Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Parallax Scroll posted:

while i prefer zelda 1, zelda 2 is also nice

zelda 1 had rad ideas and great music but it was clunky and pales in comparison to a lot of its antecedents (that were until 64 veeeeery similar in overall play to z1)

zelda 2 is like they had this wildly popular game and decided for shits and giggles to make the sequel play entirely differently. parts of it work, parts of it don't, but drat if it's not an ambitious game

but yeah both are great for their day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Parallax Scroll posted:

while i prefer zelda 1, zelda 2 is also nice

yeah

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UfDvWgJSnI

nifty jumps

go weegee

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

I wonder how many hours of his life this guy spent trying to beat smb2 in under ten minutes

probably a lot

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I wonder how many hours of his life this guy spent trying to beat smb2 in under ten minutes

probably a lot

yeah but i'm impressed, those were some sick jumps.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
hell, same

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bluemillion posted:

I strongly disagree with your opinion, sir.
hrm. reasonable. let me rephrase my opinion:

zelda 2 is the worst zelda but has the best gameplay

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's too bad birdo's name didn't end up in an aeris-situation

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

probably a lot
we all spend hours of our lives doing tasks, ether it be this or sucking on mayonnaise packets

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
All my friends called the bullet shooting shy guys jiggaboo lips. Im not even sure i knew it was racist or wrong at the time there weren't any black people in the town. It probably came from someones racist father or older brother. Still to to this day when i see one or play the game i think jiggaboo lips

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

burritolingus posted:

If I remember right, this happens after you beat Star Road, and it also replaces shells with Mario heads.

It's number of paths, not percent. World had something like 94 or 96 paths. I used to think you could get 100, too, but it just doesn't happen.

its exits, and the maximum is 96. you know when you've got 100% because the colour of your save file turns a different colour.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Nonviolent J posted:

we all spend hours of our lives doing tasks, ether it be this or sucking on mayonnaise packets

yeah but I think sucking on mayonnaise packets would be more fun than playing smb2 over and over and over again trying first to memorise it then determine the absolute fastest route through the game and then trying to execute that route in the fastest possible time

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

raditts posted:

Super Mario 2j is like a lovely rom hack of the original and they made the right decision not releasing it here.
The most time anyone should ever waste with it is watching this guy play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g30RtkoByw

This dude was the best part of this year's AGDQ.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

All my friends called the bullet shooting shy guys jiggaboo lips. Im not even sure i knew it was racist or wrong at the time there weren't any black people in the town. It probably came from someones racist father or older brother. Still to to this day when i see one or play the game i think jiggaboo lips

they are called Snifits
:goonsay:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

raditts posted:

Super Mario 2j is like a lovely rom hack of the original and they made the right decision not releasing it here.
The most time anyone should ever waste with it is watching this guy play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g30RtkoByw

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
second life is cool and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

so i still want to know what gettin brain from that egg sucker feels like

• Locked thread