Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Harrison is a medical miracle and I hope the Phillies give him a real shot because he's earned the poo poo out of it. Dude just wants to pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Harrison is a medical miracle and I hope the Phillies give him a real shot because he's earned the poo poo out of it. Dude just wants to pitch.

Given their current rotation, if he can pitch at all he's going to get a chance.

Of course if the Phillies can keep up the pace they've set since the break, a wildcard spot is probably within reach. (Maybe - playing .800+ ball the rest of the way would still only give them 87-88 wins)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

a rowdy mullet posted:

uhh, yeah you could say he's had some back issues.. I was surprised to hear that he made it back at all after spinal fusion, this must have been a pure salary relief agreement because he's probably one more injury from being done. If Amaro thought he was getting a useful piece back he should be fired into the sun.

Holy poo poo.

I heard a rumor that the Phillies took on Harrison so the Rangers would throw in another prospect or two, which I guess is the only way that it makes any sense.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mentholmoose posted:

Holy poo poo.

I heard a rumor that the Phillies took on Harrison so the Rangers would throw in another prospect or two, which I guess is the only way that it makes any sense.

Yeah it was nice evidence to me that the rejiggered FO is interested in doing this right.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

The Nards Pan posted:

Given their current rotation, if he can pitch at all he's going to get a chance.

Of course if the Phillies can keep up the pace they've set since the break, a wildcard spot is probably within reach. (Maybe - playing .800+ ball the rest of the way would still only give them 87-88 wins)

It's a nice though but we all know the Phillies are going to play just well enough to give the #1 pick to the Marlins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It's August!

• Locked thread