Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

jesus people that's why you have two pockets

right pocket = keys
left pocket = phone

it's not hard

seriously.

or the mongoloids that put their phone in their back pocket.

yeah, it's broken because you sat on it, you dumb gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sniep posted:

right pocket = keys
left pocket = phone

it's not hard

its this hth

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

im the opposite, phone in right and keys in left but its all the same poo poo

phone spergin itt

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

im the opposite, phone in right and keys in left but its all the same poo poo

phone spergin itt

same

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sniep posted:

right pocket = keys
left pocket = phone

it's not hard

lol seriously this but i use the opposite pockets

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

also never EVER put your wallet in your front pocket jesus gently caress

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Skarp posted:

why

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pissflaps posted:

it works every single time for me without fail

i would need proof of this because i've never seen it happen in the wild

in fairness, i do also work with people who Do Labor and the fact that their hands are dirty may be a factor

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DaNzA posted:

or that if your hand is grubby or dirty

also apparently individual touchid sensor has a specific hardware serial/key that's tied to each phone

because when some idiot broke and cracked their touchid sensor by having the phone and keys in the same pocket, the shady repair place told them that the button can only be swapped with a non-touchid button or another touchid button but it will be non-functioning because only the original sensor would work with the phone
i cracked the screen on my 5S and the Apple store just swapped out the screen for a new one (with integrated touchid). i still had the same phone with the same serial number

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

it works every single time for me without fail

same, pissflaps

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Skarp posted:

Lol@u

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

DaNzA posted:

or that if your hand is grubby or dirty

also apparently individual touchid sensor has a specific hardware serial/key that's tied to each phone

because when some idiot broke and cracked their touchid sensor by having the phone and keys in the same pocket, the shady repair place told them that the button can only be swapped with a non-touchid button or another touchid button but it will be non-functioning because only the original sensor would work with the phone

"shady repair place." hmmmmmmmmmmm

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

still hoping the iPhone 7 will be a 4s with new guts.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

still hoping the iPhone 7 will be a 4s with new guts.

Why not hope it comes with a unicorn while you're at it lolololol

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

maniacdevnull posted:

Why not hope it comes with a unicorn while you're at it lolololol

:(

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you can tell that the iphone is great by how people immediately want to replace it with the next one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boxturret posted:

you can tell that the iphone is great by how people immediately want to replace it with the next one

once a year is still 3-4 times less often than android users

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I had the original iPhone running IPhone OS. It did firmware updates.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

once a year is still 3-4 times less often than android users

lol that you believe that

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

my favorite story is the time the iphone shipped with a major hardware design flaw and steve told his customers to hold the phone in a different manner LOL

mine is the time I bought that phone and used it for 3 years and never had any reception problems or dropped calls. and it still works great to this day

it's almost like the "problem" was ridiculously exaggerated by worthless tech blogs and apple detractors desperate for a reason to validate their existence after their precious Androids got dumpstered by the iphones amazing retina display beautiful design and unparalleled craftsmanship

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

THC posted:

mine is the time I bought that phone and used it for 3 years and never had any reception problems or dropped calls. and it still works great to this day

it's almost like the "problem" was ridiculously exaggerated by worthless tech blogs and apple detractors desperate for a reason to validate their existence after their precious Androids got dumpstered by the iphones amazing retina display beautiful design and unparalleled craftsmanship

:qqsay:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have an anroid phone and its a piece of poo poo

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

THC posted:

nah i went from a 3g to a 5s and i definitely had to learn to hold it different because the call would choke out and sound all lovely otherwise

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

THC posted:

sounds kinda like bendghazi

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Triglav posted:

nah i went from a 3g to a 5s and i definitely had to learn to hold it different because the call would choke out and sound all lovely otherwise

the 5S didn't use the case as an antenna, try again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lots of purchase defending itt

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Doc Block posted:

the 5S didn't use the case as an antenna, try again.

well whatever antenna changes they did between the 3g and the 5s could have been better then. maybe it's just the 4g lte antenna that's poo poo and the 3g one is still good? i don't know. i don't care. i just talk on the phone. some android dude can be the one to try out-engineering some sperglord whose lifeblood is cell antennas, going to cell antenna trade shows for their cell antenna fan site

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Smythe posted:

lots of purchase defending itt

nice projection there sigmund freud

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dirk Pitt posted:

lol

the iphones amazing retina display beautiful design and unparalleled craftsmanship<a normal person about a phone

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

huh?

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

he's talking about the samsung galaxy beam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHaZplEcwY

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Triglav posted:

he's talking about the samsung galaxy beam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNHaZplEcwY
ahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhhahahhahahh

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
god I hate that Galaxy Beam commercial where the guy and his kids are camping in Montana or something and they're watching a movie on the inside of their tent, then it shows an outside shot and the sky looks absolutely magnificent BUT NO THESE FUCKTARDS CAN'T NOT WATCH TV FOR 5 loving SECONDS TO APPRECIATE IT.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
theyre just running down the battery so they can start camping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
wasnt avatar bundled into sarnsung beam

• Locked thread