Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I'm going on a trip next week to a place with alligators. I plan on kayaking, fishing and crabbing on a river. What are my gator survival odds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
more surprised this isnt a florida headline tbh

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

greg sexyvibes posted:

Blank that gator!
*splash*
Help me, some sort of gator's got me!

A very definite Futurama vibe
I hear Fry's voice yelling that. *maybe bender

Baxter fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 6, 2015

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Gator is really delicious, so I can't imagine how good they must taste after eating a beer soaked moron.

You can't eat gator flesh after they've eaten a redneck from Texas. The risk of hepatitis is too great.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

All those "American Swamp Retard" reality TV shows have pretty much downplayed the danger of alligators and given everyone the idea that they're no match for tough guys

But if an alligator can do this to a truck fender with minimal effort he can sure tear your head off with even less effort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynhumAumc8Q

Pft, I could do that

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
The guy's bones are gonna wash up on that marina's shoreline and michelle will have to clean it up

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RaceBannon posted:

I'm going on a trip next week to a place with alligators. I plan on kayaking, fishing and crabbing on a river. What are my gator survival odds?

That depends. Finish this quick quiz.

1. Fill in the blank: __________ the alligators.

2. Swimming with the alligators is a cool thing to do and shows how tough I am. True/False.

3. You frequently say the words "Watch this!" or "Hold my beer." True/False

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Pft, I could do that

Well go on then. :colbert:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
a friend of the dumb man who got eaten hunted down and killed the alligator

what are the odds of one of the alligator's friends hunting this new redneck down and eating him??? that would be freaking epic

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

quote:

Woodward ignored verbal warnings and a posted “No Swimming Alligators” sign and seemed to mock the deadly creatures before going in the water.

No swimming alligators? heh, I'll be safer in the water than on land then!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
gently caress the haters/gently caress the gators nice

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

whatis posted:

what are the odds of one of the alligator's friends hunting this new redneck down and eating him??? that would be freaking epic

this could be an interesting movie

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
this was a good story im glad it was posted to gbs

i almist imagine it happening like a cartoon

:d: gently caress the alligators
:(: gently caress! the alligators

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

whatis posted:

this is how blood feuds get started down south

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a gothic tale of death and revenge on the texas/louisiana border...

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Justin Credible posted:

When you name your son 'Tommie' you are basically asking him to be devoured by alligators.

Or be a pinball wizard?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
gently caress the ocean

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

PerilPastry posted:

gently caress the ocean

gators live in freshwater or estuaries only.

They're also lazy ambush-predators. You can step on one and it won't give a gently caress unless you're small enough to eat.

You literally, literally have to be a drunk dumbass redneck who hops into a feeding pool with a gator 10 to 16 feet long to ever be at risk of being killed by a gator.
They are the cows of the freshwater river. (manatees branded themselves as that, but let me ask you - have you ever heard of a gator eating a manatee? No, you haven't, because gators only eat small poo poo.)

Godspeed, texas redneck. You died as you lived - very, very dumb.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
lmao how was this not in Florida

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
stupid people getting killed by crocodiles probably doesnt make the news in florida anymore

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Do It Once Right posted:

gators live in freshwater or estuaries only.

They're also lazy ambush-predators. You can step on one and it won't give a gently caress unless you're small enough to eat.

You literally, literally have to be a drunk dumbass redneck who hops into a feeding pool with a gator 10 to 16 feet long to ever be at risk of being killed by a gator.

Saltwater crocodiles, on the other hand ....

YeahSo!
Feb 1, 2015

by Lowtax

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Its not that hard to swim with alligators if you know what your doing. This guy didnt know or understand the risks and so ruined it for the rest of us who can and do swim with these gentle beasts regularly.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Zeike posted:

It was because the sign said “No Swimming Alligators” instead of “No Swimming, Alligators”

The man had assumed that the gators could not swim and so that he would be safe. The regional sign council has to answer for this.

That's just going to make the next gator victim think the sign is telling alligators they aren't allowed to swim. I would suggest "No Swimming; Alligators" instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Companion Cube posted:

That's just going to make the next gator victim think the sign is telling alligators they aren't allowed to swim. I would suggest "No Swimming; Alligators" instead.

I'd suggest letting them jump into the water and let nature take its course.

• Locked thread