Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Are people still having issues with signing up as Labour supporters? I'm just asking because despite having to put my billing address rather than the one on the electoral roll through I've apparently been accepted with no issues - just got an email telling me when and how to vote (both addresses are in the same constituency).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tdrules
Jan 12, 2014

ukle posted:

Complete aside but if you haven't seen it already -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b063s4gx/bbc-proms-2015-season-radio-1-ibiza-prom

BBC Ibiza Prom's - Royal Albert hall, Heritage Orchestra playing classic dance songs

Its things like this only the BBC can do, and the reason why it needs to be left alone.

John Whittingdale was singing the praises of this funnily enough.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Phoon posted:

Because the things other candidates say are awful and people hate them

Good point.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

tdrules posted:

John Whittingdale was singing the praises of this funnily enough.

I inadvertently agreed with John Whittingdale. I feel wrong.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Prince John posted:

Are Labour councils particularly corrupt compared to the rest? There's quite a comedy list right here for a single borough.

I suspect London councils are particularly corrupt (particularly with the urban regeneration/property stuff referenced) and London councils have a tendency to be Labour.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Prince John posted:

So do we (Gurkhas) and the French (Foreign Legion).

I suspect a random Polish or Nigerian or whatever dude wouldn't have much luck getting into the Gurkhas, though.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Glasgow Council is pretty awful, though that might be due to being run by one party for 35 years as much as being run by Labour.

Bozza posted:

Surely FULL CORBYNISM is the best?

this was what I was planning, tbh

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

feedmegin posted:

I suspect a random Polish or Nigerian or whatever dude wouldn't have much luck getting into the Gurkhas, though.

Most Nepalis don't even qualify - they only recruit among Tamangs, Gurungs and Magars - about 20% of Nepal's population.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

I suspect London councils are particularly corrupt (particularly with the urban regeneration/property stuff referenced) and London councils have a tendency to be Labour.
City councils are usually some mixture of corrupt and incompetent. City councils are usually Labour.

County councils have their fair share of passive aggressiveness, favoritism, good old boys club activity, etc., but it is of a different type and a different scale. It's hard to be as corrupt when you're in the middle of a field, although there's a good share of backroom dealing over land sales for houses. County councils tend to be a mix of conservative, liberal, and independents.

e:

Angepain posted:

this was what I was planning, tbh
I was going to go with They See Me Corbyn, They Hatin'

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jul 31, 2015

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

"Support Corbyn? I've Never Corbed In My Life."

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Corbyn? I hardly know him!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

e: poo poo it's been done :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Corbyn' all over the world.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Simply "Imagine"

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

Simply "Imagine"

Why not 'IMAGINE FULL CORBYNISM'

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Stormin' Corbyn!

M for Mushroom
Jan 1, 2006

new york london paris munich
Well I just completely hosed up the one job interview I've managed to get in months of trying.

Back to graduate unemployment with me! :smithicide:

I hope FULL CORBYNISM comes with FULL CORBYNPLOYMENT before the Tories send me off to the camps or something

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
New thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734026

In response to extensive consultation with the people, I've decided to do things government style and just go ahead with what I was planning to do anyway.

Guavanaut posted:

This was very tempting, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Edit: moved to new thread

• Locked thread