Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Relin posted:

Their funding goal was 100k. Uh..ambitious to say the least

I was just as surprised the project got successfully funded in Japan. Though maybe I shouldn't according to the Yen to USD conversion rate:

Judging by the graph and the timeframe, it probably wouldn've been closer to about $50,000 which is half - but still a lot more than what the US kickstarter achieved unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
So, this game is like Alien, except everything is depressing and ultimately pointless instead of scary and exciting.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bluhman posted:

I was just as surprised the project got successfully funded in Japan. Though maybe I shouldn't according to the Yen to USD conversion rate:

Judging by the graph and the timeframe, it probably wouldn've been closer to about $50,000 which is half - but still a lot more than what the US kickstarter achieved unfortunately.

That would be another thing, it wasn't on Kickstarter but what appears to likely be IndieGoGo. They would have used IGG because Kickstarter, until pretty recently, was limited to US based projects only (or to those that could afford to set-up a company in the US to receive the funds) whereas IGG could send the money anywhere. But even today IGG doesn't really get a lot of exposure outside of a few big projects here and there so if they weren't able to get other people to spread the word all over the internet they didn't really have a chance in the first place.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Steelpudding posted:

So, this game is like Alien, except everything is depressing and ultimately pointless instead of scary and exciting.

Aliens was scary and exciting, more action-oriented than horror-oriented. Alien relentlessly builds up an atmosphere of discomfort and paranoia, not allowing so much as a moment of levity once the monster shows up. E0 borrows heavily from both movies, and the result is a mishmash that lacks the emotional resonance of either film.

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.
Thanks SGF, that LP was really cool to watch, I'll make sure to check out D+D2

sockgarters
Dec 29, 2013

Thanks for this LP and letting me hear "Laura... Laura..." enough times for several lifetimes.

supergreatfriend posted:

Interlude: Real Sound: Kaze no Regret - Youtube | Download
About "Kaze no Regret" the all-audio game that wasn't really a game but a drama CD...

In the 1980s Rupert Holmes made a musical based on the unfinished Dickens novel 'The Mystery of Edwin Drood'. The musical has the audience vote for who the think the murderer is, and who a character obviously in disguise was in reality. The LP record and audio cassette releases just have the most popular choices for these, but the CD release has the "Chairman" character tell the listener to go to track whatever depending on whom they want to hear accused of the murder, etc. There were different versions of the lyrics for those choices, covering all possibilities. So that CD was more of the interactive experience the audio-only 'game' from Eno should have been!

Also, I've read the book of the 'Drood' musical, which has the original libretto and dialog. One of the other things the audience would vote for in the original form of the musical was pairing up characters romantically, at the end of the story. This included some unsettling possibilities, seeing how there were siblings and some very old and young characters... (who would comment about how twisted the audience choice was in their lyrics) Musicals! somehow being as weird and perverted as some animes and games...

sockgarters fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for this comprehensive retrospective, SGF! It's kind of touching there's a last game out there waiting to be made real.

• Locked thread