Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feminition posted:

jesus why not just bench instead of doing 300 pushups a night

Endurance vs mega monster for show but useless pecs..but yea either way chest isolating exercises mostly suck and if i wanted to build my triceps there are better ways to isolate them. And thats about it for what pushups/benching targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Addendum i am a fatbody currently eating kfc that i got at the drivethru

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
18 is the most I've done so far

Hey, it's an improvement over the 3 I could manage a couple of months ago after dieting down without doing any strength training!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Tautologicus posted:

Endurance vs mega monster for show but useless pecs..but yea either way chest isolating exercises mostly suck and if i wanted to build my triceps there are better ways to isolate them. And thats about it for what pushups/benching targets.

Being able to bench heavy will build your shoulders too and give you a nicer frame all around. Of course you should supplement this with other shoulder and trap workouts such as the overhead press and the row.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

notZaar posted:

Being able to bench heavy will build your shoulders too and give you a nicer frame all around. Of course you should supplement this with other shoulder and trap workouts such as the overhead press and the row.

where do jumping jacks fit into this regimen?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
loving pushup though

its just called loving op

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
My old supervisor would challenge young guys to a two for one competition with one handed vs regular push ups. He'd do one for every two you did. He kicked my rear end for sure. It was right before he retired and he didn't seem to be in that great of shape. The hell did he do that? Is there some trick to one handed push-ups?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, wank with one hand in particular and don't bathe or shower so the lactic acid in that arm accumulates and you get mad muscle growth as a result.

Hope that helps your quest for one-handers.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Ya ive gotten up to 235 on the bench before and it was the shoulder exercises, lat pull down, and the incline/decline presses that were the best. Bench is just a number. Freeweights are better than the bar on the bench anyway. Thats where you really build all those little stabilizer muscles.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

oncearoundaltair posted:

the nicest shaved growler LMFAO

nothing like spying an exotic hairless growler through some morning jungle mist

GargleBlaster
Mar 17, 2008

Stupid Narutard
Pushups while loving are hard tho

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

jBrereton posted:

Yeah, wank with one hand in particular and don't bathe or shower so the lactic acid in that arm accumulates and you get mad muscle growth as a result.

Hope that helps your quest for one-handers.

advanced trolling techniques

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

like 45 probably? not about to try though i have to play real sports tomorrow

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

canadianclassic posted:

like 45 probably? not about to try though i have to play real sports tomorrow

why dont you try after the fifa womans cup is over, sport

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Screw you.
I'm having enough trouble with the comparatively simple task of standing upright.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
RE the title:

Do you mean "[expletive intensifier] pushups" or do you mean "pushups while loving" ?

Your answer will determine my response.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
three without pause

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i used to do 70, in jail i did 90. i had giganic pecs. oh baby.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
nowadays i can do .3

BoobFarts
Apr 14, 2014
No you can't. That's bullllllshit. You're always bullshitting us.
Oh yeah? Prove it. Get down and do them. Do it.

Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
*other men start to chant*
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.

You're only supposed to do 12 max per set or else you're wasting energy.

Zooey Dave Chapelle
Oct 27, 2013
Posting this here so that I might actually do it. I just started a new job and I wanna do some pushups everyday right after I wake up in the mornings and this week I'm gonna start by doing 3 a day and work my way up my doing 3 more every week unless it's too hard ofc anyways I'm super stoked about getting ripped and getting tons of babes

E: starting off at 5 a day seems too hard

Zooey Dave Chapelle fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 5, 2015

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

BoobFarts posted:

No you can't. That's bullllllshit. You're always bullshitting us.
Oh yeah? Prove it. Get down and do them. Do it.

Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
*other men start to chant*
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.
Do it.

You're only supposed to do 12 max per set or else you're wasting energy.

citation needed

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody get that combination rolly thing/2 swivelly things/pullup bar, thats all you need for babe-attracting fitness level.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
do 25 and take a minute. do 24 and take a minute. do 23 and take a minute. do 22 and take a minute and so on until you hit 1 so you dont look like a human being bitch in the showers

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Only eighties kids will understand :smuggo:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
is an 80s kid someone born in the 80s or someone who came of age in the 80s?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

:golfclap:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I gave up on my 20 a morning, exercise is really boring. I dunno I guess I could get in a sit up, a push up, a squat and a star jump while I wait for the kettle to boil.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

a sit up, a push up, a squat and a star jump while I wait for the kettle to boil.

You're probably better off just stretching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Cock pushups?

• Locked thread