Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I think it's about time we all address the elephant in the room. That being videogames in our news media. It has been to long since someone spoke out in earnest about the mistreatment our news media is receiving. No longer are they able to point to hooker murder, or rapid genocide of specific raced peoples as evidence of videogamings degeneration of American values. Now, as videogame developers are evolving with the times, reporters are forced to adapt in ways they should never have to.

Prompting this was the recent coverage done by Fox News over popular video game DarkSouls. One poor correspondent was forced to bring to light the fact that the game had the word dark in the title to tie it into race relations.

As such I propose Ten Key factors all Videogame developers must include in there games before they can be released to the general public.

1. A kickin' rad demon (leather jacket a plus) tempting a wayward teen away from his good christian upbringing. (As a note please refrain from portraying the teen as "urban" as this may give the wrong message to our viewers)

2. A hot titty girl doing drugs behind a dumpster with the words STREET above her head.

3. A man working on a sunday. (Preferably working at a location that is already frowned upon, such as a bar or soup kitchen)

4. A hot titty lady with a nice butt asking the main character if they want a good time.

5. A thinly veiled attempt at approaching gay rights in a respectful manner. (Hopefully done in an attempt to normalize the relationship)

6. A policeman who you can be mean to, or shoot.

7. A news anchor with a small penis who doesn't love his wife anymore. (Maybe named Breadd Jarrett we really need to use the word slander and libel more this season)

8. A character with a complex moral standing on even more complex hotbutton issues.

9. A character who is a lady, that just refuses to settle down and start a family.

10. A character who works at an abortion clinic.

I know it's a lot to ask from you guys, but hopefully together we can help create a more inclusive environment, instead of you shutting down our attempts to create a meaningful dialogue by demonizing your artform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
*farts* tootle-oo~

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i have an issue with your post op

its that it sucks

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

dumb and/or gay op

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

satanic splash-back posted:

i have an issue with your post op

its that it sucks

I have a problem with your face. In that I want to kiss it.

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
We should make videogames that don't have characters, just crosses and the sounds of church bells.
You better loving believe it's a white church tho

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

gas

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

im not going to read that op because i already know that the media thinks games are all still on the atari 2600.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
dinosaurs need news coverage, too

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
its very problematic

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I was very surprised today when I turned on my television to fox news and the programming on this so called 'news channel' was deliberately misrepresenting facts so I can empthaize with you, OP; it should be outlawed imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

realtalk, i don't get how movies released in the past 2 years or so will have all these references to cultural/political events that happened in recent memory and still presume that people nowadays are still excited to play the latest xbox 360 title. this has been a thing as far as i've cared to remember.

• Locked thread