Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
anyways good point OP, terminator is likely bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

reddit liker posted:

that would be a prequel, not a sequel, friend

but i would crowdsource this

would it? What if the main plot of the movie is characters from after Terminator: Genisys going back in time to witness the events from the first time travel attempts?

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
What I want to know is why did the T-1000 have a dong?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

My Q-Face posted:

What I want to know is why did the T-1000 have a dong?

All men keep their CPU there.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
As a commentor on Cracked.com posted (and it must be true. He said he's an expert).

The other two robots are made of/coated with "poly-MIMETIC alloy" - as in it 'mimics' human flesh.

Can someone check the math on that?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

dog buttz posted:

would it? What if the main plot of the movie is characters from after Terminator: Genisys going back in time to witness the events from the first time travel attempts?

d-dang....

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Mahnarch posted:

As a commentor on Cracked.com posted (and it must be true. He said he's an expert).

The other two robots are made of/coated with "poly-MIMETIC alloy" - as in it 'mimics' human flesh.

Can someone check the math on that?

2 + 4.2553...carry the one...nope. doesn't make any sense cause metal is shiny.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i seem to remember them saying the humans locked the time machine to not work with not flesh things because they didn't want robots using it and then the robots just removed the lock at some point???

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

excuse to show arnold naked plus it's kinda neat for the hero and bad guy to have to search for clothes, weapons, and a vehicle

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gently caress the ROW posted:

whats the name of the sexy young terminator from the tv show...

Summer Glau. Most noted for Firefly.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wanna gently caress that robot

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

XMNN posted:

arnold schwarzenegger was a very attractive naked man

Michael Biehn looked better nude IMO

(not gay)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Parallax Scroll posted:

wanna gently caress that robot

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It was to get around the inevitable question of why the Terminator didn't come back with future weapons or a nuke and had to scavenge for 80's weaponry.

The Yellow Ant
Apr 6, 2004

I can lift 50 times my own weight in hope.
Maybe they're worried about, like, zippers and stuff? Only the Amish can timetravel while clothed, it's their racial perk.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Why didn't skynet just send a message to itself with detailed information of the future?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

a starwar betamax posted:

now ive never actually seen these movies, but from what i understand it is something about how the time machine only works with living material so like cloth and stuff wont work.... but then the robot guy is made of metal so i dunno is it like living metal or what

Real talk, the particles get all broken down for transport only to be rearranged on the other end. throwing clothes & whatnot would lead to some unusual results

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
they rock out with their cock out.

the law

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

mmmmm

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Tricky D posted:

Why didn't skynet just send a message to itself with detailed information of the future?

cause then we wouldn't get a cool action movie dummy

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

needs more love

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I mean come on it's basic grandfather paradox poo poo and a super AI couldn't figure that out? Kill Sarah Connor=No Reason to send a terminator back=sarah connor lives=gotta send a terminator back=sarah connor killed=no reason to send a terminator back=sarah connor lives.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

VendaGoat posted:

Time travel problem number one. Please find the absolute motion of the Earth and surrounding heavenly bodies.

LOL, dun ended up 12 parsecs away, yo.

Although the wormhole exits at the specified time in the past it actually exists at all points between the point of travel and the destination. It has negligible mass so the gravity of the earth is enough to keep it rooted in the same place in three dimensional space.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Time traveling assnaked is a cool plot device. That's it. Don't worry about it and accept nude Arnold.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Parallax Scroll posted:

excuse to show arnold naked plus it's kinda neat for the hero and bad guy to have to search for clothes, weapons, and a vehicle

Well sure, but what about the T-1000? He didn't have to search for clothes. And then that begs the question if the Time Machine scans for human genitalia.

VendaGoat posted:

I don't know about all, personally I keep my GPU there.

(Genital penetration unit)

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i don't know i i didn't build the loving thing

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we dont have weapons with flesh grown around them sent back through time because the timeline works out such that time travel is always a last-ditch effort by an about-to-lose-the-war skynet
presumably up until that point skynet is too unsure about whether it will work and not willing to take the risks or (since the timetravel time loop is cyclical) in every iteration the timing of events of the war just happen to match up such that time travel development is finished by skynet just as they are about to lose the war

and its possible that john connor in his lifetime could just as easily encounter a series of terminators sent back not even progressively more dangerous since its always a new skynet
he could get a t-800, t-800, t-600 (rubber skin), t-1000, t-800, t-600, t-x, t-800...
as long as john survives he is better positioned to directly learn from the experience meanwhile each skynet never necessarily has to even know its not the first skynet john connor has encountered terminators from

anyway its bullshit that sarah connor chronicles didnt get another season right when it got amazing
for what? dollhouse? gently caress you wheton

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In this terminator comic they use a fat guy as an organic gun storage meatbag.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
If a terminator went through the machine alongside a human; would they merge like in 'The Fly'?

And, if so, would the machine then know why we cry AND be able to do so?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
time strips all

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What I'm about to say is a little controversial but I think she's really attractive and I would likely enjoy having sex with her.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kuato posted:

What I'm about to say is a little controversial but I think she's really attractive and I would likely enjoy having sex with her.

:jackbud:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Kuato posted:

yeah i guess. if you can get past her giant forehead.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Wait, how did the T-1000 get around that weird time travel limitation?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
so why couldn't John Connor just quantum leap into the bodies of people of the past? land in a retard, phone it in to stay undercover, and kill mr. blonde because he's a dick

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Tarquinn posted:

Wait, how did the T-1000 get around that weird time travel limitation?
Kyle Reese didn't know what the gently caress he was talking about. He didn't know tech stuff.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

amityville anus posted:

so why couldn't John Connor just quantum leap into the bodies of people of the past? land in a retard, phone it in to stay undercover, and kill mr. blonde because he's a dick

Because the trees released a pheromone, which caused the center of the Earth to stop rotating, which induced birds to attack humans.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
posting in an EPIC thread

just :gas: it

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Because the trees released a pheromone, which caused the center of the Earth to stop rotating, which induced birds to attack humans.

but the pheromones wouldn't affect the terminators because they don't have feelings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

amityville anus posted:

but the pheromones wouldn't affect the terminators because they don't have feelings

They enabled the "write" ability of their CPU's

• Locked thread