Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Time to seriouspost about "Creepy"

There was a time, not too long ago, when in the United States, socialization was defined by a fairly short and non-ambiguous list of criteria.

If you were an adult who had completed high school, or at least eighth grade, and you adhered to basic rules about hygiene and grooming (neat crew cut, freshly pressed slacks) as well as ideology (not a communist, went to church at least on holidays) you were able to interact with any other member of society.

As long as you were white, of course.

People weren't scared of each other because they knew what to expect of each other.

There were people who were scary, but these were people who were obviously outsiders: all drunks were passed out in alleys, all molesters were old men in trench coats, and all criminals were blacks or freaks. But fear was pretty unambiguous.

As the criteria for membership in society have blurred, and as people have been unable to ascertain people's nature by a few sets of unambiguous cues, EVERYTHING has become creepy. Everyone is "creepy" because they might be about to embark on deviant behavior, and there is no outside sign of who is "proper" in their behavior and who is not.

So the answer is, everything is creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

Time to seriouspost about "Creepy"

There was a time, not too long ago, when in the United States, socialization was defined by a fairly short and non-ambiguous list of criteria.

If you were an adult who had completed high school, or at least eighth grade, and you adhered to basic rules about hygiene and grooming (neat crew cut, freshly pressed slacks) as well as ideology (not a communist, went to church at least on holidays) you were able to interact with any other member of society.

As long as you were white, of course.

People weren't scared of each other because they knew what to expect of each other.

There were people who were scary, but these were people who were obviously outsiders: all drunks were passed out in alleys, all molesters were old men in trench coats, and all criminals were blacks or freaks. But fear was pretty unambiguous.

As the criteria for membership in society have blurred, and as people have been unable to ascertain people's nature by a few sets of unambiguous cues, EVERYTHING has become creepy. Everyone is "creepy" because they might be about to embark on deviant behavior, and there is no outside sign of who is "proper" in their behavior and who is not.

So the answer is, everything is creepy.

I read every word of this and recommend that everybody else do the same :thumbsup:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I am Toni Lippi posted:

As a professional creep I welcome this opportunity for us creeps to workshop and find ways to improve our game. Staring intently at your av's thinking about what each of you may look like while I slowly stroke my cock. I have a good feeling about this thread.

Creep collaboration is most definitely creepy!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

I am Toni Lippi posted:

As a professional creep I welcome this opportunity for us creeps to workshop and find ways to improve our game. Staring intently at your av's thinking about what each of you may look like while I slowly stroke my cock. I have a good feeling about this thread.

35) having an av given out during a 2008 wacky mod (abe) thread that wasnt funny then and isnt funny now

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I follow the immortal words of TLC and so I creep, yeah yeah

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Calling the vain attempt of a person to make sense of the world in using a kind of internal logic that makes sense only at first glance and that will not stand up to scrutiny retarded with a thumbs up smiley is the creepiest loving thing anyone has done in this whole thread!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i only read 60% of it but its about right, you just neve rknow whos gonna turn out to be a homo that injects some sort of liquid into their dick

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

thathonkey posted:

that's newb-tier. i use an automated software program of my own devise which refreshes the first page of GBS on a timer and whenever a new thread pops up i have it generate a post from an AI that is itself based on my real Something Awful Forums persona. the AI was created via a complicated machine learning algorithm which i fed my entire post history. it is smart enough to update every night so that the persona maintains continuity and absorbs new posts on a regular basis.

That sounds creepy

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

gently caress the ROW posted:

i only read 60% of it but its about right, you just neve rknow whos gonna turn out to be a homo that injects some sort of liquid into their dick

Getting the "gist" of something - super creepy.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Xaris posted:

mookface

hows that old so-and-so doing? still abandoning his wife and kids and railing about how he deserves running away to drink and do drugs because his life was tough?

oh that reminds me, mookface is creepy

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

hows that old so-and-so doing? still abandoning his wife and kids and railing about how he deserves running away to drink and do drugs because his life was tough?

oh that reminds me, mookface is creepy

ya i think so lol

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm having a hard time figuring out which one of these adult women I find more sexually attractive. I can't decide which one I desire to have coitus with more.

OR

For the record, this desire for sexual intercourse with physically attractive, totally legal adult Hispanic women shall be entered into the NOT CREEPY category.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

thathonkey posted:

I read every word of this and recommend that everybody else do the same :thumbsup:

The ambiguity of whether you intend this ironically or not makes your response to my post "Creepy".

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
45) posting a/in a thread on Internet comedy forum Something Awful

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
87) listening to the song "creep" by the band Radiohead
88) listening to the song "creep" by the band Radiohead, the only song on your winamp playlist
93) Head with a radio or a radio with a head on it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Not instantly understanding that someone is clearly calling attention to your post to mock it, man, just gives me the chills all over.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i use it as a synonym for unsettling and predatory, b. max

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
autism is creepy

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Liking or in any way associating with children's TV shows

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

47) liking anything

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Genetic Toaster posted:

47) liking anything

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

If you quoted that you must have liked it...creep.

Also calling everyone creepy is creepy. Creepy and suspicious.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
51) sea creatures

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
52) tall men in forests wearing suits
53) that one photo
54) bees

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
69) excessive pdas, like every time your significant other enters or exits the room kissing them

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

a starwar betamax posted:

53) that one photo

I'm pretty sure I know the one you're talking about

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
-Having a "side chick"
-Excessive end-zone celebrations
-Artisanal cheese plates

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
63) knowing the backstory on all the SA smileys

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
keeping track of the numbers

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

thathonkey posted:

keeping track of the numbers

64) complaining

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I send private messages to female redditors telling them about the easy upvote farm of r/gonewild.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME

Germstore posted:

I send private messages to female redditors telling them about the easy upvote farm of r/gonewild.

Le gold for you!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
65. Not using proper finger placement while typing on a computer keyboard.
66. Using the scroll wheel to change weapons in first person shooters.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

dont talk to anyone, dont look at anyone, dont think about anyone. dont talk to anyone

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
beta aint gonna lie your bathroom reviews?

mad creepy dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Alan Smithee posted:

beta aint gonna lie your bathroom reviews?

mad creepy dog

71) watching another goons youtube videos and remembering something about them and then commenting about them months later

• Locked thread