Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you're telling me you paid for international shipping of kinder eggs just to throw the chocolate away and play with the plastic children's toys inside i'm pretty sure you are the retard here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

SOmeone help that poor egg he is choking on something that he thought was food!!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Moridin920 posted:

you're telling me you paid for international shipping of kinder eggs just to throw the chocolate away and play with the plastic children's toys inside i'm pretty sure you are the retard here

lol if you buy kinder eggs for the lovely chocolate

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Man arrested for smuggling contraband had 14 kinder eggs up his rear end

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i think a lot of americans think kinder eggs are good chocolate because it's from europe where good chocolate comes from, but it's actually poo poo tier chocolate

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
A Box which is 120cm * 60cm * 60 cm costs 35€ from Germany to the US. Couldn't find the measurements, but lets say an egg is 6cm high and 4cm wide, that should be at least.....300 eggs?
Paypal me 335€ lets say 300€ and I'll send them to you. Of course the box and eggs will be crushed when it arrives. If customs won't confiscate it.

Edit: Willing to send a box of good chocolate for a hundred and you just order some cheap plastic toys from china.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

LordArgh posted:

i think a lot of americans think kinder eggs are good chocolate because it's from europe where good chocolate comes from, but it's actually poo poo tier chocolate

it's poo poo tier chocolate for small dumb kids

dont even know if they sell them here anymore

why the hell are americans interested in this lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it is poo poo tier EUROPEAN chocolate which means it is still way fuckin better than 95% of american chocolate

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
People got used to Hershey milk chocolate tasting like spoiled milk and so now even though industry regs prevent them from using milk that's gone bad they just add stuff to give it the classic sour tang.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

If a guy went to those lengths to bring me a Kinder Surprise Egg I'd probably appreciate the effort, but have to kindly decline eating nor even owning something that he kept up his anus.

Also, there are other companies that make small magnetic ball sets, and you can still buy Bucky Balls. I guess the company just isn't making any new ones, and is selling the remaining stock, or other people are selling them. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrBccoC0lM

Space Robot fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 30, 2015

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Zzulu posted:

It's a desire for the forbidden.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

People got used to Hershey milk chocolate tasting like spoiled milk and so now even though industry regs prevent them from using milk that's gone bad they just add stuff to give it the classic sour tang.

It's impressive how poorly informed you are

Like so consistently wrong

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
We used to fill one half of the plastic egg with baking soda and one with vinegar, and then seal it shut. Now use it as an icky bomb! Two toys in one!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Water also works but yeah, vinegar is deffo better. We used to do that all the time at school.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Zzulu posted:

you get chocolate AND a toy. it's a great deal

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

genesplicer posted:

The fine is something like $2000 per egg if you are caught "smuggling" them into the country. The sad thing is, since ignorance of the law is no excuse, if you had no idea and didn't get rid of them in the contraband dumper at the airport, you could get hit with a huge fine for bringing in what seems to be a fun treat for the grandkids or something. Hopefully, the customs person would not be a dick and would just confiscate them, but what if he's had a bad day?

I don't get it, I thought that a few years ago, they "legalised" them?

I don't know where all the cool Kinder eggs came from, when I was little, they were full of poo poo, sadly. Usually a terrible little car or something. I thought it was kinda funny that nowadays those little cars are already built, even here in the UK people are scared of the kids choking on stuff!

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
US has no kinder surprise, no blackcurrant jam, bad chocolate, even US version of Nutella tastes terrible. Why didn't you start a revolution yet?

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Mange Mite posted:

It's impressive how poorly informed you are

Like so consistently wrong

care to enlighten us?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Un chien andalou posted:

care to enlighten us?

the fermented flavor of hersheys milk chocolate is due to their production process and not spoiled milk. the 'hershey process' is a trade secret, but it's known that it hasn't actually changed significantly even now. some other american chocolate makers actually do add butyrate to their chocolate, but hershey does not. probably the reason is that the sugar and milk solids are processed and cooled in such a way that causes lipolysis or partial fermentation before the cocoa is added - likely similar to taffy-makign but with milk included during the process. this process makes production easier but causes the milk to break down differently and you get more butyrate and related sour compounds, many of which are formed when milk ferments. this also means you can use older milk without affectign the flavor, which also lowers costs, but the actual spoiled taste is primarily due to the process and not the ingredients

euro chocolate snobs lookign down on hersheys is kind of silly when much of europe (e.g. france) intentionally ferments their other dairy products like butter because they want that same butyrate flavor

that dude heard a few random facts and made up an explanation which he presents as real, which is pretty much his gimmick

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 30, 2015

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Yeah but Hershey's actually tastes like puke and I've never had any chocolate In the UK that does.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Pyromancer posted:

US has no kinder surprise, no blackcurrant jam, bad chocolate, even US version of Nutella tastes terrible. Why didn't you start a revolution yet?

wtf this guy even saying? Speak english ya fruit

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Serotonin posted:

Yeah but Hershey's actually tastes like puke and I've never had any chocolate In the UK that does.

cadbury's process uses condensed milk as its dairy base. they also do more processing to try and reduce volatiles and short-chain FAs like butyrate. hershey's starts with more of a milk taffy, which breaks down the fats in the milk more making it taste fermented or sour.

a lot of the euro brands use dehydrated milk products, which gives another different flavor.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 30, 2015

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Mange Mite posted:

cadbury's process uses condensed milk as its dairy base. they also do more processing to try and reduce volatiles and short-chain FAs like butyrate. hershey's starts with more of a milk taffy, which breaks down the fats in the milk more making it taste fermented or sour.

a lot of the euro brands use dehydrated milk products, which gives another different flavor.

you some kind of chocolate scientist or something?

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Pyromancer posted:

Nutella is better in Europe! It can be better?!?!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i had kinder eggs as a child, and i did not choke. there were toys like four pieces of plastic that you put together to make a tow truck. it was okay.

sometimes i popped the whole egg into my mouth and let it melt down around the plastic capsule and then took the capsule out like some magical transmutation occured in my mouth

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i had kinder eggs as a child, and i did not choke. there were toys like four pieces of plastic that you put together to make a tow truck. it was okay.

sometimes i popped the whole egg into my mouth and let it melt down around the plastic capsule and then took the capsule out like some magical transmutation occured in my mouth

You got a big mouth. Like literally.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Deathface posted:

You got a big mouth. Like literally.

i never did a comparative study but it's cool if i do, we are all different in our special ways

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Broken Machine posted:

If you're worried about your kids choking on them, you can just administer them as suppositories, it's 100% safe.

Cue British gutter press article about some guy's arse having throbbed for 40 years, then one day he's scatching it and out pops a plastic egg remnant.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Kinder Surprise is awesome!

I never cared for toys but little plastic capsules they came in are pretty cool, I could always find a use for them like storing dead flies or whatnot.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Un chien andalou posted:

I was wondering that too

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Un chien andalou posted:

neil degrasse tyson

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

the fermented flavor of hersheys milk chocolate is due to their production process and not spoiled milk. the 'hershey process' is a trade secret, but it's known that it hasn't actually changed significantly even now. some other american chocolate makers actually do add butyrate to their chocolate, but hershey does not. probably the reason is that the sugar and milk solids are processed and cooled in such a way that causes lipolysis or partial fermentation before the cocoa is added - likely similar to taffy-makign but with milk included during the process. this process makes production easier but causes the milk to break down differently and you get more butyrate and related sour compounds, many of which are formed when milk ferments. this also means you can use older milk without affectign the flavor, which also lowers costs, but the actual spoiled taste is primarily due to the process and not the ingredients

euro chocolate snobs lookign down on hersheys is kind of silly when much of europe (e.g. france) intentionally ferments their other dairy products like butter because they want that same butyrate flavor

that dude heard a few random facts and made up an explanation which he presents as real, which is pretty much his gimmick

You realize fermenting just means that something is going bad in a controlled manner right? If you leave your milk in your fridge too long it will ferment on it's own and make among other things butyric acid, which is that sour tang that Hershey's intentionally gets into their recipes. My bad about saying they add stuff for it, they make it as part of the process though that's entirely different.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Kinder eggs own. When I was a kid my parents would bribe us with them to stay quiet in church. The only reason I went to church was to get my kinder surprise, so I guess they saved my immortal soul.

gently caress the ones with puzzles inside though :argh: Those were Gods punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I had a couple of those hippos. I really liked the animal sets like that. There were pool hippos, Egyptian cats, snow bunnies, and beach gators. I liked displaying them all as if they were having a party together. :)

Some of the more recent toys aren't as cool, but I did pick up a lot of the Disney Princess ones from a while back. They were way better quality than the ones in the actual Disney brand eggs. They had eggs with Avengers toys in them too.

Kinder egg chocolate is also good. I enjoy eating the chocolate.

• Locked thread