Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
also scrapple the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
ah yes this looks very appetisi:barf:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

its entirely to do with the bread

No poo poo.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

NotWearingPants posted:

Cincinnati apparently has something similar called Goetta but it's made with oats rather than corn meal and I've never tried it.

he is also a cool guy and good poster

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I've had it.

I was not impressed but I'd try it again.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Necros posted:

he is also a cool guy and good poster

who? Cincinnati?

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I cant believe the sheeple who eat this crap. It straight up gives you diarrhea GUARNTEED!

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
INGREDIENTS: PORK STOCK, PORK, PORK SKINS, CORN MEAL, PORK LIVERS, WHEAT FLOUR, PORK FAT, PORK HEARTS, SALT, SPICES.

I bet homemade scrapple is good but mass produced scrapple is probably factory floor sweepings.

e: and mop water

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I cant believe the sheeple who eat this crap. It straight up gives you diarrhea GUARNTEED!

that is so a lie!

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Maybe just don't have a little baby stomach that can't handle a little ground up scrap meat and binders pressed into a block.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

In south korea, Hormel hired a marketing director to respin Spam as a high end America delicacy. They sell it for a lot of money in gift boxes and baskets, almost exactly how those Hickory farm sausage people do. I've seen this with my own eyes for years. Now I dont trust those sausages

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

In south korea, Hormel hired a marketing director to respin Spam as a high end America delicacy. They sell it for a lot of money in gift boxes and baskets, almost exactly how those Hickory farm sausage people do. I've seen this with my own eyes for years. Now I dont trust those sausages

hickory farm summer sausage is an awesome snack

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

hickory farm summer sausage is an awesome snack

just like spam... think about it

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
drat, I miss scrapple. I'd just fry it and eat it plain. Combining it with other stuff would take away the magic.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

huskarl_marx posted:

ah yes this looks very appetisi:barf:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Plexiwatt posted:

INGREDIENTS: PORK STOCK, PORK, PORK SKINS, CORN MEAL, PORK LIVERS, WHEAT FLOUR, PORK FAT, PORK HEARTS, SALT, SPICES.

I bet homemade scrapple is good but mass produced scrapple is probably factory floor sweepings.

e: and mop water

I once saw a recipe for scrapple in an old cookbook that began "Scrape the inside of the Hog's skull"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

I once saw a recipe for scrapple in an old cookbook that began "Scrape the inside of the Hog's skull"

It still tastes great

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
it's basically a more bland version of livermush, so still fairly tasty but you're missing out

kinda like bacon vs hog jowl

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i might pick some of that poo poo up if it's like a buck for a package

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

It ain't liver mush.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
itt poors talk about scrub-tier sustenance

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Robbie Fowler posted:

itt poors talk about scrub-tier sustenance

It's a cultural connection to our ancestors who mostly ate entrails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
delaware native here, we have a scrapple fest. my family recipe is just boil the poo poo out of a mess of pork neck bones, mix in corn meal and water, put that poo poo in a greased bread loaf pan, then cut it into slices and put it on the griddle. we eat it with maple syrup.

i've seen people around the world making poo poo out of pig parts. someone mentioned goetta, and i lived in worked in the south, and they'll make some poo poo similar to scrapple using hominy. gently caress, i was in georgia and armenia and they made some poo poo like scrapple there, too. i was once among the svani people, in georgia. they have some weird customs. they're still pretty tribal there. some dude you crash at will offer you one of his women and they'll let you feel them up and poo poo and spend the night with you, but no loving unless they initiate it.

i like scrapple

• Locked thread