Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Bruceski posted:

I've played this game a bajillion times and I have NEVER seen those drones show up before hopping down the ladder.

Right? That threw me off sooooo much.

New Page so I'm going to make sure it's the toppity top.

Zain posted:

:siren: Christmas MIRACLE TIME~ :siren:

Part Twentyfour: Rocking the MIIIIIIKE~

Well to celebrate me being done for the semester of hellish classes, the updates are going to come fast and hard for EVERYONE to enjoy~ We'll probably be done on/after Christmas.

Zain fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Posting my post edit for a new page too.

And the Mike segment needs the proper soundtrack. http://tinyurl.com/j32lbdw

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
You know, there's only a few (hundred) bucks standing between you and your own Krauser knife!
http://traditionalarcherybows.com/handmade_jack_krauser_knife_resident_evil_4_p105.html

(I don't know if that's a quality knife or what, but there you go.)

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Wa11y posted:

You know, there's only a few (hundred) bucks standing between you and your own Krauser knife!
http://traditionalarcherybows.com/handmade_jack_krauser_knife_resident_evil_4_p105.html

(I don't know if that's a quality knife or what, but there you go.)

Kinda cool, but man... 200 bucks? That might be a bit of a stretch to buy that bad boy. Especially since it's not QUITE as prettyful as the one in the game.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Also, is there even such a thing as a quality replica of a video game weapon?

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I guess because it cuts? I mean that already is quality right there... Or something :iiam:

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
I'm pretty sure those 2 flying robots only spawn if you fire a weapon inside of that second building. There's also another 2~ robots that you could have spawned by going down a different hallway.

I really dislike Chapter 5-4. Probably my least favorite part of the game. It's really hard to do efficiently (no damage taken/minimal ammo used/all enemies killed) and it has a lot of RNG for speed runners.

The third infinite spawn glitch is available at the start of 5-4 though! If you exit the area (back to the Krauser area) then come back you can do go down these stairs and it will spawn 3 enemies behind you. Kill them then go back through the loading screen door to do it again. It will keep working until you open the door in the tower that spawns the J.J (minigun guy).

After Mike is shot down, the final 2 emeralds are up above on two different columns in the area.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Holy poo poo~ The Emeralds are apparently everywhere. They made them really hard to find in chapter 5.

:siren:Another update? YEP~:siren:

Part Twentyfive: Inventory Management

This is probably the most important update we have. I hope you all enjoy it you butts~!

Zain fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 21, 2015

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Oops~ That passive agressive update wasn't really the actual update. Silly me~ :ohdear:

:siren:Real Update is here:siren:

Part Twentysix: Plagas be gone

This is the final video before the final video. You can tell we're close to the end because there is more Saddler as well as just mass hordes of people. Chapter 5 has been by far the most rushed chapter of the game. It doesn't' really have much of an identity.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
That last Regenerator in the prison can be killed pretty easily though it takes a long time. If you run past it and climb up you can knife it in the head without it being able to attack you. It takes awhile because you can only hit his head and sometimes it explodes from damage taken. You end up waiting for the head to regenerate before being able to damage it again.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Zain posted:

Holy poo poo~ The Emeralds are apparently everywhere. They made them really hard to find in chapter 5.

This is probably the most important update we have. I hope you all enjoy it you butts~!

HALLELUJAH! :neckbeard:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Thorg posted:

That last Regenerator in the prison can be killed pretty easily though it takes a long time. If you run past it and climb up you can knife it in the head without it being able to attack you. It takes awhile because you can only hit his head and sometimes it explodes from damage taken. You end up waiting for the head to regenerate before being able to damage it again.

So Regenerators don't have an infinite amount of HP? Hmmm that's crazy.

IronSaber posted:

HALLELUJAH! :neckbeard:
Hehe yeah yeah... I know it does look kinda pretty at the very least. Hope I satisfied everyone's OCD.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I think they were trying to get back to a more "classic" Resident Evil feel with the island, what with all of the abandoned labs and the modern industrial vibe, plus some of the more overtly engineered horrors like the Regenerators and U3. It works well in some areas but not so much in others, I agree. Needed more spots like the kitchen and that weird dungeon and fewer military dude arenas.

Also now that I'm watching someone play this game instead of playing it myself, it's kind of funny how out-of-place Krauser feels. Get teased at the end of 4-1, go MIA until 5-3, two scenes, dead. I would assume they wanted to develop some sort of foreshadowing for the series going forward but I have no idea why I was supposed to give a drat about Krauser. Maybe they rushed it but this game was in development for so long I'd be surprised if they rushed anything. Also every time he shows up he gets more and more naked :gay:

Zain posted:

aaaaaaaaaa you have the healing items and ammo oriented the wrong way, the ammo is supposed to be horizontal and the healing is vertical you philistine :argh:

E:

Zain posted:

Yeah they go down after taking a ton of damage, I would assume the one you killed in the latest episode hit that threshold, which is why it died despite not losing all of its parasites. It's probably to prevent them from being unkillable if you trash the Infrared Scope.

Also speaking of the Infrared Scope, I like to take it through a New Game+ to see what the other environments look like. The chapter 2 skies in particular are super-trippy if viewed through the Infrared Scope.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 22, 2015

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
Nice bit with the ending, I like the little editing touches. The stock eagle sound effect last time was great too. :patriot:

Zain posted:

Yeah, when Ben and I were streaming it, I gunned one down with the Killer 7 since there was no way to get past it. ...and I was about to say "That may not be the most practical way of doing it," but you have like 30 excess magnum rounds, so you never know. :v:

C-Euro posted:

Also speaking of the Infrared Scope, I like to take it through a New Game+ to see what the other environments look like. The chapter 2 skies in particular are super-trippy if viewed through the Infrared Scope.

:aaaaa: I will absolutely have to do this! Didn't even think about carrying over stuff like that.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Wayne posted:

Nice bit with the ending, I like the little editing touches. The stock eagle sound effect last time was great too. :patriot:

Yeah, when Ben and I were streaming it, I gunned one down with the Killer 7 since there was no way to get past it. ...and I was about to say "That may not be the most practical way of doing it," but you have like 30 excess magnum rounds, so you never know. :v:

:aaaaa: I will absolutely have to do this! Didn't even think about carrying over stuff like that.

I don't always hit it when the editing touches but when I do I like to think they're fairly clever usage of my editing techniques.

Hush! My magnum needs all the ammo~ It's thirsty! But I do find that interesting.

Yeah I totally sold it before the final battle and oops didn't know I could take it into the NG+ with me.

C-Euro posted:

aaaaaaaaaa you have the healing items and ammo oriented the wrong way, the ammo is supposed to be horizontal and the healing is vertical you philistine :argh:
You should be happy that I did it at all! It effects nothing in the game whatsoever than to satisfy people's OCD. :ohdear:

Zain fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 22, 2015

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

:siren:Last UPDATE!:siren:

Part Twentyseven: Final Finale

Yep! That's it for the LP~ I wanna thank everyone that joined me in the thread and gave a lot of insight into the game. Without you all, this LP really wouldn't have been as great as it was. I'm sorry if I didn't name named too well. I'm bad at that and have no foresight into making a list to thank everyone individually. But know you've all made this happen.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

For those that may be wondering I don't think I'm going to do the Separate Ways addon. I'm not familiar with it in the slightest bit and feel like I'd just run around like a chicken with its head cut off. I'd rather save everyone the eye rolling badness of what that entails.

Zain fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 26, 2015

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Thank you for this, I enjoyed it!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, same here :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mission Accomplished

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Good run.

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Can't really think of anything interesting to say about the Saddler fight. He's just a big bullet sponge like Verdugo so I generally buy a rocket launcher for him because at that point in the game I'm just looking forward to it being over.

On the jet ski ride you can do flips if you hold down LT and RT (on the xbox controller, not sure what it is for keyboard and mouse) before hitting the ramps. There's also a funny glitch that I think was shown off at SGDQ where if you use the Ditman glitch before getting on the jet ski. I don't think the glitch works on the PC version though. You can find it on youtube.

Congrats on finishing. I don't blame ya for skipping Separate Ways. I've only played through 1 and a half times. The enemy AI is wonky. Sometimes you'll knock enemies down and they'll immediately start standing up. Other times they're ultra aggressive and will just run straight at you. It's interesting story wise, I like how they let you go different places with Ada, and the surprises in familiar places are fun but the actual gameplay annoys me because of the AI. The final boss fight is a pain in the rear end too because I couldn't escape from his QTE any of the times he grabbed me which was an instant kill.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It is possible to die during the jet ski run but you have to blatantly run into something. I know from personal experience.

At any rate this LP was so American I turned into a bald eagle, so thanks for that. Yes it's very difficult to type with talons. Are you going to demo any of the special weapons or modes? Some of them are pretty rad even if they can get boring if you overuse them.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Thank you all for the kind words.

C-Euro posted:

It is possible to die during the jet ski run but you have to blatantly run into something. I know from personal experience.

At any rate this LP was so American I turned into a bald eagle, so thanks for that. Yes it's very difficult to type with talons. Are you going to demo any of the special weapons or modes? Some of them are pretty rad even if they can get boring if you overuse them.

I'm glad I can transform you into the most majestic creature known on this earth. Weapon Demos would be good, but I'm not good enough to 5 star every Merc mission with every character. I've never done the Merc Missions actually... It'd be a while before I can unlock more than just Matilda and the Infinite Rocket Launcher.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

C-Euro posted:

It is possible to die during the jet ski run but you have to blatantly run into something.

:saddowns:

Thanks for the cool [and American :patriot: ] LP, Zain! In particular I owe you one for the Saddler video, like running up to him after the QTE and using the knife. He didn't cooperate with me as well as he did for you (he'd keep sidestepping and getting a hit on me) but I still beat him without dying, which is... quite a bit better than I did on the stream!

Speaking of, if anybody clicks the indignant smilie, Ben and I did do the Ada stuff starting with the next video in the playlist. Contra Thorg/Lorax I actually thought the "slightly-harder-but-not-Pro" difficulty was just about right and the instant stand-ups were more of a positive gameplay shakeup than negative. But then I am the kind of person to only play a game once to a few times (except for Dark Souls :v: ); if you play it for fun like he does the randomness would probably seem pretty grating.

Zain posted:

I've never done the Merc Missions actually...

Yeah, me neither. Or done any of the shooting galleries beyond the first one. I think we'll have to do that as practice to warm up for the Professional mode stream. Definitely jealous of those of you playing it on PC and get to use a mouse to aim! :arghfist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE you died to that Wayne. Geez that was pretty awesome actually.

Again thank you for the kind words~ I hope I brought people smiles and laughs. BUT! The entertainment doesn't need to end now! OH NO! I have another thread Resident Evil 5 with Special Guest! That's right folks! You can't stop this Resident Evil train from rolling until you get to 6 then it crashes and goes off the rails and I probably won't actually LP that one.

• Locked thread