Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

this is absolutely hosed up. what a goddamn horrible disaster. my burrito was slimy and I'm not used to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Same thing happened to one close to me too OP. Rip

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

Same thing happened to one close to me too OP. Rip

I believe it has to do with the natural lifespan of the mexican restaurant. this one was founded in 1980 so i can only assume it reached the end of its natural life span.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Health inspector probably started cracking down and now they have to do things the "safe" and "healthy" way.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

that is not a real taco on that flag

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
The problem. is, was and always shall be... brown people. Right?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Frog Act posted:

it's in a taco shell idiot

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TEAH SYAG posted:

The problem. is, was and always shall be... brown people. Right?

wrong. a greek person bought the restaurant and it stopped being genuine. or at least i assume that's what happened because greeks own tons of restaurants around here.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mexican restaurants are known to do this, im sorry for your loss op

i had a delicious local place with great salsa verse but then one day they stopped serving it and then the next month they were out of business.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Frog Act posted:

wrong. a greek person bought the restaurant and it stopped being genuine. or at least i assume that's what happened because greeks own tons of restaurants around here.

loving Greeks. Ruining the EU and now this.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

smoobles posted:

Mexican restaurants are known to do this, im sorry for your loss op

i had a delicious local place with great salsa verse but then one day they stopped serving it and then the next month they were out of business.

why do mexican places do this when other ethnic restaurants remain dank & delicious perpetually

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

RaceBannon posted:

loving Greeks. Ruining the EU and now this.

loving geeks.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
So you have one bad experience and you give up on the place? Are you my dad?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

well, there's always taco bell

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

taco bell should make a bell shaped taco. Or is that just a taco salad? damnit

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Frog Act posted:

why do mexican places do this when other ethnic restaurants remain dank & delicious perpetually

no idea, the best theory i can up with is a cultural trend toward thriftiness (business is growing, we must now cut costs) honestly it's upsetting to me even to think about my favorite mexican restaurant that self sabotaged and went out of business

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

notZaar posted:

it's been declining in quality for about a year but honestly i couldn't face up to it until now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
that sucks. as long as it's not a one-time bad experience though. every restraunt can gently caress up once in a blue moon.

tbh a lot of weekend chefs arent the best chefs. i remember in like one of anthony bourdains book, he talks about how the head chef will schedule people they don't like to work on sunday and they'll takes the day off.

you should just find another where 90% of the patrons are mexican

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 28, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my favorite place has been in business since 1946

its drat good

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Frog Act posted:

chingadera im told

op a yankee im betting

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

notZaar posted:

In my old town there was this really nice little Mexican place that had amazing food. I loved to go there, but one time we had to wait super long for our food for some reason. Dunno why, they served us just fine every other time we went there. Despite it only happening once my family basically never wanted to go there again and complained anytime I even suggested it.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

I live in London. I recently spent £50 on a very short mediocre Mexican meal. I am now broke for the rest of the month. It sucks :(

electrigger
Dec 18, 2005

so gay and you don't even like boys
My theory is typically the founding mom and pop retire and the restaurant is left to the kiddies who don't really want to take over but don't have any other options for making a living. They know they can make just as much money usually by just shoveling out Sysco food truck frozen crap as with carefully prepared stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

maybe they grew enough so that the whole family didnt have to be there 24/7 so now the mom isnt making those delicious burritos an the daughter isnt making the salsa by hand

• Locked thread