellows.

quote:

~Vanilla Scum
-Can make their own flavor.

All threats to the elves having their out-of-season Christmas have been eliminated. The kidnapped elves/Santa have been found locked away in a hidden cave and have been freed. Christmas will be celebrated in perpetuity.

Town Victory!
Mistletoe Individual Victory!

Master
Mafia Chat

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Naughty Fellows
  • Krampus - Ghastly Gangsta
  • The Grinch - Amnistar
  • Naughty Toymaker - Look Under The Rock
  • Vanilla - MMM
Elves
  • Santa - King Burgundy
  • Toymaker (Popguns) - Hazdoc
  • Toymaker (Vests) - Mithross
  • Toymaker (Doctor's Bags) - Quidnose
  • Toymaker (Keys) - Chaoslord
  • Innovative Toymaker - Bottleknight
  • Toy Inspector - Runaktla
  • Baker - Poison Mushroom
  • Baker - Kleedrac
Self Aligned
  • Jack Frost - Epsilon Plus
  • Mistletoe - AnonymousNarcotics

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roles that didn't flip:

quote:

~Elf Toymaker (Vests) (Nice-Aligned)
-As long as you're alive (and not roleblocked) during the day phase, you make a toy that Santa distributes you distribute to one of the good boys or girls each night.
-You make Bulletproof Vests!

~Elf Toymaker (Doctor Bags) (Nice-Aligned)
-As long as you're alive (and not roleblocked) during the day phase, you make a toy that Santa distributes you distribute to one of the good boys or girls each night.
-You make Doctor Bags!

~Elf Toy Inspector (Nice-Aligned)
-If you receive a fake toy, you unsabotage it and send it to Santa Claus to deliver the next night.

~Elf Baker (Nice-Aligned)
-Distribute two cookies to whoever you like at night.
-The town goes into famine if it no longer has a baker. Each player must have a cookie to survive to morning. Cookies are consumed passively.

~Mistletoe (Self-Aligned) (Nice)
-Chooses two people to put under the Mistletoe.
-If their alignments match, they will fall in love (not the lover mechanic) and be notified of their partner. (you're a faux investigative role for the town)
-Mistletoe wins when all living players are matched up together.
-You have a one-time Mafia Kill protection that does not need activating.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 18, 2015

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez guys, take forever why don't you!

Haha, kidding. Well done. Thanks for the game Met!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Called it! :toot:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Nice!

I was suspicious of MMM's claim, but didn't want to bring it up, because the only real case I had against it was a meta case, based on the last Met game I played (it had two arsonists, and only one firefighter, and the double arsonists still only managed two kills, so I wasn't sure he'd bother including an anti-arsonist this game). It would have read as super weak, or a scum play.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I was really stoked for this game, especially when I saw my role, but too much went wrong for scum right out of the gate.

AN's role was incredibly powerful. We were screwed with GG dead.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh man I was so worried we were going to lose this one.

Good game, everyone. Glad you were able to get the win, AN, since you were on our side. When you vanished I was so mad that you had screwed us~

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

I was really stoked for this game, especially when I saw my role, but too much went wrong for scum right out of the gate.

AN's role was incredibly powerful. We were screwed with GG dead.
It's a cool idea, but I think it'd be more balanced in a game with more 3P, or two different scum teams.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The scumdoc gets so sad. :(

GG, is this the part where I SELF-FELLATE YOU BUTT :v: (why do you hate me sooooo)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Speaking of ANarc's role: Was I correct that it matched naughty/nice and not town/scum?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know what? What the hell.

Ghastly Gangsta, Amnistar, Look Under The Rock and MMM Whatcha Say, I'm gonna go ahead and run a new Mafia game, and you four get first pick of roles, if you want to play, once I finalize the set-up. I know how discouraging it is to have cool roles and then have things pulled out from under you for reasons that aren't your fault.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
This was a fun game. I got discouraged a lot but still enjoyed it. Thanks for the game Met!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

The scumdoc gets so sad. :(

GG, is this the part where I SELF-FELLATE YOU BUTT :v: (why do you hate me sooooo)

Haha, I have to give you kudos and respect. I was salty because the vig felt personal, but you're an ace mafia player and I apologize. I don't hate you, I just have a tendency to overreact.

I was like "Quidnose is like a tenacious batman," then I looked at your avatar and went, "ahh"

You're good, and you played a good game. I followed this pretty closely. All of you did. Emotions ran high in places, but all in all everyone made this a good mafia game.

Good game all, thanks for running Met!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
i died, rip me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sorry for being a piece if poo poo at the end.

I especially apologize to runa and ANarc, who I trampled a whole bunch near the end as a last ditch effort to stay alive. It was me being scummy!

I uh, succeeded in giving you pause at least?

Oh and also sorry for lurking. It was hard to fake content in this game and really discouraging given that the scum team was constantly getting it's poo poo kicked in. Good work town, you guys were fearsome.

Especially you Quidnose, Jesus Christ

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 18, 2015

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Wait why did ANarc win if I wasn't matched up with anybody?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Good game :D

Thanks Quidnose for believing in me and leading us to a town victory - thanks AN for helping us out with her awesome mistletoe powers - thanks MMM for not making it easy for us even when >50% of the town was confirmed!

Well played :D

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The scum team could have been stronger in retrospect. It's hard to balance but I figured if they were getting town powers out of town hands they wouldn't need to be too individually beefy.

Not giving away the Fake Dayvig until the third night hurt them a lot though. Quid self-roleblocked on a fake toy the same night he got the Fake Dayvig which meant he couldn't use it until Day 4 at the earliest. LUTR was voted out Day 3 which revealed the Fake Dayvig.

I did like the plan to give Runaktla the Fake Dayvig to fix it. Didn't expect that at this point. The Toy Inspector was a weak townie role (which the town evidently needed) with the chance to get powers in the game that were not put in by me. LUTR could have made a Lightning Rod item, for example, and it would have been made real by the Toy Inspector if he had gotten it.

The Innovative Toymaker was my balancer. I didn't tell him this, but I was going to give him better innovations based on how screwed the town got. This didn't end up occuring though.

AnonNarc only didn't have MMM (Scum) and Poison Mushroom (Town, match nightkilled) matched up. If I made her stay there's no way she would have won and there were plenty of oppurtunities for her to fail previously regardless. I thought it gave scum the best chance to just remove her from the game completely without revealing her flip.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 18, 2015

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Neato, also yea MMM no hard feelings its just a game.

Loved it, Met, another A++ game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I think I'm done playing game for a month or two at least

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Lots of little things I noticed that I shouldn't have done as well. The Toymakers shouldn't have gotten the same smiley. They could have easily confirmed a couple of each other before the first Toymaker flip.

If the Bakers died early, this game would have been a real let down. If I do bakers again, I'll probably design the game completely around that.

Planning out my next game now, but it probably won't be ready to go until next month just due to RL issues over the next couple weeks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I was so excited to be Santa and so sad to get eliminated on N1. I predicted the sadness in my N1 PM to Met as well.

In case anyone was curious, here were my gifts:

N0 I chose based on people I "know".
Distribute toys:
-Vest (Bulletproof) - Poison Mushroom
-Doctor Bag (Doctor) - Bowmore
-Key (Roleblock) - Little Mac
-Binoculars (Watcher) - Anonymous Narcotics

N1 I decided to reward the top posters in the thread:
Toys to:
BulletproofVest Ghastly Gangsta
Doctor's Bag to Bottleknight
Roleblocker's Key to Kleedrac
Megaphone to Look Under The Rock
Dayvig Popgun to Quidnose

Even though I had decided I was rewarding all the top posters, I also made sure to pick the targets as well as possible. I figured Quid would use the Dayvig the best, for example.

And I was copping Epsilon plus on N1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You made your choices well, KingB. That game could have gone very differently if you'd given someone else the dayvig.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I really enjoyed this game! It was the right balance of setup speculation being fun and relevant without being a total red herring distraction.

I got really lucky with the Rainbow Shell roleblocking me because I think there was a good chance I would have gotten all triggerhappy with the fake vig before I put two and two together and realized our vigmaker had been dead for a while and it was probably something bad for me.

Apologies if I dominated stuff too much, I'm on summer vacation and I'm spending my days mostly playing Binding of Isaac and watching Netflix between the other poo poo I need to do so it was really easy to get really invested in this game :v:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think the only thing that made my role so powerful is the fact that I happened to make really successful matches. Every pair I submitted was correct. I'm glad I got away with pretending to be town for so long. I know if I had been investigated it would have said nice, so that's why I felt I could use it to my advantage.

I didn't see if met answered this, but no, quid, the matches had to be town with town, 3p with 3p, scum with scum. If I had tried to match Epsilon and Lutr for example, it would have failed.

I really enjoyed this game! I love unique mechanics and this game had a ton of them. Thanks Met for not only inviting me, but basically bribing me to play :P I had a great time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh yeah I also happened to protect you the Night they tried to NK you, AN, because I trusted you, you jerk. But it worked out for everyone :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Oh yeah I also happened to protect you the Night they tried to NK you, AN, because I trusted you, you jerk. But it worked out for everyone :v:

Wait actually I don't think that's true at all, never the gently caress mind. LOL.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Good job town, you guys deserved the win.

Yea, I decided to take a break and only came back because I was asked, and the reason I took the break still existed. I apologize for lurking, I thought I'd be able to get around it but tragically no. I'll check back in a month or two when my life has calmed down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Met posted:

Lots of little things I noticed that I shouldn't have done as well. The Toymakers shouldn't have gotten the same smiley. They could have easily confirmed a couple of each other before the first Toymaker flip.

If the Bakers died early, this game would have been a real let down. If I do bakers again, I'll probably design the game completely around that.

Planning out my next game now, but it probably won't be ready to go until next month just due to RL issues over the next couple weeks.

This is why I was so damned paranoid - I was waiting for an early baker flip and the scumteam to just get the bakers out and watch the town starve :P

• Locked thread