Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
There was an interview with Asuka's VA about the new anime and someone got tidbits from it:

-The storyline of "Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Yoma Arc-" is a new, original story, which takes inspiration from all of the games.
-Takaki himself comes up with the original ideas for the story, and Kitajima-san writes the screenplay from those ideas. Thus, the writing for the anime is being done by the exact same people who thought of the stories in the games.
-Unlike the first TV series, character's breasts will finally have full exposure! (Thus, naturally, most Japanese TV broadcasts will feature a particular dazzling light.)
-Takaki wants as many of the characters to appear as possible, since he knows there are fans of every character.
-During Shinobi Transformations, the girls will become totally naked during process of the transformations.
-During recording, Hitomi Harada and Yumi Hara both sit side-by-side toward the center. As both Asuka and Yumi are the protagonists of this story.
-Yumi Hara has dreamed of Yumi getting to appear in a TV anime ever since Shinovi Versus (which came out while the 2013 series was in the middle of airing). So it's a dream that's finally come true, and she hopes that everyone will enjoy seeing Yumi in the new anime, where she'll be bursting with just as much charm as the games.
-Hitomi Harada has been voicing Asuka for such a long time, through so many different iterations from all the various games and even the 2013 anime. She takes something from every experience voicing Asuka and does her best to bring that out in her performance of the character. She's very excited to be playing Asuka in an anime again, and hopes everyone will enjoy seeing her again, and all the new developments surrounding her character in this story

:rip: Homura and any attempt from the series to being something more than fanservice.

https://akiba-souken.com/article/35775/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
So they're gonna Valkyrie Drive it. That is extremely disappointing, albeit not unexpected. Ah well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Fubuki character sheet

https://twitter.com/kagura_tv/status/1037274931715657728

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
XSEED is doing an SK live stream this week and is taking votes on which game to play.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1037431769962754048?s=19

PBS in the lead thus far.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
https://twitter.com/senran_kaguraPR/status/1037900816303054848?s=19

Shiki Halloween theme for PS4. I have a mighty need.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

drat. I thought the Murasaki one they posted earlier today was cute but that one's something else.

Unfortunately that got me to check out their twitter feed which lead to me seeing more of those flat, lifeless character designs for the new anime. It's a real shame that a series with as much personality as SK got that bad an adaptation.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Unfortunately that got me to check out their twitter feed which lead to me seeing more of those flat, lifeless character designs for the new anime. It's a real shame that a series with as much personality as SK got that bad an adaptation.
Yeah, there's a lot about the new anime that I'm not happy about. The general art and animation are just very flat and stiff. SK thrives a lot on its flashy appeal so I'm really not sure why they went with this studio.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheap probably

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

Cheap probably
That's my assumption as well. But, who knows. Maybe we'll be surprised.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if there are Japanese animation studios that refuse to do bare boobs or if they charge more due to the more limited distribution.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was not expecting new link to have a Budweiser event

huh

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

U-DO Burger posted:

I was not expecting new link to have a Budweiser event

huh
Excuse me?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Xan_Keizah/status/1039347452187357185?s=19

there's also a route 66 diner aesthetic going on

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cast list for the new anime

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-09-10/new-senran-kagura-anime-returning-cast-listed/.136610

Pretty much EV's cast plus the three girls from New Link, minus Dai, Rin, Ryouki and Jasmine

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Oh, so its like a booth babe thing. Got it. I thought it was something official with Budweiser and was really thrown off for a minute. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread.

I have some bad news about this thread and I personally am making a decision to close it after it was brought up by some concerned posters.

It seems the thread was created in 2015, a little bit before my tenure, and has 4 extremely important rules in the OP. I assume that this refers to someone like Ralp or maybe even Cowcaster who would have been red stars at the time.

As far as I can recall, since it has been around there have not been any reports about the thread so you guys must absolutely have been following those four rules.

However, this post:

ninjewtsu posted:

I think the "litmus test" should be: are the girls being sexualized (yes) and are they underage (don't know enough about senran kagura to say)

is something that has weighed on me since.

I do not know much about Senran Kagura, but it does seem as though the girls are indeed being sexualised and that many of them are underage. Even when attempting to find out their ages, other posters on other forums are saying they cannot post pictures because they will get banned.

Regardless of your behaviour in following those rules I am making the decision to close it.

I am sorry as I can see it is active, but the thought of a game where a main mechanic is to strip girls with a roster who have quite a few underage girls makes me feel quite uneasy and does not feel like a good look for the forum.

Thank you all, and again I apologise.

• Locked thread