Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh well, at least it made me want to read the comic. It's a decent comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Goodbye horned troll girl

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

For what it was, the last episode was good. Best part by far was Genjirou. Touko's appearance was funny too if not short.

All in all this anime was a lesson for everyone in what not to do.

I survived, but ultimately lost. Back to the manga thread.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Eh that was pretty darn good I'd say. Not as good as the manga, but 8.5/10 at least, I'd say. The ending was :3: as Hell though. :)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

A fitting ending for a good comedy show. Nothing outstanding though.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014
It's hard to judge the quality of the anime itself having read the manga first. The manga is beyond amazing, so it's going to make a show of any quality look bad by comparison. It's not the show's fault how high that bar is.

Basically it's the same feeling you get when they take an epic book series and make it into a movie series. Naturally for time constraints and whatnot there's going to be material left out, but I also think there's more than that here.

Pros:
*It was really cool seeing such an amazing series get made into an anime.
*I also liked most of the voice actors.
*I really enjoyed the fact that they got the "Let's save Earth" chapter into the show.

Beefs:
*The manga has a drat near perfect rom to com ratio, whereas the show seemed to push too many halfhearted rom moments.
*Also there was the fanservice. In the manga, as in the anime, most to all of the fanservice is routed through Shiho's character, however in the manga it seemed to flow naturally whereas the anime seemed to force it fairly often.
*The show also seemed to miss the perfect comedic timing of the source material by a beat or two.

Overall impression: The show suffers most perhaps because of its inevitable comparison to the manga coupled with it's attempt to fit too much of the manga's later content into only 13 episodes, no matter how hard you try it's going to be shallow (Think a person trying to beat an Olympic level athlete with only one month of training.) There are some things that just take time. It's not terrible, I don't regret watching it, though I probably wouldn't recommend the anime (The manga I universally recommend to anyone).

TLDR Summary: Too much half-hearted Rom, Not enough Com.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It was a good adaptation, but not a great one.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

cyrus_zane posted:

TLDR Summary: Too much half-hearted Rom, Not enough Com.

Seconded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I liked it.

• Locked thread